Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Letterkenny Photography Club

Options
  • 07-11-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

As a member of the Letterkenny Photography Club, I thought I'd make a thread to inform folks of the clubs activities.

During the Winter months, the club meets every Monday night, at 7pm, in the Regional Cultural Centre (RCC), behind An Grianan Theatre. There is no cost to attend the meetings, and new members are always welcome.

We are a new club, only established a few months, and growing every week.

Here's the schedule for the next couple of weeks:

8th November: Guest Speaker - Paddy Toye, photographer, journalist, hill walker and author. Paddy will be talking about his passion for photography and his new book "Paddy Toye's Donegal - Twelve Walks in the Hills of Donegal"

15th November: Lightroom / Develop Module.

22nd November: Guest Speaker - Brian McDaid, business man Brian runs The Picture House photographic studio in Letterkenny. Brian will be discussing his interest, and techniques in Photo Journalism.

29th November: Photoshop for Beginners (Part 2)

6th December Guest Speaker - Stuart Dunlop, author of the very popular, "Donegal Wildlife" blog. Stuart will be talking about macro photography of wildlife, and covers equipment, photographic techniques and an illustrative selection of his photographs.

A varied selection of activities!
    In between meetings, we try to arrange "Photowalks", where a group of members get together to try new techniques. We recently went on a hill-walk to a WWII plane crash site, in the Bluestacks - which provided some spectacular views. Other "Photowalks" are planned, weather permitting, so stay tuned.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ruskey

Thanks for the info. I'd be interested in going to the Photoshop class. Do I need to register anywhere or can I just turn up on the night?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

You don't need to register, just come along.

The Photoshop nights are very popular, as you can imagine, and space is limited to the 15 computers we have available. Many members bring their own laptops, inc. photoshop, which takes the pressure off.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ruskey

I'll bring a laptop as I have Photoshop, thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

This club still running?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

This club still running?

https://www.facebook.com/letterkenny.foto?ref=ts&fref=ts

still going meets every 2nd Monday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement