Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

bodking wrote: »
    Just as a bynote how do i get the team choice picture posted on here ??

You could download gyazo and follow the simple instructions to get a squad image. Look on YouTube if you don't know how to use gyazo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭dahat

bodking wrote: »
    Hi

My team as it stands , i have untill tomorrow (11.30)to change things . After tomorrow im going 3-5-2 changing Teves for Torres.

Al-Habsi

Rafael - Distin - Coloccini

Kagawa - Dyer - Kacaniklic - Fellaini

Graham - Teves - Van Persie

Subs - Cech - Wilkinson - McCartney - Hazard

in the bank .07

Any tweeks/ideas/improvments would be great . Good luck to James123 and thanks to Kennyb3

Sell Cech for a lower rank keeper,way too expensive!;)
    Keep Tevez till he stops rising in price plus if Chelsea do sign a striker Torres will drop off in form once again,imo.
    Midfield somehow looks weak for a future 3=5-2 formation but cant quite nail why......

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

jebforever wrote: »
    You could download gyazo and follow the simple instructions to get a squad image. Look on YouTube if you don't know how to use gyazo.

Thanks
    dahat wrote: »
    Keep Tevez till he stops rising in price plus if Chelsea do sign a striker Torres will drop off in form once again,imo.
    Midfield somehow looks weak for a future 3=5-2 formation but cant quite nail why......

Im very new at this ( 1st season ) thanks for the imput.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

dahat wrote: »

It's because he should be playing 3-4-3 with that team not 3-5-2. Graham should start ahead of Kacaniklic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This weeks offering:

Begovic

Rafael / Zabaelta / Simpson / Demel

Michu / Pienaar / Bale

Tevez (C) / Graham / Van Persie (VC)

Subs: Foster / Kacaniklic / Cuellar / Hazard

Quite pleased with my squad overall now. I have enough in my bank to get Cazorla in for Bale when Arsenal's fixtures improve and swap Zabaleta for Lescott when he starts playing consistently.

Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Who thinks Torres will keep scoring? I sold him last week and dont know to buy him back or go for someone else. Have to ship Rooney asap

Berbatov??

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Dubstar07

Hi all,

Team for this week is:

Vorm (Begovic)

Rafael Assou Jagielka Briggs (Demel)

Kagawa Kacaniklic Pienaar Michu (Hazard)

Tevez Jelavic (Torres)

Happy with fwds and Gk's. Looking for options on defence and Kacaniklic.
    Have 0.2 to spend & Wc in play, after a disastrous start, normally wouldn't consider it at this stage :-(

Thanks, Dub

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Dubstar07 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Team for this week is:

Vorm (Begovic)

Rafael Assou Jagielka Briggs (Demel)

Kagawa Kacaniklic Pienaar Michu (Hazard)

Tevez Jelavic (Torres)

Happy with fwds and Gk's. Looking for options on defence and Kacaniklic.
    Have 0.2 to spend & Wc in play, after a disastrous start, normally wouldn't consider it at this stage :-(

Thanks, Dub

I be playing my WC this week also. I've built my team around RVP so I had to make some savings.

I went with howard rather than vorm & Swansea def (5.0) for jags, you would save 0.5m for more or less the same defence. Also I got gallas over Assou (1.5m saving given Kaboul is out for months)....it would give scope to upgrade briggs, demel & Kacaniklic.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Dubstar07

Thanks Warrior & best of luck, team could be this now:

Howard (Begovic)

Rafael Gallas Mertesaker Williams (Demel)

Kagawa Dembele Pienaar Michu (Hazard)

Tevez Jelavic (Torres)

Not convinced of Gallas though, nor Spurs defence on the whole
    Mertesacker would be benched this week
    I'll probably play a 4-3-3 for the next few GWs, so a cheap mid will not be so bad (Sterling could be an alternative to Kacaniklic, see how the game goes on Sunday)..

Gona sleep on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Should i use my wildcard?
    my team atm for tomorow is
    Friedel
    Walker Clyne Colocinni Zabelata
    Kagawa Dembele Noble Michu
    Suarez Tevez (C)

Subs: Federici,Torres,Hazard,Mariappa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Paully D wrote: »
    This weeks offering:

Begovic

Rafael / Zabaelta / Simpson / Demel

Michu / Pienaar / Bale

Tevez (C) / Graham / Van Persie (VC)

Subs: Foster / Kacaniklic / Cuellar / Hazard

Quite pleased with my squad overall now. I have enough in my bank to get Cazorla in for Bale when Arsenal's fixtures improve and swap Zabaleta for Lescott when he starts playing consistently.

Good luck everyone!
    Fair play nice team, i would not be complaining if that was my team. Zabaleta is sound for this weekend but i would be thinking about getting rid of him for next week because he is too risky now with the arrival of Maicon.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Should i use my wildcard?
    my team atm for tomorow is
    Friedel
    Walker Clyne Colocinni Zabelata
    Kagawa Dembele Noble Michu
    Suarez Tevez (C)

Subs: Federici,Torres,Hazard,Mariappa
    Your team could be better but i would not go using your wildcard. All your players will play except maybe Dembele who mite not start this week for Spurs. When your Chelsea players are back next week your team will not be too bad with 1 or 2 transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Opinions of this

Degea
    Henderson

Baines
    Cuellar
    Marisppa
    Clyne
    McCartney

Bale
    Kagawa
    Hazard
    Michu
    Sterling

Rvp
    Tevez
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

This is how i'm lined up this GW:

Jussi

Zabaleta ---Baines ----Hangeland ----Demel

----Dyer ----Cazorla ----Bale(v)
    Dyer

Tevez(c)
    Graham

This is my team now, planning to do

Deagea,henderson,clyne, to begavic,jaskelainen, mcauley or ridgewell in coming weeks and just rotate the goalies and defence and let my magic midfield and strikers rack up the points
    rsz_3untitled.jpg

Sexy isnt it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

It's identicle to my team if you swap a few defenders around. I get the impression all the wild card teams will look very alike with players rocketing in price over the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

FYI - Fergie mentioned De Gea wasn't in the team because he made a mistake last week, but that he would be back in a 'couple' of weeks.

So based on that we would expect to see Lindegaard next week. Although they did conceded twice to Southampton so its anyones guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

roryc wrote: »
    FYI - Fergie mentioned De Gea wasn't in the team because he made a mistake last week, but that he would be back in a 'couple' of weeks.

So based on that we would expect to see Lindegaard next week. Although they did conceded twice to Southampton so its anyones guess...

International break next week...

Ok this is what I think represents the best possible team you can get, the midfield and frontline takes care of itself with pog the permanent sub and an enabler but take notice of what I have done with my keepers and defenders, theres representation there of 7 different teams, all these teams are quite solid at home and offer good clean sheet potential ,so my strategy is to play the rotation came, it wont work every week but its better then buying expensive defenders who teams are conceding anyway and there also open to rotation

rsz_team_of_teams_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Still don't see how Kagawa, the joint 69th highest points scorer in the game, finds his way into a best possible midfield selection.

(Again, I rate the guy highly as a player but he's nowhere near a FF must have at the moment imo)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Just don't do anything this week, wait till thurs/fri week. International games in early Sept always end up in a couple of injuries.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Still don't see how Kagawa, the joint 69th highest points scorer in the game, finds his way into a best possible midfield selection.

(Again, I rate the guy highly as a player but he's nowhere near a FF must have at the moment imo)

Because he scored 17 goals in 30 games and won the German championship with Borussia dortmund last year, he scored a hattrick against Bayern in the German f cup final, the guys goals to games ratio is better than any of the other midfilders I have in my team, I do worry he will be played out of position at united though

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭miser44

Just used wildcard, what do u guys think

Jaas

Reid Cuellar A.Cole

Nolan Cazorla Hazard Michu

VP Tevez Fletcher

Subs: Foster, Guthrie, Clark, Clyne

Heard that Fletcher isnt 100% match fit but want him in before his price rises if it does

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

de Gea

Gibbs Lescott Cole

Dembele Hazard Dyer Sterling Ben Arfa

RVP Tevez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

new team, think i have everything covered with perfect rotation in defence and GKs

0ad2ca7a674bcee5b7b03288d5dfa819.png?1346784984

went with fletcher(and sterling) over yaya(and pog)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭dahat

To me S.Taylor offers far more than Coloccini,pretty good squad other than that and possibly Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

My current WC team

team_18.jpg

Any thoughts on how I could make some cash throughout the window? Was thinking of getting in Dembele but who to ship out temporarily?

Also, what are yer thoughts on Bertrand. Started 2 of the first 3 games, surely worth a shout?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Team below, wildcard played already and I've already used my transfer this week, transferred our Silva for Carzola.

Vorm.
    McCartney, Simpson, Bertrand.
    Kagawa, Carzola, Michu, Hazzard.
    Torres, Petric, RVP.
    Subs; Cerny, Barnett, Briggs, Kacaniklic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Deank wrote: »
    Team below, wildcard played already and I've already used my transfer this week, transferred our Silva for Carzola.

Vorm.
    McCartney, Simpson, Bertrand.
    Kagawa, Carzola, Michu, Hazzard.
    Torres, Petric, RVP.
    Subs; Cerny, Barnett, Briggs, Kacaniklic

Sorry to say but I think you are in a spot of bother with this team. Quite possible that some weeks Simpson will be your only defender playing. Also a good chance berbatov will play ahead of petric and kacaniklic not a guaranteed starter. Cant see Kagawa starting every week either which is all the more reason to have cheap subs that will definetly play. I would change bertrand and briggs as your next two transfers.

• Advertisement

darego wrote: »
    new team, think i have everything covered with perfect rotation in defence and GKs

0ad2ca7a674bcee5b7b03288d5dfa819.png?1346784984

went with fletcher(and sterling) over yaya(and pog)
    Nice team but as said already by dahat i would have Steven Taylor instead of Coloccini and Aaron Hughes of Fulham instead of Wilson because you already have Stoke cover in Begovic.

Advertisement