Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway gay bars

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 1980x

hi guys jst to let ye know there is a new gay bar opening on the 30th nov and we are looking into holdin student nights on a weekly basis its a revamp of a venue total facelift inside and out and it will be the spot to go to !!! we will be offering a fresh new venue with a very up to date decor and very 2012 lots of drink promos to be had on a weekly basis

Why would u have student nights there are so many places for students to go in Galway and no where for Gay people to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

1980x wrote: »
    Why would u have student nights there are so many places for students to go in Galway and no where for Gay people to go.
    In fairness Galway has a good few pubs where gay people can go. the roisin, salthouse, bierhause, blue note, cottage, oslos, to name just a few all have a pretty chilled atmosphere and mixed crowd.

best of luck to the GBar; hopefully if they arrange some different/quirky nights (not karaoke!!) it will attract a good crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 40,549 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Folks

Please remember

NO ADVERTISING

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

I was at the launch of G Bar last Friday week and I have to say they did a good job with the place considering the limited amount of space to work with. They have successfully created the illusion of the downstairs bar appearing bigger than it actually is.
    The upstairs section is very unusual....kind of feels like being at someone's house party as it is so intimate and dark lol.
    I hope it manages to stay open as it would be a shame for Galway to have no gay venue....enough of them around the country have closed down this year already:(
    I might pay a visit back to G Bar this weekend. I'm guessing Saturday nights would be busier? I remember Dignity West used to be absolutely dead on a regular Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Can anyone tell me where a couple of girls can go for fun in pubs and clubs in Galway during the week ? Be nice to meet a few peps seen as its our first time in Galway and my friend only lets her hair down when she knows its an open minded venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 justaguy112

Anyone know if there is any gay bar still open in Galway. Thinking bout heading there tomorrow to check out the craic with the races on.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marty66

Anyone know if there is any gay bar still open in Galway. Thinking bout heading there tomorrow to check out the craic with the races on.

No official gay bar at the moment but a lot are gay friendly especially Blue Note & Massimo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

This is also a thing that's gay in Galway...

http://www.galwaypride.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laura26

hi im going to galway friday for the day is there any place for a girl to meet a girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

laura26 wrote: »
    hi im going to galway friday for the day is there any place for a girl to meet a girl

AFAIK there are no explicitly gay bars in Galway at the minute but beat bet would the the most gay friendly part of the city on the west side around the Roisin Dubh.

I'd say you'd be as well off getting on tinder or another dating app and trying to organise a meeting in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 laura26

Just wondering is there any place for lesbians to go in galway during the day for privacy

Advertisement