Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original cast of The Commitments 20th Anniversary Reunion Concerts

• 06-10-2010 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Just announced today (am at the press conference)

Andrew Strong, Robert Arkins, Angeline Ball, Bronagh Gallagher, Michael Aherne, Glen Hansard, Felim Gormley, Dave Finnegan, ken McCluskey and Diick Massey ... the Commitments ... are back.
    For the first time ever, the original cast of The Commitments will re-unite for a limited run of concerts in March 2011, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Ireland's favourite film.

This will ve the very first time the band will perform a full concert together!

The original cast of the Commitments will perform in 2011 in

• The Royal Theatre, Castlebar, Co Mayo on March 14
    • The INEC in Killarney, Co Kerry on March 15
    • The Odyssey, Belfast on March 17 and
    • The O2, Dublin on March 19

A donation will be made to the Irish Cancer Society for every ticket sold and the cast hope to raise over €30,000 for the charity.

The concerts will be full blown soul extravaganzas with songs from the movie and many added extras.

Tickets for all concerts will be priced from €55.80/€59.80 including Booking fee (£36/£40 inc Booking fee in Northern Ireland) and will go on sale Friday October 15th at 9am in usual Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.

Comments

• Belfast on Paddy's day! Interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Wilson Pickett better show up this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭miketv

I'm looking forward to this gig but I dont think The Point is the best venue and will they fill it?
    I would have though 2 nights in the Olympia or Vicar St would have been more apt.
    At least its on a Saturday (March 19th) so can get the movie and drinks in before the gig at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

miketv wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this gig but I dont think The Point is the best venue and will they fill it?
    I would have though 2 nights in the Olympia or Vicar St would have been more apt.
    At least its on a Saturday (March 19th) so can get the movie and drinks in before the gig at home.

I can't believe they're playing the O2, and for 60 quid!! I thought they were supposed to be a band for the working classes!
    I would have loved to have gone to this but not for that kind of money.

I can't believe they're playing the O2, and for 60 quid!! I thought they were supposed to be a band for the working classes!
    I would have loved to have gone to this but not for that kind of money.
    Yeah i forgot about the price, that does seem steep to me as well. Maybe this might be one of those gigs last minute get moved to the Olympia last minute, its hard to gage how popular they will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Considering that Belfast tickets are £40, the Dublin price is a rip off, its a brave decision to go for the 02 for this, will we see "unforseen circumstances"!!!

indiewindy wrote: »
    Considering that Belfast tickets are £40, the Dublin price is a rip off, its a brave decision to go for the 02 for this, will we see "unforseen circumstances"!!!
    40.00 GBP = 45.6297 EUR
    Thats shocking, €45 v €60 and the usual add ons for credit card etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Rayden Spoiled Frank

Maybe Wilson Pickett will turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Joey the Lips, Please Forgive My Daddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

nm wrote: »
    Maybe Wilson Pickett will turn up

Lol, I like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Mulan

The Lord sent me brother.

On a F***ing Suziki.

Just class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

miketv wrote: »
    40.00 GBP = 45.6297 EUR
    Thats shocking, €45 v €60 and the usual add ons for credit card etc.

that's the normal difference in priced between the Odyssey and the O2.....

to me it's far too expensive for what it is, I don't like the whole charity donation bit either as it's less than 5% of the Ticket prices (if they expect to sell out the O2..)
    I'd like to see it but can't see myself forking out that sort of cash for a covers band......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Darragh wrote: »
    to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Ireland's favourite film.
    Lol, why would you post that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Fuzzy wrote: »
    Lol, why would you post that?

It cant Irelands favourite film:eek:
    The Charity thing is also pathetic, they should give some of their own money rather than forcing the people who are paying serious money for a covers band

Advertisement