Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good Mechanic in Letterkenny?

• 28-01-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello all,
    I have some rare sound coming from down around where the drivers side wheel is on my van that I should have sorted a long time ago because it just keeps getting worse.

Does anyone know a good mechanic in or around Letterkenny? It'd also be a big bonus if they weren't too hard to pay too!

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

pat mccrudden in newton is really good, goes out of his way to help, and is while easy paid.

beside mcmenamin tyres on main road before kernans

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Vorenus

Damien Gallagher up Rahn (past the hideout) is very good, get my car looked at there. PM me if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

Adrian Wasson, the Glebe. Out the ramelton road. Very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bellarose

Gerry Doran excellent and very reasonable. Had his garage in units on the back road behind the Kellys Toyota garage on main road into Letterkenny. Can give mobile if you wish:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Leonard Wilson in Burt is the best I've heard of and experienced.

Turn left down the road just before the petrol station on the left about 1km the Letterkenny side of Burt. His house is the one with all the cars queued up outside. :)

You may have to wait a couple of weeks for him to get to you though !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Its probably just a whining bearing or similar, so might not be any need to take it to a commercial garage.
    I've been using Liam up the Cullain road for the last 10yrs, cant fault him 9124534

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ruskey

Thanks a million for all the replies. I'd be grateful to Vorenus and Bellarose if you could send me their numbers.

You're probably right Senna, it is a real whining noise so it could be a bearing or something like that so nothing that I'd have to take to a dealership, something that I try to avoid.

Thanks again folks, good to see so many recommended mechanics around the town

• Registered Users Posts: 24 The Barrier

bellarose wrote: »
    Gerry Doran excellent and very reasonable. Had his garage in units on the back road behind the Kellys Toyota garage on main road into Letterkenny. Can give mobile if you wish:o

Hi Bellarose,
    I need my car serviced as well. I hear good things about Gerry Doran. Could you give me on a contact number. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

muckish wrote: »
    Adrian Wasson, the Glebe. Out the ramelton road. Very good.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Hang on till i edit that for you...
    Pique wrote: »
    Leonard Wilson in Burt is the best I've heard of and experienced.

Turn left down the road just before the petrol station on the left about 1km the Letterkenny side of Burt. His house is the one with all the cars queued up outside. :)

You may have to wait a couple of MONTHS for him to get to you though !!

Brendan Boyce on the Cullion road works mainly of commercial vehicles and is reasonable to pay. PM if you want his mobile no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 martblue

Ferrys garage mountain top..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lfc1984

Just had my Car serviced by Gerry Doran....water pump, pulley, fan belt and timing belt replaced. Exceptional value for money, honest and reliable and a nice guy too. I have now found my Car mechanic at long long last.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭lipso

hi

would anyone have a number for Gerry Doran in order to contact him?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eva Gilmer

Hi I live in Letterkenny, I failed NCT last week Vauxhall Corsa 1997 I need!! to get new track rods fitted, also there is rust in the base of the boot which needs attention, is there some kind of metal or welding thingy that can be done as this car is getting on, the cheapest would be the dearest,
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I get my car serviced by Swilly Kwik Fit on Port Road. I always find them really reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gsoyu

Can somebody please send me Gerry Dorran's number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Donegalkk

Can anyone tell me is Gerry Doran still servicing cars? If so could you PM me his number. Thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

Apologies for dragging up an old thread but wondering if someone could please PM me Adrian Wasson's number. I have searched long and hard - online, in the phonebook and golden pages but his number still eludes me:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭shuffle65

Melty wrote: »
    Apologies for dragging up an old thread but wondering if someone could please PM me Adrian Wasson's number. I have searched long and hard - online, in the phonebook and golden pages but his number still eludes me:confused:

Did you ever get Adrian Wassons number? I'm looking for it at the moment, searched online, nada. He must be brilliant, imagine running a business, no contact details to be found anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fraggie

bellarose wrote: »

Can you please share his mobile number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

lfc1984 wrote: »
    Just had my Car serviced by Gerry Doran....water pump, pulley, fan belt and timing belt replaced. Exceptional value for money, honest and reliable and a nice guy too. I have now found my Car mechanic at long long last.

Yep got to agree here we have been using Gerry for years the guy is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 henryswanson

Hi All

Can someone please share Gerry Dorans phone number asap

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16 henryswanson

Yep got to agree here we have been using Gerry for years the guy is second to none.

Hi ..can you please give me Gerry Dorans phone number

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bazdonegal

I use advance pitstop in letterkenny. Not the cheapest place to get work done as its part of a chain but you get what you pay for mechanic wise in Donegal. I am happy to pay a little extra to get the job done right they always do I usually get the the car back the same day I leave it with them.

I had cars at garages for 3-4 weeks getting minor repairs carried out before. I was not impressed to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I'm not going to badmouth anyone, but I'd never recommend Advance Pitstop.
    I always recommend Adrian Wasson, or Dennis Ferry. Or Auto Fast Fit if you need a bigger outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Apologies for dragging this old thread up again...

I am looking for a good mechanic around the Convoy or Letterkenny area, to get a few things looked at on my Diesel Zafira.

Has anyone dealt with Thomas keys motors? it wouldn't be too far from where I work and could easily walk to it.
    I was also going to try Kilpatrick motors in Convoy but that place was all shut up the last 2 times I went out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jmark

firemansam4 - Mark Frizzell at Drumkeen is top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

tj across from the nct centre in letterkenny is very very good and reasonable aswell been doing my work for around 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Drew Mc 1984

Hello does anyone know a good mechanic that is easy paid , Around The Ballybofey Convoy Raphoe drumkeen Letterkenny Areas ? The Clutch is gone in my frontera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jmark

Mark Frizzell at Drumkeen - I'll PM you his number

Advertisement