Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football in Naas

Options
  • 18-05-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Moving to Naas shortly. Would like to sign up for a football (soccer) team for next season. Can anyone recommend some teams? Any astro games available?

Cheers,

WMJ
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

What sort of age group ? Could get you into ball this summer (summer league) if your over 35 :o
    Naas FC are fairly handy if your only a chap !

Either way, good luck with the move. You'll love Naas, it's a great town with a nice feel about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

The Kildare league play a summer season (March - October).

Plenty of clubs around Naas and the surrounding towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thanks guys, didnt realise it was a summer season.

Not a chap, not a 35's just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

stackerman wrote: »
    What sort of age group ? Could get you into ball this summer (summer league) if your over 35 :o
    Naas FC are fairly handy if your only a chap !

Either way, good luck with the move. You'll love Naas, it's a great town with a nice feel about it.

I'm desperate for some football this year and I turn 36 in a month! Any chance of you catering for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Drop me a PM with your mobile and I'll pass it on to the manager.
    This is my first year with them, nice bunch, no mouthing off, and good/decent standard.

Looking for a good keeper too.
    Lad doing it at the mo is good, but prefers to play out field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Marko16

Hi
    did u find anywhere to play?
    ive just moved to nass and want to play astro

tks
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mark2110

Marko16 wrote: »
    Hi
    did u find anywhere to play?
    ive just moved to nass and want to play astro

tks
    Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm looking at trying to start a team for leagues this coming winter would you be interested? Naas leisure centre are starting a league in January so far it's just me but I'm putting the word out, I only moved to naas 2 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

I would be interested in Astro 5-aside in Naas - any night but Tuesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 impala67

there is post up here looking for players to play the astro turf in newbridge tuesday nights

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brii_abhrii

Hi lads, I've been playing football for the last 9 years at an underage level but now I don't have any league to play in this season as the KDFL don't have a 19's league.

I'll start playing senior when the new season starts next March/April but until then I'm looking to keep playing ball each week. If there are any 5 a side teams who need a player at the Naas Sports Center astros or the 10 a side I'd love to join up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Monday Nights in Kilcullen: We've a game going in Kilcullen on Mondays (8-9) since 2003. Usually 6 a side (1/3 full pitch), sometimes even 9 or 10 a side (2/3 pitch) when the guys next door are short. Decent range of players (ability), mostly 30+ having a good kick around, PM if suits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gurry

hi there we play on a sunday morning in naas sports centre on the astro pitch between 12 and 1
    and you are wellcome to come along and anyone else interested. My name is Gerry and my number is <available by PM>.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Is it on the big pitch gurry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flo277

can someone help me???I moved in Naas 3 months ago and played professional football 10 years.Does anyone know a football club in Naas

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

flo277 wrote: »
    can someone help me???I moved in Naas 3 months ago and played professional football 10 years.Does anyone know a football club in Naas

Check out Redwood FC. Comes up on my facebook now and again, a friend of mine must play with them. No idea where in Naas they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Morno

If you are still interested on astro five a side on Tuesday nights in Red Lane between Naas and Newbridge sent me a pm as we are always looking for new players for a run around

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

flo277 wrote: »

There's a list of clubs here: http://www.kdfl.ie/Contacts.htm
    All the contact details and addresses are given

Advertisement