Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cool Things, Pictures, Media and so forth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I was hoping it would be Barry doing the duel :(

Actually me too, sorry, in my annoyance over cast changes I forgot that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Looking good but there looks like there are more changes! Just hoping it doesn't stray away from the book too much!
    Looks like Daario is the one doing the duel for Dany as he's the only one not there before you see the horse charge and we know Strong Belwas isn't in it

Shadow over King's Landing....

nerdgasm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

quad_red wrote: »
    Shadow over King's Landing....

nerdgasm.jpg

Serious Spoiler:
    Thats misleading as ****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Korvanica wrote: »
    Serious Spoiler:
    Thats misleading as ****

Yeah. I thought that too but then there looks like scenes
    of Dany's problems with the Harpies (Was that what they were called?) Looked like someone was being attacked. Could be episode 10 I suppose. (I'm assuming episode 9 will involve a certain person and a crossbow). But I'm just wondering are they going to truncate Dany's timeline. Would make sense TV-wise as otherwise people would get pretty bored with her for a full two seasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Was the actor playing Daario changed because of fan pressure or what the hell?

Non-book readers will struggle matching up the characters imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I don't know why. I'm wondering how it will be handled, will we just see the new character and no reference to his change of appearance? It worries me particularly in light of how they showed us Jaqen H'ghar physically change into a different person, so will people somehow associate Daario with that kind of magic?

But I don't see how they can reference the change. Not good to replace characters like this though IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think it was down to a scheduling conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Korvanica wrote: »
    Serious Spoiler:
    Thats misleading as ****
    it may be a tricky flashback/interstisial, where one of the characters discusses the old targaryans, maybe someone describing the queens castle and grant to the nights watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Arya scenes in Iceland (i.e. north of the wall!!) WTF?!

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote: »
    Arya scenes in Iceland (i.e. north of the wall!!) WTF?!
    Not necessarily. It's not all snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Gbear wrote: »
    Not necessarily. It's not all snow.

It's not but it seems a bit of a trek to take if you're not going to use it to the fullest. Why not stay put?

It's not but it seems a bit of a trek to take if you're not going to use it to the fullest. Why not stay put?
    Perhaps for logistical reasons? I think I recall seeing a fan photo of the Hound at a village set in Iceland. Clegane and Arya stayed at a village in the North prior to their stand off in the inn. Filming could have wrapped in Northen Ireland and the final scenes including these characters moved on to Iceland. It would also be possible to film outdoor scenes in a North where winter is finally coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

New deleted scene from season 3, featuring Tywin and Grand Maester Pycelle

DVD extra for season 3 released. The historic battle where the Unsullied defeat an attack from the Dothraki.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

He's a big one!

p9X5uYc.gif

New trailer for Season 4
    White Walker ???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

That just made me think;

'There's important stuff going on here so could ya fcuk off Dany..thanks'.

At least there was some Stannis this time.
    I liked the bit of misdirection with Jon saying 'he was betrayed by his own men' and cutting to 'all we can give him now is justice'..I imagine the non readers will take that to mean Robb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

re. the new trailer...
    about 1.07 in, shae on the bed, death scene??...

• Advertisement

Blay wrote: »
    That just made me think;

'There's important stuff going on here so could ya fcuk off Dany..thanks'.

At least there was some Stannis this time.
    I liked the bit of misdirection with Jon saying 'he was betrayed by his own men' and cutting to 'all we can give him now is justice'..I imagine the non readers will take that to mean Robb.
    I presume he's referring to Mormont?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Gbear wrote: »
    I presume he's referring to Mormont?
    Yeah that seems to be it. Shows Jon going through the wall and doing a bit of fighting in what looks like Craster's keep so I presume they go back to kill Rast etc..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Danaerys painting I saw on reddit: NSFW/Nudity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Nerdlingr wrote: »

They should have an odd one out of Hodor, that just says Hodor and not Valor etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    re. the new trailer...
    about 1.07 in, shae on the bed, death scene??...

Looking well in that shot!

Kunkka wrote: »
    They should have an odd one out of Hodor, that just says Hodor and not Valor etc :)
    HodorHodor.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ov3SMNt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just had a colleague ask me to send him on a copy of that pic after seeing it on my screen across the office!

Advertisement