Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Kiss your mother, You may never see her again"

• 24-07-2013 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

In the early hours of Friday 15 March 2013, masked Israeli soldiers, some with attack dogs, stormed the village of Hares, which is close to Road 5. More than 50 soldiers broke the doors of the villagers’ houses, demanding the whereabouts of their teenage sons. Ten boys were arrested that night, blindfolded, handcuffed, and transferred to an unknown location. The families were not informed of their sons’ alleged wrongdoings.

Two days later, a second wave of violent arrests took place. At around 3 o’clock in the morning, the Israeli army, accompanied by the Shabak (the Israeli secret service), entered the homes of 3 Palestinian adolescents. They had a piece of paper with their names in Hebrew. After forcing all the family members into one room, taking away their phones so that they wouldn’t call for help, and interrogating them, the soldiers handcuffed their sons, all aged 16-17.

“Kiss and hug your mother goodbye,” a Shabak agent told one boy. “You may never see her again.”

https://haresboys.wordpress.com/

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Neutronale wrote: »
    In the early hours of Friday 15 March 2013, masked Israeli soldiers, some with attack dogs, stormed the village of Hares, which is close to Road 5. More than 50 soldiers broke the doors of the villagers’ houses, demanding the whereabouts of their teenage sons. Ten boys were arrested that night, blindfolded, handcuffed, and transferred to an unknown location. The families were not informed of their sons’ alleged wrongdoings.

Two days later, a second wave of violent arrests took place. At around 3 o’clock in the morning, the Israeli army, accompanied by the Shabak (the Israeli secret service), entered the homes of 3 Palestinian adolescents. They had a piece of paper with their names in Hebrew. After forcing all the family members into one room, taking away their phones so that they wouldn’t call for help, and interrogating them, the soldiers handcuffed their sons, all aged 16-17.

“Kiss and hug your mother goodbye,” a Shabak agent told one boy. “You may never see her again.”

https://haresboys.wordpress.com/[/QUOTE]

And your point is..
    Israel = militaristic fascist bully boys?
    Palestinians = poor freedom fighters?

Not everybody agrees with your viewpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Neutronale

And your point is..
    Israel = militaristic fascist bully boys?
    Palestinians = poor freedom fighters?

Not everybody agrees with your viewpoint.

They are kids who should have their rights respected and shouldn't be mistreated, is that too hard for you to understand?

They are kids who should have their rights respected and shouldn't be mistreated, is that too hard for you to understand?

Please.
    The whole world doesn't operate on TCD Debating rules.

Would you prefer that the Israelis write registered letters to the parents asking if they could bring their "little treasures" in for a chat... at their convenience of course???

It would be nice if the world operated like that wouldn't it?

Please.
    The whole world doesn't operate on TCD Debating rules.

Would you prefer that the Israelis write registered letters to the parents asking if they could bring their "little treasures" in for a chat... at their convenience of course???

It would be nice if the world operated like that wouldn't it?

You're supporting the type of tactics used by the Nazis, it would be nice if you opposed such oppression.

You're supporting the type of tactics used by the Nazis, it would be nice if you opposed such oppression.

Is this a record for the earliest mention of the Nazis in a thread?

I'm not supporting anyone - what I'm doing is pointing out that "the little treasures" are probably not as perfect as you think, and that rules of engagement differ somewhat throughout the world.

There are two sides to every story and the Palestinians can be quite dirty with their tactics when the need arises also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

When nothing else works.........Godwins Law comes into play.

Is this a record for the earliest mention of the Nazis in a thread?

I'm not supporting anyone - what I'm doing is pointing out that "the little treasures" are probably not as perfect as you think, and that rules of engagement differ somewhat throughout the world.

There are two sides to every story and the Palestinians can be quite dirty with their tactics when the need arises also.

Minors in the Israeli Military Courts
    “The rights of Palestinian minors are flagrantly violated at every stage of the proceedings conducted against them, from the initial arrest and removal from their homes, through interrogation and trial, to serving the prison sentence, and then release […]

The amendments to the military legislation are marginal and have failed to bring about meaningful change in the military system’s treatment of minors.” B’Tselem

Ali's parents describe his forced confession...

http://youtu.be/MANc8H2Mk2U

Dogwatch wrote: »
    When nothing else works.........Godwins Law comes into play.

Honesty is the best policy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Theres two sides to the story here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/10023810/Hamas-teaches-Palestinian-schoolboys-how-to-fire-Kalashnikovs.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

tac foley wrote: »
    U
    I'd start worrying about where Israel is going on the day I read about an Israeli schoolkid getting on a Palestinian school bus and blowing it up.

Surely the Israelis have F-15s and cluster/phosphorus bombs for that sort of thing? :confused:

I'm still waiting to hear about Israel bombing a Palestinian school bus with anything, let alone an F-15 with CBUs.

Anyway, as a Jew I'm way to near to this thread to take an impartial overview, so I'll let you all get on with it.

I won't even mention the links between Hamas, other Islamic radical terrorist groups and Irishmen, if you won't.

tac

Well you clearly don't understand the basic rules of discourse when Irish people discuss the whole Israeli/Palestine/Arab issue. If you are an Israeli or a diaspora Zionist or a Palestinian or Pan Arabist these discussions are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. This is OUR vicarious little squabble and you have no place in it.

Surely there must be forum rules about this sort of thing :)

And on a slightly serious note, there was a time when rebel Irishmen and zionists were a lot closer than they are now. But then history has always been full of ironies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

I'm one of the rarities - an Irish Jew. Well, a HALF-Irish Jew.

Since you've shown me that, in the opinion of some here, anybody who sides with Israel is supporting a régime of child-massacring mass-murderers, and that any attempt to put over another, less-biased, point of view is wasted and none of my business, I'll leave you all to it.

tac

Hamas teaches Palestinian schoolboys how to fire Kalashnikovs
    Palestinian schoolboys are learning how to fire Kalashnikovs, throw grenades and plant improvised explosive devices as part of a programme run by Hamas's education ministry.

The Torygraph comic :rolleyes:

The brits teach their kids to be killers as well...

queen_1595113c.jpg

I'm one of the rarities - an Irish Jew. Well, a HALF-Irish Jew.

Irish Jews are an extraordinary breed. Never more than about 5,000 of them at any one time, according to census data, but in the 20th century they produced two lord mayors of Dublin, one Lord Mayor of Cork, four members of the Irish parliament (including at least one cabinet minister), several chairmen of the Irish stock exchange, at least one rugby international.

Oh and a president of Israel.

But then you probably knew all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

The Torygraph comic :rolleyes:

The brits teach their kids to be killers as well...

queen_1595113c.jpg

Its a difference from learning military discipline, and jumping on a schoolbus and blow your self and the bus up.

Should the Israelis only leave kids on buses if they have a season pass...or at least a return ticket?

Anyone looking for a one way ticket -dodgy, very dodgy!!!

Its a difference from learning military discipline, and jumping on a schoolbus and blow your self and the bus up.

Ha, so when its your enemy you say they are 'teaching kids to kill' and when its your own crowd its 'teaching military discipline' - pull the other one.

Blowing up buses is just a tactic, when you dont have F16s you employ other tactics.

Should the Israelis only leave kids on buses if they have a season pass...or at least a return ticket?

Anyone looking for a one way ticket -dodgy, very dodgy!!!

There havent been suicide bombings in Palestine/Israel for years.

• Advertisement

Congratulations, Mr Neutronale.

You have now joined a couple of your like-minded pals on my ignore list.

'bye.

tac

Irish Jews are an extraordinary breed. Never more than about 5,000 of them at any one time, according to census data, but in the 20th century they produced two lord mayors of Dublin, one Lord Mayor of Cork, four members of the Irish parliament (including at least one cabinet minister), several chairmen of the Irish stock exchange, at least one rugby international.

I did.

tac

Congratulations, Mr Neutronale.

You have now joined a couple of your like-minded pals on my ignore list.

'bye.

tac

Lol, I accept your invitation with gratitude...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's called infiltration. Something Jews have been doing for centuries.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

OK, this thread is of very limited military interest, and the OP is slightly lacking in discourse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement