Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redsn0w 0.9.3 to Enable Tethering

• 02-02-2010 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Redsn0w 0.9.3 has been released which now automatically allows you to enable tethering.

http://www.redmondpie.com/redsn0w-0.9.3-jailbreak-iphone-3.1.2-3g-3gs-to-enable-tethering/

"The best thing about redsn0w 0.9.3 is that it includes this tethering hack by default. You don’t have to do anything manually as you did earlier. Instructions for jailbreaking using redsn0w 0.9.3 are exactly similar to the last release i.e. version 0.9.2 which was released last week. Follow the complete step by step guide posted here to jailbreak your iPhone and iPod touch using redsn0w 0.9.3.

NOTE: Late models of iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 2G and iPod touch 3G are all restricted to “tethered” rebooting. That means you need to connect your device to a computer to complete the boot after a reset. Also, these devices cannot have custom logos."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭Elessar

Ah and here I was thinking it was an un-tethered jailbreak at last :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

i don't understand why it's so difficult to replace a boot.rom
    this is what casuing the delay with the full jailbrak on 3gs right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

is tethering ever going to be available legit any century soon ?????

I want it as a function but don't want to jail break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

is tethering ever going to be available legit any century soon ?????

I want it as a function but don't want to jail break.

Elvis ,
    How long is a piece of string ?????

Personally , I doubt it .
    I would say that the next major software release (4.0) will have even more loop holes closed , so it will get worse before it gets better ....Never say Never but !

A tethered jailbreak sounds worse than it is , some simple pointers and you should be fine :

a.)Do all App installations when near your P.C (nearly always the case , no change there )
    B.)ONLY do Cydia Installs or Apps when near a P.C ( mostly need reboot)
    c.)Buy a car charger
    d.)Always have your usb lead handy (charge from P.C)

Apart from that you would be surprised how little you turn your phone off .

M.

Advertisement