Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Australia and tattoos

• 06-01-2012 6:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Whats the story with lads when they move down there, the hair gets bleached, pumping iron, next tattoos....acting all like they're the coolest fcukers ever, when infact they were nerds at home!!!:rolleyes:

I know about 6 lads like this, Aussies must be laughing their holes off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Jealous much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Be happy for them, living the life in Australia while you are still here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

What do you expect? Anyone from Ireland who goes to Australia is an unimaginative tool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Doom wrote: »
    Whats the story with lads when they move down there, the hair gets bleached, pumping iron, next tattoos....acting all like they're the coolest fcukers ever, when infact they were nerds at home!!!:rolleyes:

Probably because they're not being judged by people like you and can actually do what they want without being laughed at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Probably because they're not being judged by people like you and can actually do what they want without being laughed at.

I bet you're one of them.....go on admit it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Snap!

/thread!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ahhh, the lads that go to Sydney, drink Magners in O'Neil's in Kings Cross every weekend till they pass out for 11 months, then go to the Whit Islands for a month, come home to mammy for Christmas and go on about how they can't wait to go back to Oz

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭IrishJack89

Ya they annoy me too but I'm just a jealous bast to be honest..! Would love to be down there!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I went there for a month's holiday once, I would love to head down there for an extended period of time, it really is a great country, it has a lot going for it, some of the Irish that go down there are more interested in just drinking in Irish bars

Clareman wrote: »
    Ahhh, the lads that go to Sydney, drink Magners in O'Neil's in Kings Cross every weekend till they pass out for 11 months, then go to the Whit Islands for a month, come home to mammy for Christmas and go on about how they can't wait to go back to Oz
    I went there for a month's holiday once, I would love to head down there for an extended period of time, it really is a great country, it has a lot going for it, some of the Irish that go down there are more interested in just drinking in Irish bars

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

People have some cheek not conforming to your preordained stereotypes. follow them over and give em a beating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

markesmith wrote: »
    What do you expect? Anyone from Ireland who goes to Australia is an unimaginative tool
    not all of them. some can earn alot over there but might not have a great lifestyle. some have a drinking lifestyle with all their Irish pals.

I'd say they have more imagination than someone who stays in Ireland with no job and spends all their time online and watching tv.

its also a great base if you want to do some travelling in Asia. work in Australia for a few months, go travelling, go back and work some more, travel..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

They pass out for 11 months??? :eek:

That's a waste of their year down there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Do the toilets really flush backwards in Australia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ThePower11

It would be great if people who were in Australia didn't come home and go on about it for the next 6 months.

I don't give a fuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Small minded crappy bog hole...I doubt they miss it much, I'm sure they are the ones laughing...At people like you.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I do my best to avoid them at Christmas, painful to listen to them.
    Oz is a nice but do I need to hear about it for two fcuking weeks solid....no

I did the whole year thing. It was over ten years ago now. I have no intention of ever returning and only spent two weeks in Sydney.

But.....It was the best craic ever. One of the most fun and wreakless years of my life. PM for a link to my blog where I retell it in every detail :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ThePower11

But.....It was the best craic ever. One of the most fun and wreakless years of my life. PM for a link to my blog where I retell it in every detail :D.
    No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I do my best to avoid them at Christmas, painful to listen to them.
    Oz is a nice but do I need to hear about it for two fcuking weeks solid....no

I'm glad you're not one of my friends, you sound like an awful miserable stereotype of Irish begrudgery.

Maybe the lads you are decrying have moved on from caring what the petty misery guts back home think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Don't forget about the beads. Nothing says 'ive been travelling' more then those gammy beads.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

The OP makes some fair points, all be it completely and unnecessarily rudely.

But I mean this from the bottom of my cold and lonely heart, who gives a **** what anybody else does ?

It is true that many Irish travel to Australia. It is true that their perspective on life may change and it is true that they might feel comfortable enough to change their appearance in a way which they would quite likely, or at the very least quite possibly, be judged on had they done the same here. We are all imperfect. We all have dreams. We all have hardships. Let us not cruelly generalise our fellow man.

Peace to all humans, animals and inanimate objects.

ThePower11 wrote: »
    No thanks.

PM sent ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Probably had the tattoos all along but with our lovely weather they where just covered up. Or maybe Australia isn't arseways about people having tattoos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I did the whole year thing. It was over ten years ago now. I have no intention of ever returning and only spent two weeks in Sydney.

Q: How do you know if somebody's been to Australia?

A: They fcukin tell you.

On a completely unrelated point, when I was in Australia :p, I noticed the Irish eejits in Sydney, aswell as the English and Aussies. When you get a large number of any nationality the fools tend to make themselves known.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Probably had the tattoos all along but with our lovely weather they where just covered up. Or maybe Australia isn't arseways about people having tattoos

No, it's not arseways for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Place is too damn hot. For that reason alone I couldn't live there. Could go to Canada I suppose, but Canada is too damn cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Q: How do you know if somebody's been to Australia?

A: They fcukin tell you.

On a completely unrelated point, when I was in Australia :p, I noticed the Irish eejits in Sydney, aswell as the English and Aussies. When you get a large number of any nationality the fools tend to make themselves known.

Not to mention the amount of Australians. Place is full of them...

Just call them convicts, they love that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

kowloon wrote: »
    Place is too damn hot. For that reason alone I couldn't live there. Could go to Canada I suppose, but Canada is too damn cold.

Is the temperature in Ireland just right for you then Goldlilocks?

Advertisement