Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question regarding licences

• 07-12-2007 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

I got my Full 'B' and 'W' licence today, but on my old provisional I also had a provisional bike licence. I think the category was 'M'. Just wondering, will i have to get another provisional licence re-issued for that or is it gone forever?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Unless you're otherwise excluded (medical grounds - two members of my family have B-only licences), you should get M automatically on all B licences, as you do for W. It covers 50cc and under mopeds, not the classiest two wheeled transport I have to admit... If its not printed there you could call the council that issued it to query it, but it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

MYOB wrote: »
    Unless you're otherwise excluded (medical grounds - two members of my family have B-only licences), you should get M automatically on all B licences, as you do for W. It covers 50cc and under mopeds, not the classiest two wheeled transport I have to admit... If its not printed there you could call the council that issued it to query it, but it should be.

Ah its probably my own fault then. I only ticked b and w on the application form, didnt know i was allowed tick the m one. I thought you needed a seperate test for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I asked this question before or a similiar one - I was advised that whether or not M is listed on your license that you have it automatically once you have B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dub-Dub

What's the difference between a C licence & a C1 Licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

MYOB wrote: »

You no longer get an M (Moped) Category when you get a B (Car)
    You still get W though ! (TRACCT000rrrr)

M now comes with an A or you can sit a seperate test for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Dub-Dub wrote: »
    What's the difference between a C licence & a C1 Licence
    Simple answer:

C = any rigid truck.
    C1 = small rigid Truck or heavy van.

C1 is for vehicles with a DGVW of more than 3.5 tonnes up to 7.5 tonnes with up to 8 passengers.

C is for all rigid vehicles over DGVW of 3.5 tonnes with up to 8 passengers.

craichoe wrote: »
    You still get W though ! (TRACCT000rrrr)
    'W' is not just for tractors.

It's for almost all work/argicultural vehicles - diggers, teleporters, combine harvesters, self propelled crop harvesters, dumpers, self propelled sprayers, grass cutters, silage harvesters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Homer

It's for almost all work/argicultural vehicles - diggers, teleporters, combine harvesters, self propelled crop harvesters, dumpers, self propelled sprayers, grass cutters, silage harvesters etc.

What the hell?? I need a licence for a teleporter?! never saw the guys in Stargate getting stopped at any inter stellar checkpoints? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Tract000000000rrrrrr !!!!!!!!

large-7TVBW1150oct.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dub-Dub

Cheers..... Wishbone Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I still find it hilarious that a 17 year old with a B licence can drive tractors the size of HGVs without any training whatsoever.

Stephen wrote: »
    I still find it hilarious that a 17 year old with a B licence can drive tractors the size of HGVs without any training whatsoever.
    ....or a 16 year old with no experience (on a W licence).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

haha, even better.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

craichoe wrote: »
    Tract000000000rrrrrr !!!!!!!!

large-7TVBW1150oct.jpg

Jaysus shes a Beaut!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,853 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

random wrote: »
    I asked this question before or a similiar one - I was advised that whether or not M is listed on your license that you have it automatically once you have B.

From
    http://www.transport.ie/roads/licensing/faqs/index.asp?lang=ENG&loc=1838
    I have a full B (car) licence. Does this entitle me to drive a motorcycle?
    The holder of a category B licence granted prior to 21 October, 2006 is entitled to drive a moped up to 50cc with a maximum design speed of 45 km/hour. All category B licences granted, for the first time, on or after 21 October, 2006 do not hold this entitlement. Such licence holders wishing to drive a category M vehicle would have to obtain a provisional licence in category M and successfully undergo the practical driving test in order to obtain a full licence in this category

Advertisement