Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Is it just me or is 11/2 (PP) very generous for Gaitán anytime scorer. 2 in last 3. €20 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

seanhynes wrote: »
    Italian referee in charge of Chelsea Benfica tonight has a recent form in being a stern bugger http://www.soccerway.com/referees/paolo-tagliavento/44756/ goina chance over 4.5 cards in that one and no card before 28th min in APOEL v Madrid game. Brych German referee who likes to take his time dishing them out is in charge of that one

Looks good, gonna follow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gone for this

Real Madrid @ 10/11 -3
    Apoel Nicosia v Real Madrid
    Corner Handicap
    Total stake € 20.00
    Estimated return € 38.18

My thinking is Apoel will have 11 men behind the ball so they'll really try to frustrate Madrid

I also think Ramos is worth a stake on anytime scorer since he's really dangerous at the corners

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Leicester v Nottm Forest
    Peterborough v West Ham
    Ipswich v Middlesbrough

All to score @4.65

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Went for a double of -

Real Madrid HT/FT
    Over 40 points in Everton/Sunderland

Comes in at around 6/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Few euro on Ramos anytime and Spurs double.

Looks good, gonna follow :p

Bingo.. Won back the 30 I lost last night on Rooney, great pick seanhynes! Good start to the night! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Should have done better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I thought I had taken Bolton +1 (HT)

Turns out it's +1 FT.

Headshot wrote: »
    Gone for this

Real Madrid @ 10/11 -3
    Apoel Nicosia v Real Madrid
    Corner Handicap
    Total stake € 20.00
    Estimated return € 38.18

My thinking is Apoel will have 11 men behind the ball so they'll really try to frustrate Madrid

I also think Ramos is worth a stake on anytime scorer since he's really dangerous at the corners

ffs ****ing robbed I was, ****ing robbed

Refs and corner flag screwed me over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Sigh Utd just didn't turn up tonight, 2 many attacks broken down by being too casual in the box.
    Anyways 2mrw
    Real -1. havnt checked any stats, and I know Real have been winning away games only by the odd goal in the league, but surely madrid should be way too good 4 these

Sunderland let me down in my treble and benfica let me down in a double but I'd a nice single on this. soft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Gone for under 2.5 goals and cards in the Spurs game and over 3.5 cards in the Sunderland game....treble works out at 8/1.

**** ya Davies ya fat bollox.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

accum:
    Man Utd
    Braga
    Skenderbeu
    Under 3.5 in APOEL v Real Madrid
    @ 2.39

Get in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Like the look of Real Madrid to win to nil at 5/6 with PP,think it's safer than the handicap market although i'd fancy Madrid to win 2 or 3 nil. Madrid are a different class to the teams Apoel have faced so far this season,they've done exceptionally well so far but this is just a step too far.

Should have just stuck to this initial thought & lumped on it,feck it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

useurename wrote: »
    real madrid -1 at 5/6.

Only got 8/11 in the shop today.They took there time to get the goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Two small single wincasts for the night and a double @ 7/1

Benzema wincast @ 11/10
    Cardozo wincast @ 3/1

no profit! chelsea looked solid tonight, cardozo fluffed his chance in the first half although it wasn't a clear cut one!

Bommel to be booked tomorrow seems a good bet

Nacional De Montevideo v Alianza Lima -1 Nacional 20/23
    Universidad De Chile v Penarol over 2.5 goals 8/13

double

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

where can u get odds for this?

No, no, no.

Van Bommel is suspended for the game and Ambrosini will play in his place. Milan are missing several key players and with the depleted squad they'll be under even heavier pressure from the Barca attack. Ambrosini is just back from european suspension and won't play the next game anyway cause Van Bommel will be back.

If you're going to bet on someone to be booked, bet on Ambrosini. Van Bommel is definitely out.

• Advertisement

No, no, no.

Van Bommel is suspended for the game and Ambrosini will play in his place. Milan are missing several key players and with the depleted squad they'll be under even heavier pressure from the Barca attack. Ambrosini is just back from european suspension and won't play the next game anyway cause Van Bommel will be back.

If you're going to bet on someone to be booked, bet on Ambrosini. Van Bommel is definitely out.

thanks man. Ambrosini is probably worse than Bommel so that is a nice bet

@seanhynes. Ill be ringing boyles tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

BQQ wrote: »
    Sunderland vs Everton should be a fiery encounter.
    I like over 40 pts @11/4. Cattermole is back for Sunderland, so thats 10 pts already :D

Lee didn't let me down :p
    8 yellows. Raging I didn't go higher now.

thanks man. Ambrosini is probably worse than Bommel so that is a nice bet

@seanhynes. Ill be ringing boyles tomorrow

No problem. Should be a few bookings tomorrow, Bonera is another player who will likely play at right back for Milan, out of position, and just isn't up to the standard for this level. I'm waiting for the line-up before touching on him but ambro will definitely play and he's a serious liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

Just looking at some stats for the Marseille game 2mor.Marseille haven't won in 8 games.They are now 9th in ligue 1.Seven of those games were losses.That is horriffic form.They will obviously raise there game for the CL but they are facing a team on fire at the moment.Bayern are free scoring in there last few games.10/11 for the straight win and -1 at 12/5.

Any thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Just won 110 on pp special chels tottenham and teal to win 9/2 down in attachments

Just wondering whether to put that on a barca - bayern double as odds look very good considering the teams , returns just over 360.

Bayern @ 10/11 stand out to me. Marseille look poor and I'd be confident Bayern can put them to the sword. Not risking a handicap bet though until I see the teams.

Chatbox - If you mean Barca and Bayern I wouldn't underestimate Milan just yet. They're decimated by injuries but could spring a draw out of the box on the night depending on how they line up. I'd wait and see if Robinho and Nesta are fit before lumping on Barca,

Bayern @ 10/11 stand out to me. Marseille look poor and I'd be confident Bayern can put them to the sword. Not risking a handicap bet though until I see the teams.

Chatbox - If you mean Barca and Bayern I wouldn't underestimate Milan just yet. They're decimated by injuries but could spring a draw out of the box on the night depending on how they line up. I'd wait and see if Robinho and Nesta are fit before lumping on Barca,

But that's the thing , I can only see Ac getting a draw if anything out of it . They are 4/1 now . I'll think over it for a while longer.

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    But that's the thing , I can only see Ac getting a draw if anything out of it . They are 4/1 now . I'll think over it for a while longer.

Being a Milan fan and watching our injury count rise as the game grew closer I was beginning to think a 1 or 2 goal loss would be a good result as long as we scored.

Thiago Silva getting injured and being ruled out for a month at the weekend, while Xavi was rested, was the final straw and on saturday night I began thinking of the 10-2 aggregate score Barca racked up against Leverkusen in the last 16 and I feared for the worst.

Milan are missing several, Abate, Silva, Van Bommel, Cassano, Pato as well as several squad players such as flamini, merkel, strasser etc. and Nesta and Robinho aren't fully fit either. This combined with Boateng only coming back from injury at the weekend and I can see why Milan are 4/1 at home.

However, I've watched several interviews with players and Allegri over the last few days and there seems to be a real sense of confidence and optimism surrounding this game. Milan took Barca to the wire twice in the group stages and I feel they can pull something out of the bag again. If Allegri lines up right and Milan get a bit of luck, there could be an upset.

As a neutral I'd say Milan will struggle to score and will most definitely concede at least once. As a Milan fan I'd say Milan can pull something out of the bag if they play brilliantly and Allegri has inch-perfect tactics that the players follow to a tee. As a punter I'd say don't lump on Barcelona!

Just my (drawn out) two cents! :p

Double
    Gomez score and win and messi score and win

Single
    Messi hatrick

• Advertisement

Being a Milan fan and watching our injury count rise as the game grew closer I was beginning to think a 1 or 2 goal loss would be a good result as long as we scored.

Thiago Silva getting injured and being ruled out for a month at the weekend, while Xavi was rested, was the final straw and on saturday night I began thinking of the 10-2 aggregate score Barca racked up against Leverkusen in the last 16 and I feared for the worst.

Milan are missing several, Abate, Silva, Van Bommel, Cassano, Pato as well as several squad players such as flamini, merkel, strasser etc. and Nesta and Robinho aren't fully fit either. This combined with Boateng only coming back from injury at the weekend and I can see why Milan are 4/1 at home.

However, I've watched several interviews with players and Allegri over the last few days and there seems to be a real sense of confidence and optimism surrounding this game. Milan took Barca to the wire twice in the group stages and I feel they can pull something out of the bag again. If Allegri lines up right and Milan get a bit of luck, there could be an upset.

As a neutral I'd say Milan will struggle to score and will most definitely concede at least once. As a Milan fan I'd say Milan can pull something out of the bag if they play brilliantly and Allegri has inch-perfect tactics that the players follow to a tee. As a punter I'd say don't lump on Barcelona!

Just my (drawn out) two cents! :p

I am going to wait until 5 and see if pp put up a 3/1 powerplay on the double but I don't think milan are in the same form they were in at the start of the tournament .We'll see but 8/11 barca seems very good to me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement