Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6 Phoenix Park Concerts 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

think thats a typo... i'd imagine its the ORB's on at 16:15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Has anybody got any idea what time Snoop will be on because I'm not pushed on the acts before him?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Has anybody got any idea what time Snoop will be on because I'm not pushed on the acts before him?

Id say about 6.30/7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

What kind of attire should a man wear going to this?

Will there be sh1t everywhere. Would there be need for the wellies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

calvin harris then original rude boys ??? thats going to "wreck the buzz" hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chelliebabie

Hey Guys,

Anyone know what time the concert is over at??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

pistonsvox wrote: »
    doubt it, Calvin Harris in playing T in the Park that night. probably playing first then getting straight on the plane over to Scotland...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

doubt it, Calvin Harris in playing T in the Park that night. probably playing first then getting straight on the plane over to Scotland...

Got an email saying CH is on at 4.15. What bullsht! Gates only open at 4. And to go from CH to ORB??! Talk about bringing down the buzz

Edit: checked T in the Park. CH is Sat, TT is on Fri. Hope It goes ORB, TT, CH. but no chance really

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Linoge wrote: »
    Got an email saying CH is on at 4.15. What bullsht! Gates only open at 4. And to go from CH to ORB??! Talk about bringing down the buzz

Yea seems Calvin is doing TITP and PP in one day so thats why he is on early .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It seems Calvin is definitely on first, which is disappointing. It'll probably go (in order of first to last):

Calvin Harris
    ORB
    Snoop
    Tinie
    SHM

I'd much rather Snoop playing just behind SHM though, but the above is how I think it will pan out.

Anyone care to make an educated guess on how long each will play for?

Hopefully it will be a decent day weather-wise at least. Would make for a good atmosphere :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

djPSB wrote: »
    What kind of attire should a man wear going to this?

Will there be sh1t everywhere. Would there be need for the wellies.

Seems like wellies are going to be a must! The park gets really mucky at the best of times and all this rain we're getting certainly doesn't help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Those times are an hour behind though, gates open at 4pm. Apart from that they seem about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

16:00 – Gates Open
    16:30 – The Original Rudeboys
    17:15 – Calvin Harris
    18:20 – Snoop Dogg
    19:30 – Tinie Tempah
    21:00 - Swedish House Mafia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Where would a man buy a pair of wellies!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    seeing as musicscene had the wrong times for the Stone Roses, and had the wrong times for the SHM gig earlier, and still have ORB on first when according to ticketmaster it's Calvin Harris, i'd say they're just pulling times out of their arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

https://www.facebook.com/mcd.productions

cover photo says calvin harris 16:15....balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

Does anyone know if calvin harris is doing a dj set or is singing etc.??

Such a **** up with him on so early.Will be a pain in arse going to see calvin harris so early and in the day.

pistonsvox wrote: »

I cant imagine them making that bad a typo.I fhte ORB were on first I would stay outside or go to the pub for a few before going on.But i dont fancy rushing into see calvin for 4 o clock with no drink.

Does anyone know if the 'bar' that they mention will actually be a bar and see a few diff drinks and the drinks be actually reasonable(five a pint?) or will it be like oxegen wheere all you could get was like 6 euro pints of heineken?

And about sneaking drink in.I wonder how strict it will be.At some concerts they would check a bag if you had one but wudnt check your pocket while at oxegen you were checked heavily at times and sometimes not at all.

Anymore tips on sneaking drink in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭bren2001

peterc1991 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if calvin harris is doing a dj set or is singing etc.??

Such a **** up with him on so early.Will be a pain in arse going to see calvin harris so early and in the day.

DJ set, he stopped singing a long long time ago.

Does anyone know if the 'bar' that they mention will actually be a bar and see a few diff drinks and the drinks be actually reasonable(five a pint?) or will it be like oxegen wheere all you could get was like 6 euro pints of heineken?

It will be one beer, they may have a cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Best off going for a few drinks around midday, should be a good atmosphere around the place (depending on the weather I suppose) and it makes you feel less pissed off about paying €5 + for a pint of slop at the gig :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I cant imagine them making that bad a typo.I fhte ORB were on first I would stay outside or go to the pub for a few before going on.But i dont fancy rushing into see calvin for 4 o clock with no drink.

And about sneaking drink in.I wonder how strict it will be.At some concerts they would check a bag if you had one but wudnt check your pocket while at oxegen you were checked heavily at times and sometimes not at all.

Anymore tips on sneaking drink in?

Beer cider and wine.

bring bottle caps as theyll be taken off you if you buy water. something strapped to your leg works best! the tiny little bottles off planes are great if you have a few. I have stuff hidden maybe in 3 places, prepared to sacrifice one-they find one, think theyve got ye and away ye go

df1985 wrote: »
    Beer cider and wine.

bring bottle caps as theyll be taken off you if you buy water. something strapped to your leg works best! the tiny little bottles off planes are great if you have a few. I have stuff hidden maybe in 3 places, prepared to sacrifice one-they find one, think theyve got ye and away ye go

Great idea that.Might rob like a nearly empty nagin from a bin or on the ground or something and stick it in my pocket.They will find that and then just tell me to go on

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cblack18

Im going to swedish, and desperately want pit passes!
    it says you can't queue till three... though im guessing people will be around drinking at midday?
    also what entrance end would be nearest the stage? ...very unfamiliar with phoenix park!
    any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

380607_10151885827160131_1666956559_n.jpg

Apparently this is the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jpkelly294

anyone no the best way to get there from blessington street is there a bus i cant wait for it gonna be a laugh shame about the booze though i dont get why they wont alow u in with ur own beer like if theres a limit on it 6 cans per person or sumthin it will save the clean up an people drinkin in public fck that 5 or 6 euro a go for a pint of pure muck in plastic cup lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

jpkelly294 wrote: »
    anyone no the best way to get there from blessington street is there a bus i cant wait for it gonna be a laugh shame about the booze though i dont get why they wont alow u in with ur own beer like if theres a limit on it 6 cans per person or sumthin it will save the clean up an people drinkin in public fck that 5 or 6 euro a go for a pint of pure muck in plastic cup lol

Long gone are the days ya could take yer own booze inside in a plastic container, the beer companies pay BIG money to sell there products at a big gig, all that would stop if you were allowed to bring in yer own

• Registered Users Posts: 37,759 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

frantic190 wrote: »
    380607_10151885827160131_1666956559_n.jpg

Apparently this is the stage.

Very similar to the stage they used in Croke Park for Westlife and RHCP. Would not be suprised if its the same stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 jpkelly294

scudzilla wrote: »
    Long gone are the days ya could take yer own booze inside in a plastic container, the beer companies pay BIG money to sell there products at a big gig, all that would stop if you were allowed to bring in yer own

shame though ah well plenty of cans for the long walk up to the gig lol

Advertisement