Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wanna know how big the tree was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Denny M wrote: »
    I wanna know how big the tree was.

I'm hoping massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Rumour has it it was this one
    general_sherman.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

DM-ICE wrote: »
    What happened?

Chris Masters went a bit chuck Norris, uprooted a tree and used it as a battering ram to save his mother from a house that a crazy neighbour set on fire.

Would have been excellent as an attitude-era angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

G'wan the Masterpiece!!

In other news - Our boy made the Extreme Rules poster 2013

extremerules_zps1af3582a.jpg

They are making that HIS poster it seems!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

UFC Tonight created this:

Ck9cLFE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If he held the arsonist guy in the master lock until the cops showed up it'd be the best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I know Dana has much respect for Vince. Would love to see him get somewhat involved sometime. I know Dana more than likely "gets" WWE and he wouldn't be afraid make fun of the whole affair with a tongue firmly in cheek. I'd put him on par with the likes of Trump in a celeb getting involved that would more than likely be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Hulk Hogan Says He Changed WrestleMania Match With The Rock On The Fly
    In an interview with Fighting Spirit Magazine, Hulk Hogan sheds light on original plans for his match with The Rock at Wrestlemania X-8 in 2002.

“Out of respect, I go down there (to Miami), and there’s me and The Rock and his dad Rocky Johnson, and Pat Patterson,” said Hogan. “The Rock starts telling me that we’re gonna lock up, and do this and do that, then start getting some heat on me, and so on. So he talked through the whole match, and I was listening. I respect him, and it kinda made sense, but I’d never done that before. Then they go, ‘Okay, let’s have the match here.’ I said, ‘Whoa! You’re talking about me taking bumps in this ring, with no people? I’ll get hurt, and if I fall wrong one time, then my career is over.’ I’ve got to have the energy of the crowd, so that when I go down, I go down to the mat hard. So instead, we just walked through the match."

Hogan was depicted as the heel going into the match due to his affiliation with the New World Order, and because of his acrimonious departure from WWE years prior. The audience, however, didn't care that Hogan was portrayed as a villain by WWE, instead cheering the wrestling icon and reigning a chorus of boos toward The Rock. Hogan says he had the match changed on the fly due to the crowd reaction.

“The whole issue I had was what if we got to Toronto, and this doesn’t work? So sure enough, when we go to Toronto, I give The Rock one big push, and the place explodes. Then I pushed him again, as we planned, and the place explodes again. [WWE] thought I was gonna get booed. Then I start chopping meat on him, and with every hit the place is going crazy. Then I did what was planned, blocking a punch, and as soon as he started hitting me came the boos.”

“I went down, and looked up and said, ‘You want me to fix this?’ And The Rock says, ‘Yeah, let’s fix it.’ I went, ‘OK, then listen to me.’ But it took him no time to get it right, because he is just so good in the ring. It took us three minutes to get it right, but if we’d done what we had practised, they’d have booed us out of the [expletive] building. I’m not saying I could do it in every instance, but The Rock is so good, we could do that. The Rock doesn’t usually talk about planning his matches, so somebody must have made him worry that I was too old and too slow, and that I wouldn’t be able to keep up with the work-rate. But once he got in the ring with me, he knew I had a feel for it, and we got it right. That’s what I wanted to do with ‘Stone Cold’, and Bret Hart, too.”

More Hogan b.s, or some truth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'd say Vince was deluded enough to think Hogan would get booed.

They probably had the two plans worked out beforehand though with Patterson.

Even at No Way Out when the NWO opened the show they got crazy cheers, sure Scott Hall just had to say "hey yo" and the place went bananas for them. The crowd made that Hogan/Rock match, it was great seeing an entire arena full of 20 something guys mark out like kids again. The first time Hogan just shoves Rock on his ass and poses gets a bigger pop than some guys go their entire career without hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I think Rock/Hogan tends to get undersold on just how much it changed the business. It's obvious from the build that the 'E had no idea the amount of money in nostalgia, and they've been heavily courting that dollar ever since.

Good old TEFL:

http://www.youtube.com/hellojeank

Chyna's new career in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thats what I was thinking too. They worked out both scenarios and just shifted from plan A to plan B. Nothing was made up on the fly or anything like that.

Hard to believe it was 11 years ago now. I think exactly 11 years last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The fact that Hall and Nash came out at the end and Hogan and Rock fought them off together (with Hogan acting as a good guy) suggests that they had planned something before hand in case Hogan got cheered; as chopperbyrne said they probably had two endings ready to go depending on crowd reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Rock appeared on Leno a few days ago and never mentioned wwe or mania. Why would he anyway he's doing publicity for GI Joe and if he brought up Wrestling we might be reminded of Leno's stint in WcW.
    prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10030447.shtml

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Source: Rajah(includes video on their site)

Waco, Texas high school senior Andrew Billings has broken Mark Henry's state power lifting record. Billings lifted 2,010 pounds - including a squat at 805 pounds, a 500-pound bench press and 705 pound dead lift.

Henry's record stood for 22 years until this weekend.

Billings is only 18 years old and will be play football at Baylor starting next year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: Rajah(includes video on their site)

Waco, Texas high school senior Andrew Billings has broken Mark Henry's state power lifting record. Billings lifted 2,010 pounds - including a squat at 805 pounds, a 500-pound bench press and 705 pound dead lift.

Henry's record stood for 22 years until this weekend.

Billings is only 18 years old and will be play football at Baylor starting next year.

Now to wait till wwe try sign him ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Bring him in as Henry's son!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Good to see that Hand filled out as he got older.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The World's Second Stongest Man, Mark Henry. Finishing move World's Second Strongest Slam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Paul Bearer is the weekly Obituary spot on the Moncrieff show on newstalk. Should be a good listen. Sometime between 1.30-4.30 today.

Yes WWE has a Creative team. :eek:

- After firing Eric Pankowski a few weeks back, WWE currently does not have one single lead creative writer - they have approximately four, and Stephanie McMahon apparently wants more.

As noted, the guy currently replacing Pankowski is a guy that was hired by him as a VP in creative a few months back. He's now been promoted to Senior VP. Another writer is David Kreizman, a daytime Emmy winner, who was hired a few months back. Then you have Ed Koskey, who is RAW's lead writer, Dave Kapoor, who is SmackDown's lead writer and Ryan Ward, who works with Dusty Rhodes on NXT.

There's a running joke that many different people have different titles, the pay sucks for those positions and that within the past week, a few people asked for raises and were denied. "They have enough people to field a football team," it was noted by a source.

Source: F4Wnonline.com

X-Pac ripped his arse open doing a bronco buster and slapping into a turnbuckle at the weekend

http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/26/wwe-x-pac-anus-video/

Woulda thought Chyna's **** would have done that long before now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

krudler wrote: »
    X-Pac ripped his arse open doing a bronco buster and slapping into a turnbuckle at the weekend

http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/26/wwe-x-pac-anus-video/

Woulda thought Chyna's cock would have done that long before now :pac:

Not an ounce of subtlety there :pac:.

WWE finally realises the hash they are making out of Alberto Del Rio:
    Writer- Telenovela
    Job ID 2013-2566
    Job Location US-CT-Stamford
    Posted Date 3/26/2013

Overview:
    The Writer will be responsible for creative content and scripts of television content for WWE’s programming, developing story lines and characters that target Hispanic audiences.

full listing at https://careers-wwecorp.icims.com/jobs/2566/job

Senorspielbergo.jpg

"Senor McMahon es el diablo!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Paul Bearer is the weekly Obituary spot on the Moncrieff show on newstalk. Should be a good listen. Sometime between 1.30-4.30 today.

Anyone hear this? Any good?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement