Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭legofsalmon07

zero19 wrote: »
    Yup EMS is what i always use, very good
    is that when you buy from uncompany because they said the only ship aeg by express mail and there is two ups and tnt. do EMS charge you any of does "procseing" charges
    or customs or vat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

doubletap wrote: »
    just talked to customs. said they seized the gas because they did not know what power (fps) of the gun that the gas is used for.

That doesn't make sense. Was there a gun in the package ? Or was it just gas you ordered ?

If it was just gas, they cant just seize something on the vague suspicion that it might be used to power a gun greater than 1 joule. Sounds like you were talking to someone who was just fobbing you off. How did the conversation end - are they going to release the gas ?

do they charge you any of does "procseing" charges
    or customs or vat

Just VAT, duty if applicable...and I think a token charge of a couple of Euro handling. Nowhere near the amount UPS would charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Shiva wrote: »
    That doesn't make sense. Was there a gun in the package ? Or was it just gas you ordered ?

If it was just gas, they cant just seize something on the vague suspicion that it might be used to power a gun greater than 1 joule. Sounds like you were talking to someone who was just fobbing you off. How did the conversation end - are they going to release the gas ?

agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭legofsalmon07

Just VAT, duty if applicable...and I think a token charge of a couple of Euro handling. Nowhere near the amount UPS would charge.
    i know you have experience shiva so how much roughly speaking vat +handling on a g spec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Ordered a KJ Works P226 Full metal GBB pistol from ehobbyasia.com on Tuesday, arrived on the Friday. $92 for the pistol plus $40 shipping, came to a very reasonable €91. Packaging was superb and they even threw in a nice Marui catalogue to keep me busy on the throne ;)

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭doubletap

Just 4 cans of Gas and a can of Silicon Oil, I think i might get them back, it seems to me that a lot of the customs officers ere on the side of seizing the stuff if they are not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

i know you have experience shiva so how much roughly speaking vat +handling on a g spec

it's roughly 25% of the declared value on the package, including shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭romperstomper

airsoft global: i ordered off 2 days ago. they took the money and lost the order. have emails from them saying sorry but system problem blah blah. looking like i'll have to file a dispute with paypal (which Never works [properly] to get my money back. wouldn't mind only went with them instead of my trusted uncompany cos of a recommendation in here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Done about 10+ orders with airsoftglobal and never had a problem myself always excellent service, i would say there telling the truth if they had a problem, can you just simple email them the items you had ordered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

airsoft global: i ordered off 2 days ago. they took the money and lost the order. have emails from them saying sorry but system problem blah blah. looking like I'll have to file a dispute with paypal (which Never works [properly] to get my money back. wouldn't mind only went with them instead of my trusted uncompany cos of a recommendation in here

ye I'd say there telling the truth and you'll have it fixed in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

How do they calculate their shipping?

I have a big order set up, but dont have a postage quote, do I have to hit checkout first, or does that order, then shipping is added.

I want to compare it to cobra, gunner etc.

global's shipping is the same as gunner and rsov, if you put your order in the cart and go forward you will get it, they always ship via fedex and i have always for my order within 3/4 days, even thought it says speedpost on the site.

Motosam wrote: »
    How do they calculate their shipping?

I have a big order set up, but dont have a postage quote, do I have to hit checkout first, or does that order, then shipping is added.

I want to compare it to cobra, gunner etc.

Go through the checkout process - it'll give you a shipping quote before you commit to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Go through the checkout process - it'll give you a shipping quote before you commit to buy.

wunderbar

ye I'd say there telling the truth and you'll have it fixed in no time

marc from airsoft global has repeatedly ignored my emails after answering the first one to say the system had a problem

marc from airsoft global has repeatedly ignored my emails after answering the first one to say the system had a problem

They're using a version of oSCommerce by the looks of it, and I know from experience it can be finicky with Paypal payments. If the user doesn't click the "Return to Merchant" button when they're done paying on Paypal, the retailer gets the funds, but isn't notified what you've bought. Sounds like that might be what's happened here.

He shouldn't be ignoring you though - send him a final email listing the items you bought, and tell him you want an acknowledgement that your order will be processed or you'll take it further.

cheers will try that

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Purchased fobus holster from Army tech Shop on ebay on 29/01/08 nothing for two weeks then answered my e mails sending holster again, 3 weeks later and still nothing.

Beast airsoft (N. Ireland) order two packs of fogtech 05/02/08 after two weeks no delivery. He resent them over 2 weeks ago and still nothing.

Approx €36 down sh1t like this would really annoy you. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

cpb wrote: »
    Purchased fobus holster from Army tech Shop on ebay on 29/01/08 nothing for two weeks then answered my e mails sending holster again, 3 weeks later and still nothing.

Beast airsoft (N. Ireland) order two packs of fogtech 05/02/08 after two weeks no delivery. He resent them over 2 weeks ago and still nothing.

Jezz thats a real bummer, would temp you not to purchase from e bay and so on..:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

iceage wrote: »
    Jezz thats a real bummer, would temp you not to purchase from e bay and so on..:(

Whatever about ebay - certainly not from those sellers:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Just received a woodland uniform and 9.6V 1500mAh firefox mini from ebaybanned, They took 11 days to arrive from date of ordering. The uniform was $59 usd shipped - dearer than ehobby (about $40 shipped I think), but the quality is so much better on the ebaybanned one - no comparison if fact.

Havent tried the battery yet but I'm sure it should be fine.. Overall, very happy. :)

+1.

just about to order off PV, are they on the level or what? how long til delivery? do their aegs come with that orange tip gack?

If there based in the us then yes they will be shipped with an orange tip (any airsoft device passing thought us customs in or out need to have one), this will be a replacement flash hider (the original one is normal shipped in the box) or the original flash hider is painted, also be aware trademarks depending on the model will be removed with tap/putty/dremmel.

If its http://www.pvairsoft.com/ then there based in HK so the trademark and orange tip issues will not apply,

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gonesharp

another great service from ehobby,m14 shipped friday ,hit ireland on monday ...........letter from customs today saying have to pay duty,bummer or what?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

cpb wrote: »

Good news the holster arrived today(38 days for delivery!!!) and Beast Airsoft will be giving me a refund today. :D Bad mood lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Pvairsoft are great, no they won't paint redtips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Any tried contacting/ordering from uncompany over the last week or so? Put an order in tuesday and havent heard a word yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭nutzbutz

kinkstr wrote: »
    Any tried contacting/ordering from uncompany over the last week or so? Put an order in tuesday and havent heard a word yet.
    i ordered my self on tuesday and got e-mail on thursday saying they will send on tracking info as soon as they ship..........

Advertisement