Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Where abouts roughly do you live in Dublin 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Anna, you were indeed lucky, thanks for the warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

I know, now I've about 4 bolts on each door, so lets hope if they do try it again, they wont manage to get in the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

Where about in Dublin 15, are you living ???

Close to the Falcons View building

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Anna23 wrote: »
    Where is that? Can you give us a Google Maps link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Anna23 wrote: »

Is this at the Crown Plaza?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Is this at the Crown Plaza?

Yes, falcon's View is right beside the Crowne Plaza

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

how is that castleknock?? thats blanchardstown right?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

BMollie wrote: »
    how is that castleknock?? thats blanchardstown right?

Nobody mentioned Castleknock. :confused:

EDIT: Ah, just spotted the OP's location. It could have been their location when they first joined and haven't changed it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

It's Castleknock West.

Anna's residence is down as Castleknock. Since when was Castleknock divided into North/South/East/West ??? Crowne Plaza address is definitely
    Blanch. Anywhere over the humpback bridge (at Canal) is Blanch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I jest of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

All if D15 is in the Barony of Castleknock :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

has there been more than one break in?
    I did hear that with the ressision in full swing that we should expect more break ins.

Oh I haven't had the time to change that, I used to live there 2 years ago, then moved closer to the blanch shopping center, its in Warrenstown to be more precises!

have to say I regret moving out of that place, unfortunately I cannot sell now, and get even closer to what I have paid here so I am stuck for a few more years, but just be vigilant please, as its very disturbing and upsetting when someone breaks in, thankfully they didn't manage to rob anything, not that there is anything to rob!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redsquirrel40

If anyone can help me with getting the contact details for this group or a similar group in the Littlepace /Deerhaven area, I would really appreciate it. Having a lot of trouble in the area and could do with a little help.

If anyone can help me with getting the contact details for this group or a similar group in the Littlepace /Deerhaven area, I would really appreciate it. Having a lot of trouble in the area and could do with a little help.

Might be able to get you some info...leave it with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redsquirrel40

BMollie, that would be great, would really appreciate it if you could.

• Advertisement

BMollie, that would be great, would really appreciate it if you could.

No probs...hope to get some info tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DAnlee

Anyone know what going on in Coolmine Station this morning? Guards and all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I forgot to buy a train ticket. It was quite unnerving to see a bunch of armed Gardai surrounding me shouting "Ticket! Ticket! Ticket!!!".

Seriously though, I didn't notice anything this morning when I drove past. Nothing on the news about it either, so I'm guessing it wasn't anything serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Aaron1

I forgot to buy a train ticket.

Yeah, I reckon that's more or less what it was. There were 2 ticket checkers at the entrance to the platform opposite the ticket office. One of them seemed to have "detained" a young lad (ie he was standing with his back against the fence and the ticket checker was standing in front of him) - a few minutes later 3 guards arrived and headed in that direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DAnlee

Thats crazy! Poor young fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Bit overkill isn't it, perhaps he was caught doing something else may pickpocketing, thinking about it the amount of people who must walk though the barriers with their bag open it's be a pretty handy spot if someone was trying to rob purses, phones etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

Has anyone in the Roselawn area noticed a lot more loud parties from about 11pm-3am lately? The kids are just getting louder and more disrespectful and it's causing me to wonder what they'll consider doing next.

(If this is not the right place for this post, please let me know.)

Perhaps it's just that house parties are more common now due to people having less money to spend in pubs/nightclubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

Gaspode wrote: »
    Perhaps it's just that house parties are more common now due to people having less money to spend in pubs/nightclubs.
    Yeah that might be. I may be making a big deal of it, but they wake me up almost every night. Should I call the Garda and let them deal with it? Do you think there will be any repercussions?

• Advertisement

Its only worth calling the Gardai if a crime of some sort has occurred. A party in the same house every night of the week probably constitutes an unacceptable nuisance, and could be considered breach of the peace.
    Is it in the same house(s)all the time? Have any of your other neighbours remarked on it?

Advertisement