Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accommodation in, around, and near Mary I

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Hey so now I've accepted the offer, what's the story with accommodation? I've paid a deposit on Ashdown but now what? Will they be notified by Mary I or what will happen?

Mary I don't have anything to do with Ashdown. Get on to Ashdown re moving in dates and further fees!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭stall_the_ball

taylormoon wrote: »
    What are people's feedback on City Campus? I'd like to know what students views are before I / if I book it :)

I lived in city campus last year and I loved it. They are all 4 bed apartments with 2 bathrooms. It's a bit of a trek to college alright especially on wet mornings, but you get over that. It's a fantastic place to get to know people! Brilliant for parties too :P
    How strict is City Campus? In regards to parties and even having a visitor from outside, don't want it to be completely mad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28 taylormoon

How strict is City Campus? In regards to parties and even having a visitor from outside, don't want it to be completely mad :P

Erm not really strict at all. Well, the first few weeks they were pretty strict and broke up parties, but they just head to a different apartment then. There's no rules on having visitors to stay, you can have anyone over. Once they don't cause complete chaos :P Security come up and kick parties out once it hits half 10/11ish..but it can get kinda noisy when people come back. It's not too bad though :)

Erm not really strict at all. Well, the first few weeks they were pretty strict and broke up parties, but they just head to a different apartment then. There's no rules on having visitors to stay, you can have anyone over. Once they don't cause complete chaos :P Security come up and kick parties out once it hits half 10/11ish..but it can get kinda noisy when people come back. It's not too bad though :)

Would you recommend City Campus? I had to choose it as everywhere else was booked out in June :( I saw a post earlier saying it was in a slightly worse area than the other student villages and that worried me slightly..

Also, I've heard from a few people that Mary I is very intensive and many find it a struggle to keep on top of the work, I know it may be different this year with the four year B.ED but does this leave much time for the parties you mentioned? :P

I hope to be able to work well as well as enjoy college so I hope City Campus won't be totally unsuitable! Sorry if this post is all over the place, I just don't know what to expect :P Thanks :)

I hope to be able to work well as well as enjoy college so I hope City Campus won't be totally unsuitable! Sorry if this post is all over the place, I just don't know what to expect :P Thanks :)

Hundreds of Mary I students live in City Campus and get on really well every day. Some of the most studious people I knew lived there, and some of the best party goers too, as well as people who were both ;)

I think you're overthinking it :)

• Advertisement

dambarude wrote: »
    Hundreds of Mary I students live in City Campus and get on really well every day. Some of the most studious people I knew lived there, and some of the best party goers too, as well as people who were both ;)

I think you're overthinking it :)

Thanks! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Stayed in the res-block in the 80s!!Made friends I still have to this day. The other best parts were it was warm and dry, handy for college and the baths on the (I think 3rd floor) were like swimming pools and loads of hot water.
    Downside is that the rooms are small and you are a little restricted-no males etc.

Downside is that the rooms are small and you are a little restricted-no males etc.
    That doesn't stop some people from sneaking them in!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

That doesn't stop some people from sneaking them in!

Surely that would never happen! ;):D

... >_> ... <_< ...

Would you recommend City Campus? I had to choose it as everywhere else was booked out in June :( I saw a post earlier saying it was in a slightly worse area than the other student villages and that worried me slightly..

Also, I've heard from a few people that Mary I is very intensive and many find it a struggle to keep on top of the work, I know it may be different this year with the four year B.ED but does this leave much time for the parties you mentioned? :P

I would definitely recommend it. I really enjoyed living there, and I'd be a worker and a partier! You will be grand there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 stressedleaver

ANy more firsties going to city campus? :) when is everyone moving in? :) SO EXCITED!!!!

ANy more firsties going to city campus? :) when is everyone moving in? :) SO EXCITED!!!!

I'm not sure yet, with Or. on the 5th and 6th I'll stay Tuesday until Friday tho, go home and head back Sunday night for my first full week! :D

Not sure when I'll move in, kinda awkward for me that it has to be Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 but I'll manage!

What about you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chrisby

Hey everyone me and a friend of mine have looked into to getting a house its a nice place really cheap and near the college, we are both going into second year but will take people from any year please PM if you are interested and i will reply as soon as possible

Mod note: Do not post email addresses

If you stayed in City Campus last year they have reduced rates for 2nd and 3rd year students

An awful lot of people live in City Campus. It's about a 20 minute walk as far as I know. You'd see streams of people moving between CC and the college on the hour, coming and going for lectures. It involves apartments with 3/4 bedrooms and shared bathrooms. Most people I know who lived there liked it, but it wouldn't be as convenient as the likes of Ashdown. It's very close to the bus/train station though, which is a consolation.

Walking the route from City Campus to Mary I yesterday. It is a 10-12 minute easy walk. The apartments are 4 bedroom and 2 bathrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 stressedleaver

I'm not sure yet, with Or. on the 5th and 6th I'll stay Tuesday until Friday tho, go home and head back Sunday night for my first full week! :D

Not sure when I'll move in, kinda awkward for me that it has to be Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 but I'll manage!

What about you? :)

Im gonna go the 29th or 30th maybe :/ I dont know limerick at all and wana get to know the city a bit :D im so excited to move! Gonna be such an experience! which course are you doing?

City Campus
    Privately owned
    For: Males and Females
    Where: 15 minutes from college
    Description: Apartments with individual/twin rooms, and kitchen/living/bathroom area shared between those in your apartment. 3-4 per apartment usually.
    ---
    Hi I walked from City Campus to Mary I yesterday and it took me only 10 minutes, so I would think 10 to 12 minutes walk would be correct. The apartments are all 4 bedroom with 2 bathrooms. There are no twin rooms.

chrisby wrote: »
    City Campus
    Privately owned
    For: Males and Females
    Where: 15 minutes from college
    Description: Apartments with individual/twin rooms, and kitchen/living/bathroom area shared between those in your apartment. 3-4 per apartment usually.
    ---
    Hi I walked from City Campus to Mary I yesterday and it took me only 10 minutes, so I would think 10 to 12 minutes walk would be correct. The apartments are all 4 bedroom with 2 bathrooms. There are no twin rooms.

I can rectify the twin rooms bit, but could somebody please corroborate how long it takes to walk to City Campus? I would have thought that you'd have to be going at a VERY fast pace to get there in 10 minutes.

I wasn't walking very fast so that is why I said 10-12 minutes. There was actually another girl there signing up who said it took her 12 minutes but I didn't get her name just that she was from Cork.

Ok, will edit that now.

Changed my mind again - I've been told that 15 minutes is a more realistic figure.

Im gonna go the 29th or 30th maybe :/ I dont know limerick at all and wana get to know the city a bit :D im so excited to move! Gonna be such an experience! which course are you doing?
    I'm doing the B.ed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Another first year here! Would they ever put males and females in the same apartment?

Another first year here! Would they ever put males and females in the same apartment?

Last year it was mainly all female and all male apartments, but there were a few mixed! If you request to be living with a certainly person you will definitely be put in with them.

Would love to chat with some students who stayed in City Campus. If you know any that were there 2011/2012 could you put them in contact with me

Slightly off topic but does anyone have an e-mail address for City Campus, just want to inquire as to what I need to supply myself, bed clothes, hangers, towels etc. Or even if anyone else knows anything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Slightly off topic but does anyone have an e-mail address for City Campus, just want to inquire as to what I need to supply myself, bed clothes, hangers, towels etc. Or even if anyone else knows anything :)

I'm going to be staying in Ashdown so I can't help you out too much but have you checked their website? :)

Here:
    This looks like something that could help you out :)
    http://www.citycampus.ie/inquiry.htm

You need bed clothes and towels! There's a few hangers in the wardrobe, not many... The kitchen has everything! Except a toaster :P

You need bed clothes and towels! There's a few hangers in the wardrobe, not many... The kitchen has everything! Except a toaster :P

Go raibh míle! Duvet and pillows as well?

Go raibh míle! Duvet and pillows as well?

Ya you need duvet and pillows, the room has the bed but nothing on it! It has a desk, desk lamp, chair, wardrobe and bedside table too

Think it's info@premierestates.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

TheComeUp wrote: »

I'm going to be staying in Ashdown so I can't help you out too much but have you checked their website? :)

Here:
    This looks like something that could help you out :)
    http://www.citycampus.ie/inquiry.htm
    me too for ashdown its so close!

Advertisement