Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My School. 1980's. HSE and Headmaster child abuse!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Our headmasters favourite was strangling the children until their faces went red and blue.

Like, both at the same time, half and half style?

Dude had skills, he'd had made a ****ing killing at soccer games for Croatia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Mousey- wrote: »
    yeah i had to get an exam but from my local gp when i went to do boxing, not in school

My primary school in the 1970's was in a bit of a deprived area..they used to give sandwiches and milk to the kids and had regular inspections for ringworm and headlice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

get on to that fella from westshyte. he'll write a song for you. like the one about where he got a slap from the Christian brothers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

There should be an "ass hats" tag too.

Sorry I'm all out of room now :D
    It just goes to show how much scum reside on this Internet and on these boards. You laugh and joke about child abuse. Do you feel really good about yourself now?
    What child abuse? All I see is someone trying to pretend they were abused, making a mockery of kids who were

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

But you are all missing a vital point here. If those exams were so crucial to the childs health, then how come they are not performed today?

Are you all now stating that the HSE is neglecting children?

Answers please?

Answers here...

Eh no, I am not missing a vital point... it seems you may be missing the point.

"Those" exams do NOT seem to have been performed in most schools.

"Those" exams do NOT seem to have been legal.

"Those" exams were obivously NOT crucial to children's health.

"Those" exams are not performed today because they are not legal.

I am NOT stating that the HSE is neglecting children.

I am NOW quitting while I'm ahead :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

But you are all missing a vital point here. If those exams were so crucial to the childs health, then how come they are not performed today?

Are you all now stating that the HSE is neglecting children?

Answers please?

They don't do it because people like you exist and are having children. You would work to convince your child they were abused and that they are traumatised!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I was schooled privately so we had exams for gout, cirrhosis and monocle eye. Its the several ports after tiffin that does it I gather.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It just goes to show how much scum reside on this Internet and on these boards. You laugh and joke about child abuse. Do you feel really good about yourself now?

A medical exam is not child abuse.

Next you'll be telling us that your ould wans fanny caressed you on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

OP, contact the correct authorities,

AH isn't the best place to air your grievances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement