Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Not sure if anyone was planning on quizzing tonight, but I won't be there as my train line is a total mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Will be there if I can. Is it too early for a Michael Winner-themed name?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21123532

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

serrity wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone was planning on quizzing tonight, but I won't be there as my train line is a total mess.

I was going to wait and see how hazardous Kilburn High Road looks when I get home tonight before deciding whether to traipse up there or not, I don't really want a slipping-on-snow/ice injury...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Will be there if I can. Is it too early for a Michael Winner-themed name?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21123532
    This will sound terrible but that is the best news I've had today

'Death Wish VI: Wish Granted'

Is there no thaw happening anywhere else? Granted some of it will refreeze but I'd imagine it won't be too bad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Obligatory Simpsons reference:

Alternative name suggestion: Michael Winner presents Death Wish 6 Feet Under

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'll be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I'll be there :)

Was it another "Shirley's friends are crap" team?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Nope, exiledelbows made up our dynamic duo. Unfortunately we were unable to defeat the mighty Bald Man and Bag Man pairing. They are unreal. :eek:

Won free drinks for best team name*, and a free shot though!**

* redeemable at a time of our choosing.

**donated the shot to exiledelbows as Dry January is still ongoing

Nope, exiledelbows made up our dynamic duo. Unfortunately we were unable to defeat the mighty Bald Man and Bag Man pairing. They are unreal. :eek:

Won free drinks for best team name*, and a free shot though!**

* redeemable at a time of our choosing.

**donated the shot to exiledelbows as Dry January is still ongoing

What was the team name?

• Advertisement

Death Wish IV: Wish Granted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Ironic how you were not a winner with that team name eh!

Il get me coat...

Who's going this evening?

Me!

I've got interview prep for tomorrow so I'll have to bail, I'm afraid. Good luck :)

Good luck tomorrow!

I'll be there. Good luck in the interview!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm not going to make it. I hope the interview goes well!

Quiz tonight? Don't mind if I do! Any ideas for team names? I'm thinking something about the bones of Richard III would be good, either "giving a whole new meaning to getting a richard" or the more childish "hur hur, they've got a boner".

I'll be there. Chris Huhne's possible jail-time could be another topic for team names...

• Advertisement

Really?! We're not going with the ice-related one from Saturday night? :D

Superbowl related - 'If you like it then you should've put 50p in it'

I'll be there.

Went to a table quiz back in Ireland at the weekend. We came second...

Read this article - Random theft ends with notorious mobster behind bars - for some reason my remark has ended up at the top of the comments section, would have made a great team name but I'm guessing it's a bit too obscure?

Are people quizzing today?

I won't be... I've decided to give the quiz a rest for a while.

serrity wrote: »
    I won't be... I've decided to give the quiz a rest for a while.

Noooooooo! Who will be our cars/history/Simpsons guru now?! :(

I'm not going to make it either guys. Weekend's fairly knocked the OH and I out. She's at home sick so will be on soup and Lemsip-making duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I'm around tonight if it's on? Can finally make one!

Hmm I wonder what all the team names will be about tonight?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21409149

• Advertisement

Hmm I wonder what all the team names will be about tonight?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21409149

I suggest "Pope Benny 16 hands in Ratzignation" for team name :)

Advertisement