Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

For anyone who got this game and liked it and who also bought the Vita:
    http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/02/all-blacks-rugby-challenge-ps-vita-hands-on/

Hey,

Just looking for the help of the knowledgeable folks on here!

I'm editing player and team stats on Rugby Challenge (PS3) (takes a lot of time and effort) and would love some feedback on the following list of the top rated players in the game (as I have edited them to be) and if you think I have rated some too high or some too low or if I have left people out that should be on there!

It's still a work in progress btw! But here are the top 45 rated players in the game:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avwdrn7c-rundFNZVWRZcWF0clJtTWpWbjllNEZBUkE

Would love feedback, thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

It's pretty difficult to give much feedback as I'd need to see a lot of other player ratings to compare, but I'll try.
    Out-Halves
    Hernandez is rated to highly for me. He's rated the same as Quade Cooper, which isn't really reflective of reality.
    Flankers
    Firstly, Rocky Elsom is way too highly rated. I would put him alongside Messam or Croft at about 86.
    IMO, Pierre Spies is also too highly rated. He is should be below Harinordoquy and Read, and for that matter, Read should be rated about 90. And if Croft is an 86, then McCaw has to be closer to 90 if not 90.
    Scrum-Halves
    Phillips is most definitely not at the same level as Genia. I would put him at about 88, and as a result I would lower the ratings of the other scrum-halves. Piennar is better than Cowan and Parra. Again it's hard to judge without more players to compare.
    Centres
    You're being quite a bit generous to BOD, but that's okay:D. He should probably be at 88. Steyn is too high IMO, I'd put him at 87. Mortlock is far far too high given how long he's been out of the international scene. I would give him about an 85. Hook is also too high as he is not as good as Rougerie or Nonu. In fact he's probably around an 84, which makes me think Mortlock should be around an 84 too. Finally, Nonu should be 89 or 90. He's the best inside centre in the world apart from maybe SBW.
    Wings
    Maybe a bit generous to Bowe seeing as he's rated on par with Ioane.

That's all the feedback I can really give you. Hope it helps.

Hagz wrote: »
    It's pretty difficult to give much feedback as I'd need to see a lot of other player ratings to compare, but I'll try.
    Out-Halves
    Hernandez is rated to highly for me. He's rated the same as Quade Cooper, which isn't really reflective of reality.
    Flankers
    Firstly, Rocky Elsom is way too highly rated. I would put him alongside Messam or Croft at about 86.
    IMO, Pierre Spies is also too highly rated. He is should be below Harinordoquy and Read, and for that matter, Read should be rated about 90. And if Croft is an 86, then McCaw has to be closer to 90 if not 90.
    Scrum-Halves
    Phillips is most definitely not at the same level as Genia. I would put him at about 88, and as a result I would lower the ratings of the other scrum-halves. Piennar is better than Cowan and Parra. Again it's hard to judge without more players to compare.
    Centres
    You're being quite a bit generous to BOD, but that's okay:D. He should probably be at 88. Steyn is too high IMO, I'd put him at 87. Mortlock is far far too high given how long he's been out of the international scene. I would give him about an 85. Hook is also too high as he is not as good as Rougerie or Nonu. In fact he's probably around an 84, which makes me think Mortlock should be around an 84 too. Finally, Nonu should be 89 or 90. He's the best inside centre in the world apart from maybe SBW.
    Wings

excellent, thanks dude.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Spies ranked higher than Read :eek::eek::eek:

I'd have Read up there at the top with Carter to be honest and Spies much lower down.

Rocky Elsom on current form shouldn't be on the list at all either, neither should Jimmy Cowan.

• Advertisement

Hagz wrote: »
    Out-Halves
    Flankers
    Scrum-Halves
    Centres
    Wings

Thanks again.

So this game rated these players based on 2010 season AFAIK.
    I changed the rating for a lot of players, but some I left alone out of ignorance of their current form or in some cases (Hernandez) any knowledge of them at all. So I appreciate your help.

Hernandez - as I said I know nothing about him, thanks for the heads up, what should he be at you think? P.S. Cooper blows very hot and then cold.
    Elsom - thanks, didn't know his form since he left Leinster.
    Read and McCaw - will upgrade them both.
    Phillips - OK will lower him.
    Cowan - here is one that was rated highly for his club, wasn't on the international panel. I googled him, didn't know him. Anyway, I'll have to lower him so.
    BOD - :D as an interesting point, BOD was the highest rated player in this game (apart from Jonah Lomu on the All-Stars team) by default, which means that New Zealand developer Sidhe had him as the best player in the world :D Not anymore unfortunately so I lowered his stats.
    Mortlock - same as Cowan above ^^
    Hook - I will lower
    Nonu - I will increase

Thanks a mill :D

CatFromHue wrote: »

I'd have Read up there at the top with Carter to be honest and Spies much lower down.

Rocky Elsom on current form shouldn't be on the list at all either, neither should Jimmy Cowan.

Hey, thanks!! :D

I will upgrade Read (not to 92 though!)
    Spies will be lowered.
    Elsom - didn't know his form since he left Leinster.
    Cowan - he was rated this high in his club but I know nothing about him - will be lowered...

Any players I have left out??

Think of top 50 rugby union players in the world....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hey when you finish it can I import you work onto my PS3 as a save file? I've often tried to do this level of editting myself but it takes far too much time!

I defo don't think SBW should be that high btw. He'd be an 83 for me. And Bowe is too high for me also.

Probably not enough Welsh players in there. Tupiric and Davies should probably be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Phillips should be around 81.

Hougaard of SA is a far better scrum half.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Hey when you finish it can I import you work onto my PS3 as a save file? I've often tried to do this level of editting myself but it takes far too much time!

I defo don't think SBW should be that high btw. He'd be an 83 for me. And Bowe is too high for me also.

Probably not enough Welsh players in there. Tupiric and Davies should probably be in there.

Ya, sure dude.

OK so 90 is high for SBW, but in a computer game like this you often need to exaggerate in order to see a discernible difference! I can lower him a little maybe.

As for the Welsh players, I'd have those two in or around 85. Don't really think they deserve higher. But maybe if a few more voices say the same as you I will give in :)

emmet02 wrote: »
    Phillips should be around 81.

Hougaard of SA is a far better scrum half.

Are you having a giraffe?

Phillips is excellent! 81?!

New Zealand, for example, would be only delighted to have him on their starting team!

mystic86 wrote: »
    CatFromHue wrote: »

Hey, thanks!! :D

I will upgrade Read (not to 92 though!)
    Spies will be lowered.
    Elsom - didn't know his form since he left Leinster.
    Cowan - he was rated this high in his club but I know nothing about him - will be lowered...

Just realised this was my 1,000 post.. Go me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

mystic86 wrote: »
    Are you having a giraffe?

Phillips is excellent! 81?!

New Zealand, for example, would be only delighted to have him on their starting team!

There is absolutely no chance that New Zealand would start Phillips. They like quick ball scrum halfs. Their pack tie in the backrow, not their scrum half. They've unearthed a gem in Smith, and have Cowan (flaky) in reserve, and Weepu for when they've no established out half.

Phillips isn't even the best scrum half in Wales. He just suits the Welsh national side's gameplan better than a speedy passer. A lot of Welsh games have seen the backline light up when Knoyle has come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If Jimmy Cowan can get 50 caps then Phillips is worth about 80

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'd add
    Rob Kearney 85,
    Sergio Parisse 88,
    Gorgodze 82(for the craic of it),
    Stuart Hogg 82 (you'll have to edit out someone's name and replace with his)
    Owen Farrell 85,
    Richie Grey 86,

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Don't know how this passed me by, but Quade Cooper at it again, sledging Rugby Challenge as well as the Australian Rugby Football Union!

Link here.
    612081_217357_front.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Just beat a lad as Munster, 42-0, nothing on the board for Toulon!

Sherry 2, Murray, Laulala, van den Heever 2
    100% conversion by Keatley

Advertisement