Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coin counting machines Letterkenny

Options
  • 12-05-2015 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where all there is those machines for counting coins in Letterkenny? And if they generally charge the same rate to use?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can't remember how much it charges but there's a machine in Centra in Glencar.

Tesco used to be great for offloading change before they installed the slots. Now it just takes longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

CastorTroy wrote:
    Can't remember how much it charges but there's a machine in Centra in Glencar.

I remember there been one there although last time I was in it appeared to be out of use. I'll check again.
    CastorTroy wrote:
    Tesco used to be great for offloading change before they installed the slots. Now it just takes longer.
    Cool thanks, I'll check out Tesco.

I meant the Tesco self service checkout, but now i think of it, I think they have a coin counter as well

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I know Supervalue in Ballybofey have (or had) a machine and I think it was around 50c charge for every €10. I never used it so Im not sure if that figure is actually correct.

The reason I mentioned Ballybofey is that its likely that these machines are in all Supervalue shops around the county. I assume theres a Supervalue branch in Letterkenny and if so it might be worth a visit.

Haven't had a SuperValu in Letterkenny in a long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Haven't had a SuperValu in Letterkenny in a long time
    Wow! I thought there was still one there somewhere. I know they were in the courtyard a number of years ago and assumed they had moved to other premises.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

muffler wrote: »
    I know Supervalue in Ballybofey have (or had) a machine and I think it was around 50c charge for every €10. I never used it so Im not sure if that figure is actually correct.

The reason I mentioned Ballybofey is that its likely that these machines are in all Supervalue shops around the county. I assume theres a Supervalue branch in Letterkenny and if so it might be worth a visit.
    Yeah, the SuperValu in Donegal town has one also. Not used it but think there's a percentage charge.

muffler wrote: »
    Wow! I thought there was still one there somewhere. I know they were in the courtyard a number of years ago and assumed they had moved to other premises.

Moved down to the shopping centre where Argos and all are. But that closed as well and is now Dealz

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Tesco have a machine that charges 10% of your change, think it's 9.9 c per euro

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

Harris Service station in Convoy does it during the day, also taking a commission.

• Advertisement
Advertisement