Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Go Blonde.I love blonde hair.Dooooooo it.

Thanks for the encouragement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

At least let me bring my duvet to work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I actually ruin myself with laziness. I could be a much better person if I could get myself to cop the fuq on and do something with myself. I have motivation some of the time, but I need it all of the time to be happier with life..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Was finally going to watch the swimming, and the speakers on my computer are broken. Gaaahhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Not really a big argh but spent the day with a group of people who wouldn't talk about anything other than a night out they had together in which I wasn't invited to. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

My attention span is far too short for me to do anything productive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Luno wrote: »
    Not really a big argh but spent the day with a group of people who wouldn't talk about anything other than a night out they had together in which I wasn't invited to. :mad:

I hate when people do that. It's extra shíte if it's something you don't do very often (for me, that's pretty much anything apart from going into town). :o Or if your best friend uploads a lovely album of photos to Facebook of the whole thing, so you're inevitably going to see how much fun they had without you. Talking about it all the time when you are around is worse though.

Ugh, this reminds me of either last summer or the summer before last, probably small parts of both. Not getting invited to stuff sucks, I'd rather fight with people than not know why exactly they seem to like excluding you from stuff. :( Of course I got invited to loads of house parties while they were in college and I was preparing for doing the Leaving again. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Swallowing my own spit is feeling like swallowing barbed wire,Howrya birthday illness.

I keep crying I'm so miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Where am I going to find 2590e to pay for the first half of my student accommodation. It has to be paid this day month and I literally have nothing.

God, I really hope AIB will give me that Student loan or I won't be able to go to College this year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm not going to be able to go out tonight.:( I don't wanna go to the doctor though.waaah im so whingey

• Advertisement

I've wasted so much time. I wish I could turn back clocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I've wasted so much time. I wish I could turn back clocks.

I'd settle for a bernard's watch type of thing.

I'd settle for a bernard's watch type of thing.

I was just talking about Bernard's Watch yesterday. My postman isn't one bit magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Stupid brain. Why you go blank in interviews :(
    I TRUSTED YOU!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

O2 locked me out of my webtext account.

Feck em, ordered a free sim from 3, you've paid the price and lost a customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

College offers in the morning. So nervous, not even sure if this is an arrrgh or a yaaah.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'm hungry but I feel a bit sick so nothing seems very appetizing right now

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Writers block. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Was really up for going to Indiependence but my friend pulled out without telling me. We hadn't gotten tickets but still :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Just back from having tried to do a DJ set for my Irish college.

Jesus Christ. I've never had to deal with anything like this.
    I'm in charge of the sound equipment and music down here, I was given that job by the principal. I also volunteered to DJ tonight even though I usually do so for payment, because I love this place and want to give back to it.
    I had to leave earlier in the day so I left a few instructions for the DJ before me to follow in terms of sound setup so I could plug in. They weren't followed. In fact when I got back the DJ booth was locked (taking ten minutes to locate somebody who had the key) and all of the cables were wired completely atrociously (instead of using RCA-RCA, they used a RCA-3.5" cable that looked at least ten years old and was delivering the most awful sound imaginable. Like, it literally sounded like the speakers were exploding. on top of that the ENTIRE right speaker of a stereo setup was given over to a radio mic. more on that later). Having had to mix whilst simultaneously rewiring the entire setup and software settings was bad enough without the fact that the fucker with the radio mic was dodgily MCing over all of my tracks. As in, I'd be playing some track not even tangentially related to Scatman and he'd be there shouting "BEEEEEEEEE BA BA BADA BO". He wasn't drunk, but I've seen many drunks handle mics better.
    And other volunteers at the place were insistent that I play Maniac 2000 (fucking Maniac 2000) and Scatman (the very pinnacle of 90s cheese-techno) from a phone using the same broken RCA-3.5" cable that we'd already concluded was broken. Playing a radio edit of a track from a phone doesn't leave me room to mix or do anything. The sentence "Just give me the track via Bluetooth" didn't appear to make any sense to them in either Irish or English.

Apparently the fact that I was after investing two years of my life learning how to DJ and �650 and rising in equipment seems to mean nothing to people who told me "Anyone who can press play on a phone is a DJ"; completely ignoring the fact that I was working on live mashups, seamless transitions and giving most of the crowd, not just a bunch of assholes, what they wanted. If they want to listen to an iPod on sound equipment that sounds like shit, fair enough, but all I ask for when I'm actually working is a little bit of respect for what I do, especially when I'm doing it for free for people that I genuinely like and want to help. But it's annoying me that when I try to do something I've been working on improving myself at for two years, I come out sounding like I've been doing it for a week.
    And they tell me "In the end, we're in charge". Dafuq? I was given complete responsibility for sound equipment and DJing, this doesn't give you the right to interfere with my setup and track selection (especially when people were enjoying what I do), nor the right to shout on a microphone, nor the right to blame me for everything someone else got wrong while I'm working my ass off.

tl;dr people who think they know what they're doing when they really have absolutely no clue whatsoever in the slightest what they're on about get in my way and fuck up my work; blame me for it and claim to be in charge of things they're not. I mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

You sound djected.

I apologise. But yeah, sounds like a crap experience, especially since you devoted your time to it free of charge.

Did they ask for skrillex or deadmau5? Any bad crowd has at least 14 requests for those two.

Sooooooo, parents told me there's no way I can stay in College next year so I have to Commute. Wouldn't be too bad but now I'm looking at a 2.5 hour Commute to get there and get home every day. ffs.

2 hours 20 minutes travelling every day. Kill me now.

I wouldn't mind but my course doesn't have many hours (Law) so in a day I may have 3 lectures, one at 9AM, 2PM and 4PM.. What am I supposed to do to fill those hours where I have nothing to do?

Gah, college is going to be ****e.

I'm going to be wrecked at the end of each week.. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Colm! wrote: »
    tl;dr people who think they know what they're doing when they really have absolutely no clue whatsoever in the slightest what they're on about get in my way and fuck up my work; blame me for it and claim to be in charge of things they're not. I mad.

th_Tip-Hat.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

My fúcking 8 year old cousin asks me to show him how to solve a fúcking Rubiks Cube, I protest (obviously) , etc., then he says "but you showed Eoghan(20 year old cousin) how to do it". I'm left baffled by his ingenuity and guile, as this line he delivered was undoubtedly prepared before he even asked the question, and left me stumped for yet another excuse. Getting away from him is out of the question because he is here now and staying in my house until tomorrow morning. If anybody can save me from this horrible fate, while keeping his youthful happiness alive, please help me and I will be eternally in your debt.

Palytoxin wrote: »
    My fúcking 8 year old cousin asks me to show him how to solve a fúcking Rubiks Cube, I protest (obviously) , etc., then he says "but you showed Eoghan(20 year old cousin) how to do it". I'm left baffled by his ingenuity and guile, as this line he delivered was undoubtedly prepared before he even asked the question, and left me stumped for yet another excuse. Getting away from him is out of the question because he is here now and staying in my house until tomorrow morning. If anybody can save me from this horrible fate, while keeping his youthful happiness alive, please help me and I will be eternally in your debt.

Do a search on google for the way to solve a Rubik's cube in around 90seconds. AFAIK you just have to do the same three moves over and over and over until it eventually solves. Show him the 3 moves, tell him to keep repeating.

If he keeps annoying you, use the cube to bludgeon him to death and make your escape to Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

2 hours 20 minutes on a Train every day. Kill me now.
    Wouldn't getting the train every day cost more than rent? I'm only an hour and half by train, but taking the train everyday would work out over twice as expensive than what my rent and bills are

Lawliet wrote: »
    Wouldn't getting the train every day cost more than rent? I'm only an hour and half by train, but taking the train everyday would work out over twice as expensive than what my rent and bills are

it's €17 for a student return from arklow, but is €52 for a 10 journey ticket. I think there might even be a further reduction if you buy a yearlong ticket. It's definitely much, much cheaper than rent.

Well on campus for first year works out at 110e p/w, but all bills are paid at the start of the year from a 500e deposit. I don't know what they're thinking tbh, I owe 2590e by the end of this month, does anyone know if the college would hold off a little bit on this to be paid or does it have to be paid by that date? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement