Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I don't know how reliable they are but their brand new and might suit somebody for that money. Would you still get the old 3 warranty with them?;)

They're likely Jasper models, so probably more reliable than even the new Slims. And even more importantly, they could be jtaggable ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

EnterNow wrote: »
    And even more importantly, they could be jtaggable ;)

almost certain they are, if you're into that kinda thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

They're likely Jasper models, so probably more reliable than even the new Slims. And even more importantly, they could be jtaggable ;)

I knew there was something about them arcade ones and the JTAG. How do you know is it by date or power rating?

if you're into that kinda thing

Yeah, those that are are probably doing it wrong are we?

I knew there was something about them arcade ones and the JTAG. How do you know is it by date or power rating?

Not too sure man, it could be the manufacturer date?

• Advertisement

Not too sure man, it could be the manufacturer date?

I have a spare hard drive off a elite that red ringed, they seem to have a good few up there. I have a slim but a second one might be good for other things;) I could be the new SteveSI

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Should be by year, look for the Lot Number, it should be something like this, 0843x, 08 indicating the year they were made in and 43 the week. Should also be 12.1amps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

keithgeo wrote: »
    Not sure if this was mentioned, spotted it on ebay this morning, SEGA Touring Car arcade cab auction on ebay. its in Rathfarnham, collection only.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Touring-Car-Driving-Machine-/110971674765?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item19d66d608d

MAJOR WANT!!!!

Rathfarnham is literally 5 minutes away from me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

MAJOR WANT!!!!

Rathfarnham is literally 5 minutes away from me too.

But Some of the branding on the box has been flawed over the years! :D

Go for it man. I can't see the end price rising much higher than that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    But Some of the branding on the box has been flawed over the years! :D

Go for it man. I can't see the end price rising much higher than that.

It's in the watch list. I think I can live without food for the rest of the month anyway. Fecking car tax and a lavish bank holiday weekend threw my budget way off this month :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I'm living in rathfarnham..It's an omen.
    Money is down :)

Master of the Universe

Ah lads, still 7 days to go! Stop bidding, you're just throwing your money away!

Yeah I know..threw down bid then saw 7 days left.
    Ooops...time to play the patience game.
    Anyway does the cab even work?

Master of the Universe

Hah! Now there's a good question. Might be an idea to ask him for a photo/video of the monitor on.

Indeed..in the process now.
    Would be deadly to have a dedicated driving cab though
    Touring cars was model 2? So this would be a JVS cab rather than Jamma yeah?
    If it worked you could whack daytona or sega rally into it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

Hah! Now there's a good question. Might be an idea to ask him for a photo/video of the monitor on.

Sure why not just ask him can you take it for a test drive(excuse the pun), if your not to far from him. I know i would if i was going to bid.

I'd be very careful about bidding on that cab so early, its really not worth that much & all the early excitement could over-value it. My top money on that cab, given its condition, assuming its working, would be about €150/€200 max

Yep agreed..just rare to see dedicated stand up driving cab on the market.
    Really want one...model 2 makes it all the better..the best platform bar none for arcade driving games.if monitor works I'm in.
    Tis you that has the ridge racer stand up isn't it

Tis you that has the ridge racer stand up isn't it

Aye, sucker for driving cabs myself :)

Master of the Universe

I kinda want it too now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Kinda limited to driving games though that is if its you're only cab. Would make a nice second cab :)

Kinda limited to driving games though that is if its you're only cab. Would make a nice second cab :)

Agreed, its the perfect 2nd cab. For your first, ideally you should go for the most versatile setup like a 6 button Jamma setup

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

great collection there, would say it'll be beyond my price range come next weekend though

Great collection for somebody, GLWS.

Stupid amount of buy it now offers all ready, all really low ones too!

Loose cart of terranigma to go up as well.

Master of the Universe

I remember playing one in a shop in London about 6 or 7 years ago. Think it was selling at 1500. Which probably explains that auction price. Youd get a new astro city delivered from ronnie for about 850

Oh wow, 1500 was conservative enough!

http://www.paramountzone.com/carcade.htm

bargain for someone living near Mullingar

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/2-x-play-station-1/2278213

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Oh wow, 1500 was conservative enough!

http://www.paramountzone.com/carcade.htm

I dont understand how they are that price, surely that arnt selling at that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement