Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TUF 20 - Pettis, Melendez, Aisling Daly **SPOILERS** **See Mod Note OP**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

great fight, thought she was going to give up the neck easily with all the hows the head talk but great fight back and great win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

B1Kbv3nIEAAZu-z.jpg

Great photo on the Ultimate Fighter's twitter page

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Any links lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Genuinely feel really bad for Melendez being 6 fights down, however that was a massive win for Aisling. Anyone else notice that they all call her Ashley?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The ref was wrong to stand then up from that position in the first imo. But Magana had no case to complain. She wasn't just about to attack an armbar, Aisling had already escaped the choke, and she still took the round. The stand up changed nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Mellor wrote: »
    The ref was wrong to stand then up from that position in the first imo. But Magana had no case to complain. She wasn't just about to attack an armbar, Aisling had already escaped the choke, and she still took the round. The stand up changed nothing.

Not to mention she had 2 more rounds to pick up a win. A bad standup but you're right, not something to whine about. Melendez wasn't happy with the whining from the looks of it.

Why would she be expected to be on or even near weight ten weeks in advance of a fight :confused:

For that exact reason, lol. Also, she's a professional athlete, so it should be a given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ref got her name wrong when he raised her hand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It was a bit of a weird stand up. I have to agree with Magana here. But she made too much of it afterwards and was making excuses. It's not as if the refs robbed her or anything. Ais had Magana's own arm to be wrapped around her head and beat her up with the spare hand. It's a pretty savage way to win a fight!

She not only won but was very very impressive in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The only thing I would say about the stand up is that it may have affected Magna's mentality because it was a different fight from there on.

Regardless, it's a great gutsy win for Ais.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    The only thing I would say about the stand up is that it may have affected Magna's mentality because it was a different fight from there on.

Regardless, it's a great gutsy win for Ais.

If that affected her mentality (which I don't think it did at all), she is very weak minded.

No love for Neil Seery in there!

I know Ais is SBG but they were making a big deal while watching the Dublin card about how the sport has grown in Ireland and then left out one of the Irish winners.

Gumbi wrote: »
    If that affected her mentality (which I don't think it did at all), she is very weak minded.

I would agree, and I'm not necessarily saying it did. But if it did then the poor stand up would have played a part in the fight, which it shouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

DrPhilG wrote: »
    No love for Neil Seery in there!

I know Ais is SBG but they were making a big deal while watching the Dublin card about how the sport has grown in Ireland and then left out one of the Irish winners.

Is there an underlying bitterness between Team Ryano and SBG? Can't help but feel there is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

What's the deal with Medical suspensions on The Ultimate Fighter? Do they even apply because the fights are essentially exhibition bouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

calex71 wrote: »
    Ref got her name wrong when he raised her hand :D

Came closer to saying it right than Dana and co. did at the start of TUF.

ps3man wrote: »
    Is there an underlying bitterness between Team Ryano and SBG? Can't help but feel there is

No idea, don't know the clubs.

I think it's more the fact that Conor is the golden goose and he'll fight for his teammates. I have heard Conor mention Seery and compliment him on his win that night. But of course he'll push his training partners hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Gumbi wrote: »
    For that exact reason, lol. Also, she's a professional athlete, so it should be a given.

What a dopey hypothesis, pretty much every fighter in the UFC puts on weight in between fights. A little extra weight on a 50kg woman will show up a lot more in Daley's case.

I've seen fighters put up photographs of the two teams training together before and I know Kavanagh and Ryan have a long association together so I doubt there's bitterness between them. I reckon she was just talking about her teammates specifically, no mention of Norman Parke either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

If anyone missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Did ye ever notice the ones like Angela who never shut up about how hard they had it and how tough they are and nothin or nobody is gonna stop them usually get there ass kicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

This was the one episode that they didn't show anything from the house, antics etc. It was all about the two fighters and aisling was more interesting. The obviously saved it for this episode and who knows could be building her from here. Great showing the dublin card too.

First time ive seen aisling fight but i was very impressed. Some really strange choices of goijg for the back i thought but it worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Really cool stuff, showing Paddys shout out. I remember being at the fight that night and wondering if Ais would see it.

As one of the other lads pointed out, poor ol Neil Seery seems to get little to no recognition when the UFC pushes this "Irish invasion" thing

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Delighted for Aisling it was the most exciting fight so far imo with obvious bias , yer one magana was getting on my nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

She took that head kick like an absolute champ, was a great episode. Iv stopped watching the season mainly because the ****e in the house is ridiculous at this stage atleast with the likes of TUF5 the lads all got drunk and brawled but this is like an episode of WWEs Diva TV Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great win for Ais and brilliant seeing ufc dublin again. Was great seeing paddy give that shoutout live. Magana has had a seriously messed up life man. Ref was seriously annoying 'work work work' where was he in tuf 19!! Very bad standup, shnakey pettis with the jedi mind tricks :D

She has a tough fight in penne next.

I wonder who Dana was on about being the next Ronda or was that just spoof to get viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I wonder who Dana was on about being the next Ronda or was that just spoof to get viewers.

Complete **** from Dana, just promotion, as was the live season a game changer, or how Coleman was a craze bag from last or anything he says about TUF in general.

Been mentioned abit now how Dana hasn't been at any fights or media scrums etc lately . anyone any idea's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I think its quite obvious really & SBG with dirty underhand tactics have blackmailed somebody working for UFC/TUF production team to make sure there is no mention of any other team.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

102914-TEXT-FROM-LAST-FIGHT1-01.jpg
    102914-TEXT-FROM-LAST-FIGHT2-01.jpg
    102914-TEXT-FROM-LAST-FIGHT3-01.jpg
    102914-TEXT-FROM-LAST-FIGHT4-01.jpg
    102914-TEXT-FROM-LAST-FIGHT5-01.jpg
    102914-TEXT-FROM-LAST-FIGHT6-01.jpg
    102914-TEXT-FROM-LAST-FIGHT7-01.jpg
    102914-TEXT-FROM-LAST-FIGHT8-01.jpg

102914-TEXT-FROM-LAST-FIGHT9-01.jpg

• Advertisement