Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Where did you find Untucked? Can you hook me up please in PM? :)

The only bigger girl who I thought was winner potential was probably Latrice Royale. I still quite like her but I find that the bigger girls they usually get on the show do nothing but moan about not being able to compete in the challenges or do other things purely because of their size. At least Latrice just got on with it and wasn't that much of a moaner, until the later episodes when she went out because she seemed to be losing heart with the competition and letting everything get on top of her. I suppose Roxxxy was a contender for a 'big queen', but she wasn't *that* big and her complete bitch attitude throughout the show really turned people off her. She was season 5's Phi Phi really.

Oh yes, and Michelle's tits... I'm sick of seeing them. Put them away!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Paddy C wrote: »
    Where did you find Untucked? Can you hook me up please in PM? :)

The only bigger girl who I thought was winner potential was probably Latrice Royale. I still quite like her but I find that the bigger girls they usually get on the show do nothing but moan about not being able to compete in the challenges or do other things purely because of their size. At least Latrice just got on with it and wasn't that much of a moaner, until the later episodes when she went out because she seemed to be losing heart with the competition and letting everything get on top of her. I suppose Roxxxy was a contender for a 'big queen', but she wasn't *that* big and her complete bitch attitude throughout the show really turned people off her. She was season 5's Phi Phi really.

Oh yes, and Michelle's tits... I'm sick of seeing them. Put them away!

I loved Latrice, she didn't play on the fact she was big which went in her favour, as you say she just got on with it. I really hope Darienne will be the same.

I always forget about Roxxxy, now there was one sexy woman.

I'll pm you the link to Untucked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Can I get in on the untucked action too?? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5923163/rupaul-messages-pirates-with-decoy-album-you-done-stole-my-album-uh-uh-no-you?utm_source=twitter

Aha! Didn't know about this, Ru released a decoy version and 'leaked' it to torrent websites. Brilliant!

Also, for anyone who missed it, Here's Carmen Carrera on Ireland AM

It's Tuesday, it's Drag Race day! Can't wait to go home after work and watch! :D

Nice interview with Carmen as well. I wonder if she did any appearances in The George or Dragon before she continued her travels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

Yeah, she was in the Dragon on the Saturday night. Didn't know who she was at the time.

You didn't recognise the name from Drag Race? For shame! :D

I'm about to start watching episode 3 and Untucked now. It's called Scream Queens... wasn't there an episode in a previous season called that? Don't tell me they have run out of ideas for challenges already!

Watched episode 3 on Tuesday night but only getting round to posting this now!
    What was so special about Darienne Lake's performance that meant she won the main challenge? I don't get it!

Also, I was surprised to see Vivacious go out so soon. I thought she would be around for a good bit longer.

I can see Bianca getting really annoying soon with her constant catty attitude, unless they're building it up for a massive crying session either on the main stage or in Untucked about how hard her life has been and it's all a front etc.

Is Michelle Visage trying to look like a drag queen? She gets worse every episode. She's getting chunkier by the season, she's wearing lots more make-up and her outfits are atrocious. Ugh, I'm sick of her now, get a new judge in for Season 7 please, Ru!

I think the reason
    Darienne won that was that her dress was pretty fabulous with the flowiness of wing-y type arms. Although to be fair she didn't make it herself, i reckon......

Vivacious had to go - her outfit was dated - but not in a good way, it just looked like something she has had since 97. Also, that mock English voice she keep doing was getting RLY irritating.. and THAT WALK!!!!! That looked well ropey. Surprised that Ben de la Crème shone again so soon - I thought she would do well but....

Darienne looked great, the dress really suited her. As for
    winning the challenge, I suppose she made the most of what little part she had. It really showed Viv up

Right choice was made as to who to send home, won't be missed by me at least.

Michelle needs to lighten up, she was a bit of a laugh in earlier series, now she is just too serious, there is no fun with her anymore. Its getting boring.

Anyone else finding it hard to watch just one episode at a time? I miss my DragRace binge :D

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    Anyone else finding it hard to watch just one episode at a time? I miss my DragRace binge :D
    Absolutely! I haven't watched the first 2 eps 100% properly to be honest, I do much better when I allocate an evening and watch a bunch of them at the same time, so it'll be the first 3 for me soon!

Yes, totally, the great thing about being years behind was that you could binge watch several episodes, and even when they were put on Netflix last year I watched them all again. I have the 3 episodes so far and the 3 Untucked's downloaded and once I have all the episodes, I'll probably watch them again.

I haven't seen Untucked for the earlier seasons, only around half of Season 4 and all of 5, so I may look about getting my hands on them, although I understand the first season didn't have Untucked, they just kept footage of the backstage stuff for the end of season look back before the final.

I am absolutely disgusted at last nights result!!! urg - my favourite is out :( and a fukn dummy is still in in her place..

godDAMMIT

For a split second after the lip-sync I was quite sure Ru was gonna send the surviving queen home and save the one that got eliminated. Probably a tough one to call, they both did well at it, but the song was probably more suited to the queen that stayed.

Lip-syncing is as much about the song as how you move about the stage. It was a slower song that suited staying in one place for most of it, so the queen that did, made it look more soulful so she stayed. Then, other times, pure stage acrobatics have saved a queen, so it is hard to know sometimes what's going to work and what doesn't.

Please don't tell me that Leganja and Adore's "feud" is gonna be this seasons Alyssa and Coco, with them eventually facing off on the runway. I didn't think much of the snatch game though, Ben De La Creme, Adore and Bianca shone, the rest were boring as hell. The shade throwing mini challenge was OK, nothing major in it worth remembering and the rap challenge seemed easy enough for all the queens, apart from Trinity who sounds so bored half the time and sounds like she puts no real effort into well, anything.

I am still surprised at a few things...
    Milk's 'male Ru' runway look. Brave, inspired, wrong and yet so right. I'm glad it was respected and she was saved from the bottom two, which is where I fully expected her to be because of it. Even more surprising is that it wasn't mentioned once in Untucked, in fact, Milk never spoke the entire episode...

Derienne Lake still being in the competition. I find her runway looks consistently plain/safe and she still manages to get through. Glad Ru seemed to finally tell her to shape up or she's going out. I think she'll be bottom two next week.

Also good to see Courtney being told to stop relying on that body! I liked her at the start due to her association with Willam and she seems genuinely sweet with some comic shady-ness, but she seems to be coasting, we haven't seen anything amazing from her yet. I don't think she'll be top 3, could be at best the 4th place finisher like favourite Detox from Season 5.

I should have been
    Darienne Lake in the lipsynch. Her rap were crap and her runway looks are so uninspired. She seems to think that because she can paint her face tastefully that she is a good drag queen. While I do quite like her, she should have lipsynched.

The reason I am so pissed off Milk went is that I don't feel that we got to see nearly the best of her. I think she was unique and different and had a lot to offer that we didn't see.

And ****ing Trinity K. Bonet!! Well I'm sorry , but gurrl complains about every damn thing she is asked to do. The disclaimer before the rap was particularly toe-curling. Needs to go.

Jocelyn Foxx, I am very surprised to say, has quite grown on me.

Quite like Bianca, really like Ben de la Crème, but I thought Adore Delano definitely deserved to win this weeks challenge.

Quite like Courtney - I predict third.

Legange's look is great, really striking, but her personality leaves me a bit, I dunno....just meh?

Bring back Milk :(

Actually I think this year might be the toughest to call, with Ben de la Crème ahead at this point.

also,
    gia gunn was better value than some of the queens still left

lol at us 2 using spoilers paddy - we're ALMOST the only two devotees :)

and Cydoniac - sorry :)

No need! I'm probably going to wait until the season finale to watch it all in one bunch :)

I only use spoilers in case someone new jumps in and wants to start watching and I don't ruin it for them, or if someone wants to read a new post but might not have seen the most recent episode yet, but yeah, as we seem to be the only few contributors maybe we should stop spoiler tagging it all and just say it!

I hope Derienne goes next week, I predict she will be bottom 2 with Trinity and although I'd like to see the back of both of them, Derienne is boring and should have went weeks ago. At least Trinity admits she's struggling, so her honesty and some of her runway looks are what will play to her advantage against Derienne. Trinity will then hopefully go the week after that!

Top 3 I still think will be Ben, Bianca and probably Adore. I just have this feeling Courtney won't make it to the final and will be 4th.

And me :) although I am a bit late to the party this week, I've been so busy I have only just watched Snatch Game - my favourite task - and have yet to see this week's although I know who left :( Damn you Facebook!!!

My opinion keeps changing, I hated Adore at first but she is growing on me, I'm still thinking top three will be Ben, Bianca and possibly Adore if she can pick up the slack over the next few weeks.

Soooo glad Gia is gone, I hate toxic bitches like that.

Paddy I totally concur with you re Darianne, I was hoping she would do the big girls justice but she seems to have become forgettable which is a shame as I think she could have been excellent.

FYI guys Alicia Edwards and Leganga are doing an appearance this Saturday a the Dragon.

• Advertisement

OMG, if I'd have known Alyssa Edwards was in Dublin this weekend I'd have made plans!

RAGING!

Paddy C wrote: »
    Top 3 I still think will be Ben, Bianca and probably Adore. I just have this feeling Courtney won't make it to the final and will be 4th.
    Courtney already has it made, I think it would be a bit unfair for her to win. I get the impression she's just in it for the extra publicity boost on top of what seems like a successful Australian career.

There are two back-to-back episodes on Monday, so double the fun!

Also, did anyone go see Alyssa and Leganja?

UK version of Drag Race on the way!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/drag-race-jonathan-ross-reveals-3375046

Not to sure about Ross though

This will be interesting. Will it actually have RuPaul in it, will it be called something different? What channel will it be on? Will they have an Untucked type show. Will it have UK and Irish contestants... Argh!

I personally think a drag queen should be the main host so not sure about Jonathan Ross being involved. Not exactly RPDR without RuPaul!

Two episodes of the show and 2 Untucked's to watch tonight, might treat myself and watch them on the big TV in the living room instead of on the laptop!

jesus - leganja (sp?), the arse really fell out of your shtick. she was soo one dimensional at the end. that whole act was so limited!

i'm surprised at how much dela crème is stuggling

delighted bianca won another challenge

btw, most of my predictions have been wrong except - i did say at week one that Visage would castigate dela crème for not being herself. but i mean, for fuxxsake, she has built a CHARACTER!! for her now to go out in drag and act as plain old Paul (or whatever) makes no sense and it's an uttely pointless criticism.

WHY IN GOD'S NAME DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE 'REAL' PERSON? SHE'S A DRAG QUEEN YOU DUMB B*****D

SO F****D OFF RIGHT NOW, sorry for shouting though :(

I knew the "both queens staying" thing was gonna happen at one point. I actually expected it to happen last week when both lip-sync performances were quite good and hard to choose between.

As for the queens...

I actually am happy that Trinity was able to perform well in a challenge and she wasn't moping and "I can't do this" etc. I kinda liked her, and she seemed like a different person. I also love when Ru talks to a queen and her voice breaks or she cries. She really does care, and she even said it herself that she wasn't going to "throw a queen under the bus for no f*cking TV show". This isn't a job for Ru, it's her life and I love her even more after last nights shows. Trinity gets some much needed points for not being a whiny bitch! I'm getting an air of Tyra Sanchez about her, she was like that in some of the challenges and then went on to win the show. Are we seeing the same with Trinity?

Darienne is still here, and seems to become a bigger 'see you next Tuesday' by the week. I really don't like her now. Get her off...! Outfits are off, attitude in general, and especially towards Ben is harsh for no reason and probably just jealousy as Ben won 2 challenges and she hasn't, and I struggle to find something likeable or personable about her.

Bianca is probably my favourite at the moment. Love the humour and the no-nonsense attitude. Definite top 3 I think and potential winner. She knows when to be serious, when to be funny, how to spot the fakes and not play along with their bull, a real stand out for this season for sure.

I'm surprised at how much I'm starting to like Adore now. I laughed out loud a few times in those 2 episodes at her, whether it's a facial expression, a joke, a bit of shade or some dumb word/sentence she comes out with, I'm really finding her funny. Possible top 3 candidate.

Ben was lucky, but I agree that she has a character. Michelle wants to see the real her, but that's not the point of the competition, Michelle! Gawd! I thought her (and most of the girls this week) had really good runway looks but some got shot down for them, including Ben. There's no pleasing some people! I really don't like Michelle now, please replace her for Season 7. Merle Ginsberg didn't hang around too long, neither should Michelle. Or Santino for that matter.

Joslyn looked awful on the runway. It was the same outfit from the previous week dyed white. They mauled her for it, so why would you wear it again? Surprised she survived the lip-sync but also surprised by who left, which brings me on to...

Leganja. I don't know where I stand regarding her. I liked her up to a point, but then the last few weeks she became rather annoying and as you say, one dimensional. The melt-down she seemed to have on Untucked I think was purely for the cameras benefit and she was probably more annoyed that no-one came out after her to console her, and she had to come back in with her tail between her legs (no pun intended!).

Courtney is starting to go down in my estimation. I was probably a little like Joslyn, I had heard a lot and liked her because of it, but the more I see of her on the show the more I'm starting to get put off by her. She was being sly and catty for no reason, especially to someone she knows idolised her and depended on to win a team challenge. Save it for after, not before and during. I wasn't a fan of her black and white runway look.

Ugh, we're half way through the show now. 7 queens left, only 5 regular shows left then the look back show then the final. At least we have a Season 7 coming, (hopefully more) and there is also an All Stars 2 I believe and the UK version. My drag fix is taken care of for now...!

• Advertisement

see that comment Santino made about having to slap a dick outta Visage's hand to get her out of the back of a car?

oooh matron!!

Advertisement