Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daario Naharis

• 14-05-2014 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Who is better as Daario Naharis?
    Huisman or Skrein?

Who is better as Daario Naharis 48 votes

Michiel Huisman
    0% 0 votes
    Ed Skrein
    100% 48 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

I prefer Huisman way, way more. Old Naharis was basically He-Man. Nothing wrong with He-Man, just does not suit Naharis' character. Though he did have that big of swagger from the books which I miss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Old guy looked like his face had been melted by dragons. New guy is handsome. No contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Old guy was a quick guilt shag, new one is a keeper

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Prefer the old one because I disliked him immensely, new guy is too likable for the role imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wispa9

Huisman, although the lack of blue hair is disappointing. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Old guy...he had the smarmy thing down. I always pictured the Braavosi as Mediterranean or Middle Eastern. New guy looks like he came from Westeros with Jorah or Barristan. Same goes for those in the Iron Bank.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Old guy...he had the smarmy thing down. I always pictured the Braavosi as Mediterranean or Middle Eastern. New guy looks like he came from Westeros with Jorah or Barristan. Same goes for those in the Iron Bank.

Isn't Braavos meant to just be the more northerly equivalent to Venice? That probably explains the lack of sexy tanned skin.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Isn't Braavos meant to just be the more northerly equivalent to Venice? That probably explains the lack of sexy tanned skin.

Syrio Forel in season 1 was bravosi, they set the precedent with him imo so I found it a bit jarring when the iron bank all had "westerosi" accents.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Syrio Forel in season 1 was bravosi, they set the precedent with him imo so I found it a bit jarring when the iron bank all had "westerosi" accents.

I was also disappointed by Hizdahr's impeccable "Westerosi" accent. In the books don't Dany and the slavers speak in Valyrian to each other or am I wrong? Either way, I always imagined the nobles of Slavers Bay (and the denizens within in general) to have much more rough, guttural accents, Common Tongue or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I find Ed Skrein way better, really upset about it tbh! :(
    The role suits him way better, if you know the books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

turnikett1 wrote: »

I always pictured it more like Morocco.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I thought the original was an appalling actor, had a constant smirk and I'm not buying it as a form of cockiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I'm a bit torn.

The old guy was a bit "flat", but you could imagine him being fairly bada$$ with the sword.

The new guy is more engaging. Its easy to believe the mild flirtation between himself and Dany.

I think if the new guy was a bit bulkier I'd be happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Huisman definitely. Not only does he fit the character better but he's a great actor. His accent is quite strong in real life but he manages to sound convincing in GOT, Orphan Black and Nashville despite each character being from a different place. Something that should be expected from an actor I know but when you consider Nikolaj still sounds Danish four seasons in, and how awful Aiden Gillen sounds in general, it makes you appreciate it more when an actor can pull off a convincing accent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Old guy reminded me of Fabio.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I always pictured it more like Morocco.

I always had Dorne as being like North Africa, Braavos was Venice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I always had Dorne like southern Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Definitely the original guy, he came off as a cocky smug fecker, which is exactly what was required. He also looked a bit "exotic" whereas the new fella just looks like any common sellsword and is coming off a bit too emphatic for me.

I don't like re castings at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Shortly after the reconquista though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

well, there was a bit of confusion about where Bravos actually was for me until they finally added it to the map in ADWD, its basicly due east of the Vale.

the reason there are so many ethnicities is that it was the first Free City of Essos, and as such had a diaspora of many who fled the Valyrains.

I always imagined Dorne as either on the Med or somewhere like Mexico, warm sunny climate with spicy food and Spicier Wimmins ;)

Sothros is the one that gets me though, they have an entire unmapped continent just sitting there, I'm sure there are very valid reasons why no one ventures that far south in the same way no one goes very far north

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

The new fella has no charisma at all. Just another random buck that looks like an extra.

The other fella looked how I pictured him in the books.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

joe123 wrote: »
    The other fella looked how I pictured him in the books.

Really? :pac:

xMZgY5x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

The Master wrote: »
    Really? :pac:

xMZgY5x.jpg

Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Daario is supposed to be good looking. I'm a heterosexual male but even I know Skrein was a skuzzbucket. He annoyed the hell out, far too sleezy. Dany has to believe that Daario actually cares for her and Skrein is just too slimy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

I thought skerin really captured the essence of dario much better than the new fella, granted I would like to have seen more colourul beards and the like, but the arrogant swagger was more pronounced, and that is how I pictured dario.

not some soppy romantic who brings flowers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not sure which is which, all I know is I don't like either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Daario is supposed to be good looking. I'm a heterosexual male but even I know Skrein was a skuzzbucket. He annoyed the hell out, far too sleezy. Dany has to believe that Daario actually cares for her and Skrein is just too slimy

Because she's known for her good decissions? He was really sleezy in the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Definitely Huisman. Disliked the other guy since he came up. Surfer dude more like.
    Looks like producers may shoot Dorne's part in south Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I always lliked Daario in the books … possibly because he was the most interesting thing in Meereen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

The new guy is dreadful imo. Its like a new character entirely in my mind. 99% of the time I wasn't going to be happy with whoever was recasted considering how well Ed Skrein presented the roll. They could have at least got someone who looks a little similar.

Advertisement