Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snow poll

• 07-09-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

i heard that we have a hundreds of tuns of grit and salt for a possible freeze
    but who think we will hear these words
    "we could have never predicted the vast amount of the snow this year , and a result we haven't got enough salt"
    or some variation

"we could have never predicted the vast amount of the snow this year " 30 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 30 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I think the regulars here could never have predicted the number of snow threads during summer and now early autumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

bpb101 wrote: »
    "we could have never predicted the vast amount of the snow this year , and a result we haven't got enough salt"
    or some variation

I don't want to hear the word snow at any stage this winter. If it does show up, I will set the whole garden on fire to get rid of it. I absolutely despise that dirty white ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

hopefully the first snow arrives around mid october :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

The boards snow storm still hasn't eased up :rolleyes:

I'm starting to see snow threads even when they are not there now. For a minute I thought the title of the other thread said 'potential snowy weather in the north Monday 12th September':eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

or some variation

I don't think it's a case of if, I think it's a case of when. I'm going to be bold and suggest November 21st to 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Not wrote: »
    The boards snow storm still hasn't eased up :rolleyes:

I'm starting to see snow threads even when they are not there now. :

Just as long as you don't start dreaming about snow threads, or perhaps that is what's already happening :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

stevenmu wrote: »
    I don't think it's a case of if, I think it's a case of when. I'm going to be bold and suggest November 21st to 25th.

I presume you took a scientific evidence based approach to come up with that prediction. ;):D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Calibos wrote: »
    I presume you took a scientific evidence based approach to come up with that prediction. ;):D
    Absolutely, I performed a comprehensive and detailed statistical analysis of the colour of the sky this morning, the average direction any cows I saw were facing and the height of the grass underneath a willow tree. With that many data points I can't possibly go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

What snow :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

No offense, but I'm sick of these threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

My dad heard on Ireland AM or one of those shows this morning that they're predicting snow in the next 3-4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

stacexD wrote: »
    My dad heard on Ireland AM or one of those shows this morning that they're predicting snow in the next 3-4 weeks

Yes in the artic circle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

The media predicting the weather now eh, short memories, do ye not remember them predicting a great Summer, just next week.

There may be snow, I don't know, I do know the authorities are never and will never be prepared for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

What is with all these snow threads?? It's like everyone needs their fix of the white powder as we've gone so long without it. :pac:

I am now convinced we will have a horribly mild, wet and cloudy winter because we are getting our hopes up too much. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

hahahaa, we no by these threads all those who fell into the addiction of snow ( like i did 3 years ago! ) and those who now hate it haha...

"come on snow folks... lets make a weather SUB forum just for snow!! :D:D:D " hahahaha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭John mac

Christmas adds on the radio today ! :D:D:D

(i'm voting Atari Jaguar by the way )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

the only reason snow is such a pain in the backside to any one here is usually the local authorities are ill prepared to deal with it
    ....that and their mammies would let them out to play in it......:D

in the meadow we can build a snowman
    let it snow let, snow let it snow, let it snow

nothing beats the silence of a good snow fall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

DarkJager wrote: »
    I don't want to hear the word snow at any stage this winter. If it does show up, I will set the whole garden on fire to get rid of it. I absolutely despise that dirty white ****.

sorry to disappoint you but you think last winter was bad lol wait till you see this winters weather. as I said before my predictions weather-wise will be simular to the great Irish frost of 1740.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Don't know whether its significant or not but I have noticed all the small birds coming closer to the house looking for food.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Its very cold again this evening, gonna start up the fire for the first time in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Its very cold again this evening, gonna start up the fire for the first time in a few months.

Ah yeah, go on the weather forum and discuss the snow but where were you when you were needed most :mad:

The Rose of Tralee was nothing without you this year ye big miser :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭John mac

where are you ? the coldest place in Ireland as at 17:00 was knock airport and malin head 13 C :eek:

I live ~10 miles from the airport and its not cold here .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 HeresToArthur

or some variation

Well then, since we have loadsa grit, it's unlikely to snow ever again and its gonna cost the tax payer vast amounts of money to store the grit:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Ah sure there will be no snow in Limerick so feel free to visit this winter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Sorry, but what is the point of this thread? What exactly is the poll about? I assume by this year you mean last year's snow (November, December)? I made a point yesterday of stating that there were too many snow threads running and asked people to stick to the main ones. Then I see this one spring up? It seems everyone wants to be the initiator of a snow thread these days.

I'll let the poll go on another bit, though I'm not exactly sure what it will tell us.

Please, no more snow threads until the stuff actually starts falling eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

stacexD wrote: »

0321_el33.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

0321_el33.gif

the head on him :eek: in serious shock :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement