Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

ooh, i nearly panicked when i saw the old thread gone lol

so my date on sat went really well, another one is in the making..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

COYW wrote: »
    I joined one 2 weeks ago and left after 1 week because of women just like that. You take time to read their profile, put together a message about yourself and all you get back is some ridiculous 1 liner.

You lasted a week! :rolleyes:
    1 liner = not interested move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

zuroph wrote: »
    Seen each other 4 days in a row now, think ill be deleting the profile soon!
    Not jealous at all... :p

aww, i think it may be a done deal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

Met a girl from POF on Sunday night and she is perfect! The only problem is the distance but I don't mind driving to see her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Not getting any replies, not sure what I'm doing wrong. I think the messages I send are OK but maybe its my profile that's my downfall. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

How long should you chat to someone online before meeting up? Going to quickly and it can seem like you're desperate and to slowly it'll just fizzle out. So what would be the best time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

finipops wrote: »
    How long should you chat to someone online before meeting up? Going to quickly and it can seem like you're desperate and to slowly it'll just fizzle out. So what would be the best time?

Anymore than 2 weeks and I begin to lose interest with each day passing.The last two that I've met have both been within 3 days,which is ideal but I can understand how some may think that's too soon.

El_Drago wrote: »
    Anymore than 2 weeks and I begin to lose interest with each day passing.The last two that I've met have both been within 3 days,which is ideal but I can understand how some may think that's too soon.

Yeah have to agree - if you want to meet them then organise it. Nothing worse than conversation dragging on and on. Snooze you lose! :D

Bobby42 wrote: »
    Not getting any replies, not sure what I'm doing wrong. I think the messages I send are OK but maybe its my profile that's my downfall. :(

Have you got pics up?
    Get someone on here to review it for you - noone has any problem doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

gotta strike before you run out of things to say or before someone else swoops in! 4/5 emails each and then i'd bring it up. nothing worse than having the conversation peter out with someone great and you just know you missed your chance. remember that they're there for the same reason you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

uglyjohn wrote: »

gotta strike before you run out of things to say or before someone else swoops in! 4/5 emails each and then i'd bring it up. nothing worse than having the conversation peter out with someone great and you just know you missed your chance. remember that they're there for the same reason you are.

Or before the person meets someone else! I had been messaging a really nice guy for ages and we couldn't meet for a few reasons and them I started seeing a guy so we never got a date... Gotta get in quick while the interest is there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

Pembily wrote: »
    Gotta get in quick while the interest is there!

i def agree!
    if you leave it go too long, someone cud nab them or the conversations cud dry out. i was chatting to my date a week when he asked me out..but because we both had things on it was another 2 weeks before we met.. you wouldn't want to leave it any longer than that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Rejigged the ol POF profile, changed a few pictures. Getting a bit of attention now :). I'll bask in my 15mins of fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

zuroph wrote: »
    Seen each other 4 days in a row now, think ill be deleting the profile soon!

Nice one zuroph.

I have to admit I haz a bit of a jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Oh loving the good date stories! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Maybe its something to do with the magic of Christmas?

:pac:

Magic my ass! :rolleyes:

Or are just desperate for a few more presents! :D

Although I do think people mellow a bit more around now..

You've got a magic ass?

What does it do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You've got a magic ass?

What does it do?

Talks like Eddie Murphy

Better than laughing like Eddie Murphy I guess.

• Advertisement

You've got a magic ass?

What does it do?
    Talks like Eddie Murphy

:cool:

You lads stil on the online dating scene??

Dipping in and out tbh,more just chatting to people than anything.Did have a date last week,bored to frickin tears I was.

Dipping in and out tbh,more just chatting to people than anything.Did have a date last week,bored to frickin tears I was.

Oh no!

Here's a question - how do you end a bad date? or do people just stick them out??

I had a breakfast meeting at 8 the next morning.

>.>

I had a breakfast meeting at 8 the next morning.

>.>

after how many drinks?

3 pints in about an hour and a half.

She was nice and all that but we just had nothing to say to eachother.She was a couple of years older than me so maybe that was it.We had been chatting for a couple of weeks online and she suggested meeting up.I wasnt really feeling the chat anyway but decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Ah well,nothing ventured and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Next time you have a bad date Otis, you should show her beer cat. :pac:

Beer cat is a special occasion cat.

Beer dog made an appearance Saturday night in the 12th pub of my 12 pubs.

My mate's band were playing and I kept barking at him,poor hoor trying not to laugh.

I suck as a friend.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Larianne wrote: »
    Oh loving the good date stories! :)

Well I don't know if it's the magic of Christmas or something else, but I had the most amazingest perfectest funnest date EVER Saturday night! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My current headline on my profile is "Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle"

Half thinking of changing it to "Just sticking my rod out there" :pac:

EDIT: Changed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement