Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

How many runners did this get ?
    And does anyone know how many the SE had?

SE 200 game - bad beat joe said it had 15....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Ace2007 wrote: »
    SE 200 game - bad beat joe said it had 15....
    gulp!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

How many runners did this get ?
    And does anyone know how many the SE had?
    There were about 30 runners in the Fitz game (always hard to tell with tables upstairs and downstairs for the 1st few hours!) - surprised the SE didn't get more. That said, lots and lots of people are in Vegas at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Seeming as a few asked on the last page - the Fitz DC on Tuesdays always gets good numbers. 60+ the last few times I was in. More and more SE regulars being spotted there although they are doing a sat with guaranteed tics the next few weeks so dunno if that'll have any effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Where would the best place to go for a game tonight be in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭zsoulking

Hi,

Just a reminder,

It's the Monthly €100 + €10 Double Chance Tournament tonight in the Sporting Emporium.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Sparky1808

Torn between two minds for tonight.

It's between the Fitz & CHL's for me. Just weighing up my options here.

Who's going where tonight ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

Fitz have the scalp on tonight 65, 10e for the scalp good game on friday in there! CHL's is closing down tonight so the last game on there think its the 120 f/o!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm guessing the SE didn't have many runners last night, or else the Chief had a very early bath as he was in the Fitz at about 9.15 last night registering for the tourney there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Sparky1808

Yeah I remember Smurph telling me about the Friday night game in the Fitz the other day - she might have just twisted my arm, plus I was very impressed with the whole setup when I played the EOM game there a couple of months back. :)

Hope to see a few of you there, BTW I'll be the young good looking bloke :o with the Northern accent :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

maloney333 wrote: »
    Fitz have the scalp on tonight 65, 10e for the scalp good game on friday in there! CHL's is closing down tonight so the last game on there think its the 120 f/o!

About how many players would normally be in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

About how many players would normally be in this?

70 plus runners usually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Sparky1808 wrote: »
    Yeah I remember Smurph telling me about the Friday night game in the Fitz the other day - she might have just twisted my arm, plus I was very impressed with the whole setup when I played the EOM game there a couple of months back. :)

Hope to see a few of you there, BTW I'll be the young good looking bloke :o with the Northern accent :D

lol, yeah i'll probably be there. Finish 22nd in the Dundalk game, 20 prizes, tough starting table, went all in for my last 6 big blinds with the monster JQoffsuit and ran into kings.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Any1 heading into the SE later ? think its a 7.30 start - or would the fitz be a better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

That was always a solid little tournament but the last time i played it wasnt that many init, ring around first id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Any1 heading into the SE later ? think its a 7.30 start - or would the fitz be a better choice.

from what i've heard - SE isn't doin as well as it used to....
    probably best for the fitz - but in second thoughts wes - sure u can play both...

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭S.Emporium

Tonight at the Emporium :

€50 + €5 "No Limit" Hold'em Freezeout.

Starting Stack : 5,000.

Clock : 20/30 minutes.

Doors open at 6.30pm for a 7.30pm Start.

Entry is allowed until the end of the first level (7.50pm).

Last week there was 32 runners and thats about the average for the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Lauralashes

Thinking of making my way into the Sporting 2night.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    from what i've heard - SE isn't doin as well as it used to....
    probably best for the fitz - but in second thoughts wes - sure u can play both...

standard lol

Show some support for the SE get the numbers back up again.

• Advertisement

Played the SE tournie tonight first time playin live in awhile had alot of fun was kinda shortstacked for most of it but was refreshing to suck out on Kev with my Ah5h against his AK runner runner flush, but revenge is sweet as they say when he runner runner flushed me later in the night.

Was in the SE the other night - i have to say the numbers are starting to pick back up.
    I didn't know they had a restaurant in there, tried it out and food was a very good.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,002 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I decided to start blogging much more often again, defo helps with the focus more so live,
    so, turning over a new leaf, new blog page up

mellor88.blogspot.com

just a general WSOP overview, and some goals, mainly to quailify for some larger events and to stop complaining

edit: I was sure this was the BBV thread :confused:

I think im gonna head to the jackpot tonight to play my first ever tournament in there, been getting pretty good reviews from what i heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭FuttBucker

I think im gonna head to the jackpot tonight to play my first ever tournament in there, been getting pretty good reviews from what i heard.

ye the thursday game is a pretty good tourney, they get a over 60 runners. And now they have improved the structure aswell, they added 1k in chips and a 800-1600 level. really good tourney, good luck and hope it goes well:)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Who going to the Fitz end of month on Thursday? Also, if I thought the SE 200 game would get 40+ I would play that too. Have numbers bounced back to where they were more or less a few months ago?

FuttBucker wrote: »
    ye the thursday game is a pretty good tourney, they get a over 60 runners. And now they have improved the structure aswell, they added 1k in chips and a 800-1600 level. really good tourney, good luck and hope it goes well:)

Thanks man!

Just home from my first ever tournie in the Jackpot and i have to say i really enjoyed it, ive heard nothing but good things about the wednesday tournie for awhile now.

After a few strange cash session in there i was always a little off put by it i could never seem to find a groove in there, but tonight has definately changed my mind somewhat and put it in my good books.

Was good to put some faces to the names here, got to meet 3 of them. I think i bubbled the money, i think they said 9 get paid i went 10th im sure Tadgh was happy :p Was happy with how i played overall except for 3 hands that got butchered by me, live and learn. Exit hand wasnt anything exciting was down to about 6-7 bb and seen a K and shipped after an utg raise by a boardsie he had been raising relentlessly he was a bad man :P :D but this time he had the goods AQ my K4o was murdered!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Exit hand wasnt anything exciting was down to about 6-7 bb and seen a K and shipped after an utg raise by a boardsie he had been raising relentlessly he was a bad man :P :D but this time he had the goods AQ my K4o was murdered!!!!

i always have the goods. Got headsup at about 4am, vilkian was very tired and i felt that i could just keep chipping away at him. I chip him down to about 50k when he goes all in and i look down at TT. His QT is good on a QT flop.

The key hand and my big mistake: Villian has 131k and i have about 180k. At 5k/10k he raises to 25k, i call with TJc. I call a 50k bet on a Ac2c7s board. The turn is the 4c and we both check. I bet 45k on a 5c river and he calls with an Ace. Why the hell didnt i bet more?

Thats it, Villian has 16k left and proceeds to win 3 all ins in a row when i am ahead every time. He eventually busts me with 83s when he rivers a spade against my two pair. So i finish second for €440, happy enough with my performance except for the mistake above.

Great tournament and lovely structure, i had >100BB's for most of the FT. Well done Duke and the Jackpot.

• Advertisement

Always have the goods? You make me laugh :pac: congrats unlucky you didnt take it down.

Advertisement