Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cronjob - on the half hour every half hour

Options
  • 05-04-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭

hi folks

I need to find out how to run a cron from 3:30am to 5pm every half hour.

Is this correct?

30, 3-17 * * */space/TEST/batch/bin/Schedule.sh >> /space/TEST/batch/bin/Schedule.sh

Tried a quick google but still not sure

thanks again!
    Trilla

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think it would be something like:
    0,30 3-17 * * * /space/TEST/batch/bin/Schedule.sh

My UNIX is a bit rusty, but will the last part not try to output the results of the script to the script itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Yep, the redirect to the script will "append" the output of the script to itself.

If you NEED to redirect, and dont care about the output, you could redirect to the bit-bucket (/dev/null). Explanation here.
    0,30, 3-17 * * * /space/TEST/batch/bin/Schedule.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

Advertisement