Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil War

• 19-10-2014 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm interested in picking up a few comics, but I'd like to pick-up some story arcs rather than just a random comic here and there. I've read that Civil War is the big one to read and was interested in pivking it up. I've found Civil War book 1 to 7 on Amazon and The Road To Civil War as well. Could anyone recommend any other books that might help tie in to this arc? I've seen Captain America Civil War and Wolverine Civil War as well.

Also if anyone could recommend any other good story arcs/collections to pick up I'd appreciate it. I've heard Planet Hulk is well worth picking up as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Most of the Books got a civil war tie in. Some have more to do with it than others.
    The Millar main story is okay. But has a lot of out of character actions from characters.
    There are a few trades to do with it

Here's a reading order if you want to get into it.
    http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-complete-marvel-reading-order-guide/guide-part-7-civil-war/

The biggest issue I had with Civil war is that Marvel didn't really explore the new Status quo! they had created before jumping into
    World war Hulk.
    I really like the concepts of registered hero's and the fallout it would have for Heros who wouldn't conform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Most of the Civil War tie-ins aren't worth your time, tbh. The Wolverine issues are great, as are ASM. Cap and Iron Man ones are decent too. The rest aren't worthwhile and I struggled through most of them. Planet Hulk is fantastic; miles better than Civil War imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

With only my tastes to go on:

Avengers: The Initiative (post-Civil War)
    Ellis's Thunderbolts run (post-Civil War)
    Waid's Daredevil run
    Superior Spider-Man
    Fraction's Hawkeye
    Bruces Jones's Hulk run
    Brubaker's Captain America run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

MarkHall wrote: »
    Most of the Books got a civil war tie in. Some have more to do with it than others.
    The Millar main story is okay. But has a lot of out of character actions from characters.
    There are a few trades to do with it

Here's a reading order if you want to get into it.
    http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-complete-marvel-reading-order-guide/guide-part-7-civil-war/

The biggest issue I had with Civil war is that Marvel didn't really explore the new Status quo! they had created before jumping into
    World war Hulk.
    I really like the concepts of registered hero's and the fallout it would have for Heros who wouldn't conform.

thanks for this weblink... I just finished civil war.. and was wondering where to go next.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That Civil War volume you mentioned just came through my door this morning from Amazon as part of my latest buy.

Seems to be a trend of certain spin-offs to read, but I'm probably just going to read this and see how it goes before looking into other Civil War stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

TheDoc wrote: »
    That Civil War volume you mentioned just came through my door this morning from Amazon as part of my latest buy.

Seems to be a trend of certain spin-offs to read, but I'm probably just going to read this and see how it goes before looking into other Civil War stories.

As said earlier. It's not bad. Just a shame they didn't do more with it. And the notion of registration just sort of went away. And no one is really held accountable for the bad that happens in the book.
    It just sort of goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just on Civil war. Easons in Liffey Valley seemed to get in a fresh batch of Civil War collections (the ones with 1-7 or w/e)

€17.99 Not as cheap as Amazon, but a reasonable price for the high street.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

MarkHall wrote: »
    As said earlier. It's not bad. Just a shame they didn't do more with it. And the notion of registration just sort of went away. And no one is really held accountable for the bad that happens in the book.
    It just sort of goes away.

Does it really go away though Stark loses his job as director of shield and Norman Osbourne takes over after Secret Invasion

Advertisement