Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fiesta tdci

Options
  • 21-10-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

have an 03 fiesta 1.4 tdci, own it for over 4 years. the problem i have is kinda here to describe but here goes.
    when in second gear car will not drive slowly, it hicups so much that i have to clutch and go into first,,,when i have speed up i can go back into second and third etc
    also means that when coming to a junction i always have to go into first as car will not drive smoothly in second.
    drives smoothly in every order gear,, no lights on dash,,,any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

I'm going to hazard a guess at a duel problem most likely injectors

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

thanks but would that not affect all gears?

it also idles rough....

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

I would suggest a diagnostic scan as one could speculate all day long as to the cause. Typical hesitation compaints on that engine would be EGR and MAF sensor related, but again...without any more data its only speculation.

thanks.. egr valve was replaced last year but did not cure rough idling and no engine management light on

• Advertisement

The engine management light wouldnt necessarily come on if the car sensors were working within the parameters of what the PCM has been programmed to monitor as 'acceptable'. However performance can still be hampered. Its an analysis of the live data from the car compared with known good data that will aid in diagnosing this issue. Why was the EGR valve replaced out of interest?

mechanic said it was cause of rough idle.. then said it was not too bad but as he had it out he put in the new one anyway...

thanks for your ideas,,,
    will ring the local diesel man and see what he says

mechanic said it was cause of rough idle.. then said it was not too bad but as he had it out he put in the new one anyway...

I would avoid this gentleman in future. Throwing parts at a problem is not the way to approach this sort of issu.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

thanks but would that not affect all gears?

I would say it's just what ever way you let it chuck along in second where might not in other gears.
    Rough idle would also suggest this.

Advertisement