Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Successful - post here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Can anybody who did the test in finglas tell me how accurate the routes on 4 wheel motor school are? He has 3 videos 2 go right and then left into the skinny road in Clancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JetJadore

The three point turn and reverse I done in Crozon, the hill start by the Graveyard :)
    Best of luck with the test, and let me know if you have any other questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 andym16

Ah perfect..ive been practicing there as well as other spots. Have a lesson tomorrow just to perfect everything but I should be fine and am fairly relaxed about the whole thing actually. On the day just have to not make any silly mistakes and I should be grand.

Ah perfect..ive been practicing there as well as other spots. Have a lesson tomorrow just to perfect everything but I should be fine and am fairly relaxed about the whole thing actually. On the day just have to not make any silly mistakes and I should be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Passed today in Tallaght.

Got a few Grade 2's on observation and footbrake.

Happy with the test overall - the time flew by :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Passed yesterday in Tallaght for my 2nd attempt, failed 1st time 3 weeks to the day.

8.25am test and was blessed with the weather - Reverse around the corner in Bancroft and Hill start/Turn in Tymon Estate.

Got 2 grade 2s - one for progression turning right and another for road markings - I overtook a bus that had just pulled into a stop outside the entrance to the BasketBall Arena and drove on the hatch markings, bit of an odd mark down....anyway I passed so that's all that matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Pov06 wrote: »
    Passed today in Tallaght.

Got a few Grade 2's on observation and footbrake.

Happy with the test overall - the time flew by :)

Congrats!

How quickly the test flies by really surprised me, you're on your way back to the centre before you even know it.

My tester was a very relaxed easy going fella which I found great.

Best of luck to anyone doing the test soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Passed today in Galway on my second attempt. Test was early in the morning so was terrified of early morning traffic in case people late for work decided they wanted to cut in front of me or do other things that would throw me off!

Did it in my own car this time and it was so much easier because I was so used to it. Good luck to anyone doing their test any time soon, was such a great feeling when I was told I passed :D

Passed today in Sligo. First attempt at it too 😠lots of traffic due to roadworks and a rainy day to top it off

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JetJadore

Well done!!! :) I was wondering about you and how you got on :) It was a miserable ould day weatherwise here in Sligo.
    CONGRATS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 jamesol

Passed in Naas yesterday.. Yeessss! Did the test at 9.15, thank god the morning traffic had calmed a bit by that time. Made a few mistakes (5 grade 2's) but passed so happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

jamesol wrote: »
    Passed in Naas yesterday.. Yeessss! Did the test at 9.15, thank god the morning traffic had calmed a bit by that time. Made a few mistakes (5 grade 2's) but passed so happy out!

Which tester did you get? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Didn't think I would be posting in hew today.
    3rd time lucky in Rathgar at 11 this morning. Hardly any traffic and the sun wasn't too low.

I made a few mistakes with junctions andwas a bit jujumpy on progress. All down to nerves. I cut out when I was pulling in at the end of the test.

I was convinced I bumped the kerb in the turn about. Either I didn't or it was to slight that he didn't notice.
    I saw him tapping the I pad loads of times turns out they were mostly grade 1s

Got 7 grade 2s and 10 grade 1s. I actually said 'Seriously?' when he gave me the COC to sign. And then I started crying :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I cannot believe I passed first time! I got 7 Grade 2s which isn't the best but most definitely not the worst!

My worst area was turning left, somehow. I also thought I messed up the reverse about but I didn't, just hit a drain. I have been struggling with the reverse around the corner the last few days but perfected it today! My observation (on the reverse) was worse than usual and that brought me down, along with my hesitation.

Thanks to everyone who contributed throughout this thread, it really helped me through the test! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

BE test this morning. 2 grade 1's, 0 grade 2's and obviously 0 grade 3. First time at this test.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Just passed myself after what i thought was a definite fail.

I stalled the car at the top of a hill, but never rolled back, so maybe thats what got me a grade 2 for clutch rather than an automatic fail. That was my only mark, only the one grade 2. I could see him tapping away at his tablet a lot of the time i was driving, mainly thinking what more did i do wrong that he was marking me for. It was my first time on the test, and while im not a nervous driver, when i started off on the test i couldnt stop my left leg from shaking, which probably didnt help for the stall on the hill. The stall actually relaxed me and everything after that was a chore to me, because i was more thinking about how id get the near 200 euro to sit the test again using testers car and booking the test again, and would i get the same fella again or would i rather a different tester. But in any case it all came good for me in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Passed in Rathgar, first time. 3 Grade twos. Went straight to the NDLS centre and licence on its way soon. Thrilled!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 harpy87

Long time lurker here but wanted to share - passed my test today in Rathgar, second time 2 grade 1's, delighted! First time I couldn't complete the reverse around the corner [came around too fast and was flush with the kerb and couldn't fix it out of panic and busy roads], then did a super dangerous right turn straight after, so I was bag of nerves this time. Didn't help that my appointment was deleted off the system because the RSA claimed I'd rang in and cancelled my test!! [I definitely did not..] Luckily it was all sorted, and a after a false start we got going. Going to the NDLS centre first thing tomorrow morning to get a walk in appt. Found this forum super helpful - thanks to all the posters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

harpy87 wrote: »
    Long time lurker here but wanted to share - passed my test today in Rathgar, second time 2 grade 1's, delighted! First time I couldn't complete the reverse around the corner [came around too fast and was flush with the kerb and couldn't fix it out of panic and busy roads], then did a super dangerous right turn straight after, so I was bag of nerves this time. Didn't help that my appointment was deleted off the system because the RSA claimed I'd rang in and cancelled my test!! [I definitely did not..] Luckily it was all sorted, and a after a false start we got going. Going to the NDLS centre first thing tomorrow morning to get a walk in appt. Found this forum super helpful - thanks to all the posters!

Might have seen you there!! Congrats

You too! Well done! Let's hope we get our licences soon. Shame about the N-plates though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Passed last Wednesday in Rathgar! Second time! Hadn't driven after my first failed test for 2 years and got back into it 2 months ago, shocked I passed to be honest :D I have an appointment in NDLS tomorrow at 1.45pm, any idea how long the process takes? Need to be back in work by 2.30.

I have an appointment in NDLS tomorrow at 1.45pm, any idea how long the process takes? Need to be back in work by 2.30.

It's very speedy. I went in a few months ago to get my learner permit renewed and they called me earlier than my appointment time so maybe get there 15 minutes early in case they can see you ahead of schedule. They're very strict about having all the correct paperwork so triple check everything. I went in last Saturday to apply for my full licence as a 'walk in' and was seen within 20 minutes - the actual process takes less than 10 minutes. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

harpy87 wrote: »
    It's very speedy. I went in a few months ago to get my learner permit renewed and they called me earlier than my appointment time so maybe get there 15 minutes early in case they can see you ahead of schedule. They're very strict about having all the correct paperwork so triple check everything. I went in last Saturday to apply for my full licence as a 'walk in' and was seen within 20 minutes - the actual process takes less than 10 minutes. Hope that helps!

Cheers thanks, I won't get there 15 mins before hand but will get there a bit earlier (only get my lunch from work at 1.30ish and it's a 10 min walk).

Double checked my paperwork and got my mam to check it too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Passed in Raheny, cannot believe it I'm so delighted!

The guy really put me off at the very start saying that 3:30 was too late for a test and that if it got dark the test would have to be stopped, so anyone doing a test later in the day get there really early!

I got into the car thinking he'd already made his mind up and I'd already failed, and was super nervous, got to the Raheny junction and fear stuck - i didnt edge out past the line, the guy was such a gent he just said to me it was obvious I was nervous calm down I'm not here to bite ya. After that I was fine, in total 3 grade 2's - 2 on progress one on my reverse which swung a little wide.

I got some intensive lessons before the test and spent 3 days really working on coasting/position on turns, the guy who did them cured few bad habits i'd built up and the even better result is that I'm a much better driver, if anyone want's his name give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Delighted to say that I passed the test this morning in Wilton. I had been putting it off for ages as my nerves wouldn't be the best under exam situations. But as my learner permit would expire in March I had to pluck up the courage to finally do it.

I was delighted that the estate where the tester got me to due the reverse around a corner was the spot where my instructor had brought me two days earlier for my pre-test.

I drove home smiling like a Cheshire cat and I've booked my appointment with the NDLS centre for Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

Just passed in Galway this morning! Absolutely delighted.

1 Grade 1 on Moving off (Probably nerves at the start)
    1 Grade 1 on Overtaking. DAMN CYCLISTS. :P
    1 Grade 2 on changing lanes.

2 Grade 1 and a Grade 2 on Gears (I'll take the hint there and practice my gears)

That was it! Guy seemed nice enough to be fair!

Got stuck on one sign question. Not sure if I got it right in the end of if he just let me off with one!
    Regardless, I passed so I couldn't give a fiddler :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Passed with quiet a lot of faults.
    7 in total
    Reaction to hazards, passing to close to a stationary vehicle, right turn, coasting on clutch, fault on the reverse and observation.

Had a great instructor recommended to me from here, will pass on this thing he mentioned since it was bad weather be ready to hop into the car really quickly at the start of the test and show the tester your indicators work and brake light works, also since the bonnet is not being lifted be ready to answer questions about tires, brakes, brake lights and hand break.
    And remember your internal hand signals for facing a Garda

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Passed on the second try. First time I got 10 blues. This time I only got one (used the wrong indicator approaching a roundabout)

Fairly delighted as had resigned myself to being someone who took a fair few trys to pass it.

Thanks for all the help everyone, this thread was a huge help.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Passed yesterday - so happy :D Was taken out on the dual carriageway and all, which is odd for my test centre. So happy I don't have it hanging over me any more :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 johnpd82

passed my c licence test today in nass. 3rd time lucky.couple of grade 2s . observation and gears. tester was sound. some small conversation . after the test was all chat and congragulated me . then wished me the best for the future. absolutely delighted.

Advertisement