Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spring Core training at New Horizons?

• 10-02-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone taken the Spring Core training at New Horizons?

http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrreg/courses.cfm?ui=www_edu&a=det&id_course=157578

Its expensive at 2.5K and 4 days so I would welcome any feedback. One advantage is that it includes a free voucher for the Spring certification exam which the course is designed to prepare you for.

I've 30 years software experience but Spring is a gap in my CV and I need to come up to speed real fast (and prove it) for commercial reasons.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 iamsoiam

Hey Johnny, did you do this course? Im thinking of doing it myself and was wondering if its any use

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭monsterdev

The Spring bean and dependency injection concept can be learned relatively quickly. Youtube tutorials guide you through xml vs annotation configurations and you will be developing enterprise spring applications in no time ! Your wasting your money here.
    Better off getting a best practice course once you are familiar with the framework.
    You should also learn it with Hibernate as they interact beautifully
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB8k2-Egfv0 Java brains is an excellent teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

iamsoiam wrote: »
    Hey Johnny, did you do this course? Im thinking of doing it myself and was wondering if its any use

No I didn't in the end. I'd sent some questions on the course to the organisers and I wasn't happy with the responses so I left it.

Advertisement