Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Economics marking scheme

• 18-03-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

looking at them online and they are so detailed. like in an exam do you have to have the exact wording of the marking scheme to get full marks? Because thats all the examiner has to go on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Junokevv

No, it says in the marking schemes that they are not exhaustive.

My teacher in economics said that a lot of it depends on the examiner that you get whether or not they'll award marks for more obscure answers.

Lately I've been trying to take answers directly from the marking schemes because you know they'll be right when it comes to the LC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 teach432

It's best to try to stick as closely to the schemes as possible. I wouldn't say you need 'exact wording' though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

For supply/demand/elasticity and the market structures you will get a C if you don't have exact wording. For these sections you are reciting the theory of Economics and you can't really edit it to suit you unfortunately. For macro sections, they tend to be more relaxed.

Economics marking can be very objective so make sure you don't give them reasons to deduct you marks. Waffle will leave you with a C/D.

Advertisement