Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LG G3 Availability in Ireland.

Options
  • 20-06-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, I'm wondering if any of the networks will be bringing the new LG G3 to Ireland after EU release date ? It has great specs and small borders to which a fell in love :P ... I know Fonez in Galway is bringing it here but I would want to go for billpay though.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭aldeniro

Called to car phone warehouse and they are not going to stock it apparently. Anyone have an irish stockist listing or approximate price SIM free? Plus when is its irish release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

As of now, no Irish network has any plans to carry this phone. Don't expect that stance to change anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

this is about as good as it get of you like me "might" wanna get the G3 in the hurry all tho ill hold off just got the GFlex recently

LINKADOODLEDOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

None of the networks got the G2 either. Anyone know why?

supply and demand i reckon ...i was mad for the nexus devices and no one would get em in because Google only sold them as a affordable alternative to the iPhone and Samsung so they cant make money on them id say its the same with the LG phone's

i noticed few months ago Meteor got the Nexus 5 in stock and is dearer for the 16GB version than what i paid for the 32GB elsewhere

also they dont know what phones are cool :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

yfaykya wrote: »
    None of the networks got the G2 either. Anyone know why?

Lg decision. Not sure why but I'd imagine its a small market (compared to UK) and they would have been up against the galaxy s4, htc one and the z1and would've been a fairly low profile brand in Ireland.

Assume we can get from Uk ot Pixamania - Contacted pixamania.ie and they currently have no plans to stock either.

Hi,
    never heard of eglobal central before - Price looks ok relative to G3 spec.
    Anyone used these guys before to buy from?
    moggser wrote: »
    this is about as good as it get of you like me "might" wanna get the G3 in the hurry all tho ill hold off just got the GFlex recently

LINKADOODLEDOOOO

aldeniro wrote: »
    Hi,
    never heard of eglobal central before - Price looks ok relative to G3 spec.
    Anyone used these guys before to buy from?

Yep ive used em trice now got g2 and gflex from them and another order some folks had bad experience with em have a look through the g2 thread and you see what i mean

Cheers,
    saying 569, is there any VAT on that? - Also using Meteor here, assuming no issues with using in Ireland as it says sim free?
    Had the S3/S4 and very underwhelmed by the S5, you said you had the G2, how to you rate?

• Advertisement

desc on site is saying 2GB RAM - I though the 32GB model came with 3GB ram versus 16Gb which had the 2GB?

No there is supposedly no VAT.... with them the selling point of the site is that they say they have agreement with courier company that they grt away with the VAT ..but in reality they label the goods as camera parts or lithium battery which is totally mad cause if customs do nab it your in for a world of hurt.....now in saying all that they allegedly refund you the vat back if it gets nabbed and you do have to argue with them through PayPal to get it aaaaaaaaaand you do get back eventually tho so spose its upto you if ya take the chance or not but its not gonna put me off as ill get the g3 from there when i decide to off the g flex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

desc on site is saying 2GB RAM - I though the 32GB model came with 3GB ram versus 16Gb which had the 2GB?
    Read the specs, think this is the 16gb model, the main description is wrong. For the price too I reckon it's the 16gb. Maybe email them?

Yup - just did - Definitely want the 3GB version
    beardo81 wrote: »
    Read the specs, think this is the 16gb model, the main description is wrong. For the price too I reckon it's the 16gb. Maybe email them?

Anyone have any other UK based site offering G3 as well - Still amazed no main provider is Ireland is picking this phone up

beardo81 wrote: »

Think the 32gb is a must for this bad boy!!

Yup - just did - Definitely want the 3GB version

Wait till phone is on General release on the 1st july...i presume they are just working on a vague disription of the phone

Assume we can get from Uk ot Pixamania - Contacted pixamania.ie and they currently have no plans to stock either.

Expansys.ie will be getting it in.

Looks pricey in general?
    thomasj wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cheers,
    saying 569, is there any VAT on that? - Also using Meteor here, assuming no issues with using in Ireland as it says sim free?
    Had the S3/S4 and very underwhelmed by the S5, you said you had the G2, how to you rate?

The G2 is €300 euro on groupon, super Phone!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

yeah saw that deal - Great Value!
    The G2 is €300 euro on groupon, super Phone!

Looks pricey in general?

I presume that prices always tend to be crazy for preorders. They'll go down in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rhino507

I would never go to fonez the owner is the rudest man and doesn't deserve business!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Briksins

thomasj wrote: »
    haha the price is mad!!! who is going to buy it from them for such price?
    Amazon or eBay looks like solution so far, tho i dont like it! I want to see the phone in real, before ordering it.

Does anyone know any place where LG G3 presented physically?

as far as i know, ZERO irish providers (maybe with exception of fonez in Galway in a couple of wks) have this phone in store to test. There are some good general reviews online though with a few videos to reference
    Briksins wrote: »
    haha the price is mad!!! who is going to buy it from them for such price?
    Amazon or eBay looks like solution so far, tho i dont like it! I want to see the phone in real, before ordering it.

Does anyone know any place where LG G3 presented physically?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 qezep

I had a 32GB LG G3 delivered yesterday. All seems to be fine so far. I ran speedtest.net and got 6Mbps. Not sure what 4G is supposed to be but I'm happy with that anyway. I've gotten used to the size already. My galaxy s2 looks so claustrophobic now.

I ordered it from this site and it was delivered within 2 days handtec.co.uk . (The inc. tax price is uk tax and it changes to irish tax at checkout which adds another €40)

No adapter was included but they might throw one in, if you ask, as they do so for UK customers.

Just checking my ram usage and its 1.7GB!! So I'm pretty damn happy I got the 3GB version

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

qezep wrote: »
    Just checking my ram usage and its 1.7GB!! So I'm pretty damn happy I got the 3GB version

How much did it set you back and what website did you buy it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

handtec.co.uk - in my first post

€680 They have a fairly reasonable price for the 2GB version.

Id say you could get it cheaper on amazon.de but you cant order directly from amazon you have to click for the other dealers. Im not too fond of that. It worked out for nursewally tho

• Advertisement

qezep wrote: »
    I had a 32GB LG G3 delivered yesterday. All seems to be fine so far. I ran speedtest.net and got 6Mbps. Not sure what 4G is supposed to be but I'm happy with that anyway. I've gotten used to the size already. My galaxy s2 looks so claustrophobic now.

I ordered it from this site and it was delivered within 2 days handtec.co.uk . (The inc. tax price is uk tax and it changes to irish tax at checkout which adds another €40)

No adapter was included but they might throw one in, if you ask, as they do so for UK customers.

So are you going to be giving us a detailed boards.ie review?? :D

Advertisement