Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Long weekend in Donegal - Advice?

Options
  • 09-05-2015 4:32pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Want to take the girlfriend for a long weekend in Donegal. She's not from Ireland and has been dying to go. I have not been since I was a kid. Just hoping someone can give me some advice or what are the must do things and places to see? Where should I say, which routes should I take?

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Dunford

Zascar wrote: »
    Want to take the girlfriend for a long weekend in Donegal. She's not from Ireland and has been dying to go. I have not been since I was a kid. Just hoping someone can give me some advice or what are the must do things and places to see? Where should I say, which routes should I take?

Any advice appreciated!

inishowen is great and the people very nice. also handy ro visit Derry, which is a cool place. lovely folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jonathondoe

Regularly up around Donegal, great spot for long weekend and ideal if into any outdoor sports too.
    I spend most of my time around Falcarragh dunfanaghy area, lovely beaches, errigall and mucking to climb, nice restaurants (the mill dunfanaghy is great) pubs - teach billies in gortahork is a great little spot for a pint if more towards falcarragh gweedore side. Loads of costal drives. Festival season soon so keep eye out for some, jazz festivals etc glenveagh also a great place to visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Wellies, waterproofs......

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Zascar wrote: »

Any advice appreciated!
    This is well worth a read :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I took some Dub friends up their recently. Just a Bank Holiday weekend.

Stayed in Barnesmore, visited Donegal Town, and in the evening took them to Biddys O Barnes. Natural fire burning, it was really nice. They were having a charity darts night so gave us TWO free rounds of drink for the hassle. Spent an afternoon out around the Cliffs at Slieve League. My mate is a Dub and could not believe he had never heard of these!

One afternnon did Harveys Point and Lough Eske then headed to Letterkenny for an Indian and a night in Voodoo. My friends thoroughly enjoyed it and want to return.

• Advertisement
Advertisement