Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quiz Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

We'll be there

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I’m going to see how I go today, but I may not make it this evening :( Really busy in work because it’s press week and I’ll be in the States next week

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I'm up for it, is there anyone else in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

I am, but I'm pretty wrecked after a busy weekend and could do with an early night, so I think I'll bow out for this week.

I will, however, leave you with 'The Du-CHEST of Cambridge' as a team name suggestion.

serrity wrote: »
    I am, but I'm pretty wrecked after a busy weekend and could do with an early night, so I think I'll bow out for this week.

I will, however, leave you with 'The Du-CHEST of Cambridge' as a team name suggestion.

Might pull a Silvervixen and enter on my own, in which case I have to use 'The Lone Rangers'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Love it! Best of luck :)

Went with the OH and thanks to 'The Du-Chest of Cambridge' we won best team name! Mind you, I'd have gone for 'A Leer in Provence' myself.

Came fourth of 12 which is pretty good going for the two of us. We would have done better except there was another live music round!

Anyone around this evening?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'm back from the emerald isle and good to go. Just need some more coffee later...

Sorry guys, I'm in the States. Next week for sure!

• Advertisement

OH coming too, so that's at least three

Missed a train, be there before half past.

Who's in tonight?

Were there any team names related to the maths teacher who ran off with his student last week? Cos I have a good one... :D

It was all on Andrew Mitchell and his 'plebs' comment.

We went with 'That Mitchell and Pleb F**k'.

I'll be there, my name contribution is 'Let's see Jim Fix This'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I think we came up with a similar name when he died & were promptly booed. No harm in seeing if it's still too soon, I guess :)

Myself & Fysh are a definite maybe. The spirit is willing but the flesh is lazy...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It was all on Andrew Mitchell and his 'plebs' comment.

We went with 'That Mitchell and Pleb F**k'.

I was thinking something along the lines of "Apparently, Jim could do more than just fix things..."

My suggestion is 'Today's maths lesson: 30 into 15 does go.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I hope to be there this evening... if only to witness the lynch mob tear you guys to bits

Will depend on what time I get out of work

I'll be there. Good suggestions on team names so far!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

serrity wrote: »
    My suggestion is 'Today's maths lesson: 30 into 15 does go.'

"...with a remainder of 2 return ferry trips"?

• Advertisement

I'm afraid that the flesh has turned out to be very lazy indeedJack B Badd and I are being held captive by the pussycat. Yeah, that's it, honest...

sorry for flaking out - we'll be there next week for sure. Stupid post holiday knackeredness :(

We won, beating Wit Tank by half a point, and silvervixen was promoted to Reserve Quizmaster. Result!

I'm afraid you'll have to battle on without me this evening :(

Is this anything to do with the stag do the other night?

I'll be there, anyone else?

I'm afraid you'll have to battle on without me this evening :(

Ah boo :( You were going to be the inspiration for our team name and everything!

I'll be there...

It'll be less embarrasing for me if ye use it when I'm not there :D

What was the team name? Now I am curious!

Scarinae wrote: »
    What was the team name? Now I am curious!

Let's just say silvervixen has come up with an interesting alternative to paper and coin currency...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I probably won't be there tonight. No excuses, I'm just feeling really, really lazy today

(And terrified at the thought of having to live up to last week's success)

Advertisement