Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

According to this site, the game is set to be released: -

"exact time of release is 10am AEST (7pm EST, 1am GMT)"

Will you be downloading at 1am in the morning?

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I couldn't access the beta on the play store, as it said not compatible with any of my devices :mad:

Is it a clone of tapped out, or what's the story?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I couldn't access the beta on the play store, as it said not compatible with any of my devices :mad:

Is it a clone of tapped out, or what's the story?

The beta was only available in the states!

It similar style of play to tapped-out,
    check for YouTube videos of the beta to see what it's like.

Edit: looks like the beta videos where removed from youtube.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

corkie wrote: »
    The beta was only available in the states!

It similar style of play to tapped-out, check for YouTube videos of the beta to see what it's like.

Can't post an example because I'm typing this on my phone.

Ah that might be why it wouldn't work!

I can't find any gameplay vids unfortunately, just articles that EA are out in force to remove any gameplay vids before it launches!

I'll get it anyway in the hope that I can scroll from one end of my town to the other without it force closing a la tapped out style :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't know if I have the heart for this as well as tapped out.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭pedatron

Looks IDENTICAL to tapped out but needless to say i'll be giving it a go!

Ok, so how do I delete roads? :pac:

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Ok, so how do I delete roads? :pac:

I don't think you can. If i find out how, i will post it.

The game is pretty limited in how you can design it. Friends will have the same looking towns at the early stage of the game.

Cost of Clams in FG:TQFS

Screenshot_2014-04-10-15-57-24.png

Haven't bought any yet, and don't know if i ever will.

Cost of Coins in FG:TQFS

Screenshot_2014-04-10-18-02-29-1.jpg

I decide take the in game offer of coins and clams for $4.99 (€3.60 in Ireland).

I now have 135 clams and 2,383 coins.

I don't think you can. If i find out how, i will post it.

Haven't bought any yet, and don't know if i ever will.

I figured it out. If you go into the build mode and see the road icon in the top left, press the minus part of this icon and you get a delete tool. There's no visual clues that you have this active, but it does work :)

I do like the idea of the buy one get one free packs clams and coins, but I probably won't be buying any either :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

No way am I getting involved in this. Barely have the interest in TO anymore.

If your looking for friends, I created a Facebook Group :- familyguyfacespace where people can connect for the game.

It was created for the members of tapped-out.co.uk, and also a new site for this game : - www.familyguy-facespace.com

Important:
    If you are accepting friends in Facebook from this group. And are asked by Facebook if you know the person in real life, please answer YES or ignore the question.

It could cause problems for the person your befriending, if you answer NO!

Regards
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just got this game, found this thread right away :D Wonder will it prove as popular as Tapped Out. I'll give it a bash anyway and see how I get on.

Exclusive content for iOS users!

759530f925c808dc54a4d69da707e959_1024.jpg

I'm on android so didn't get this!

Anyone playing on multiple devices? I signed up on my iPad and created the account on it but when I try login on my iPhone I get a constant error message saying my details are incorrect, which I know aren't.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Anyone playing on multiple devices? I signed up on my iPad and created the account on it but when I try login on my iPhone I get a constant error message saying my details are incorrect, which I know aren't.

I have successfully played on two android devices!

I've it running on phone, tablet and bluestacks app player on pc.
    All running very smoothly too :)

Anybody with iOS running on multiple devices?

Anyone else here have the "Bruce" Glitch?

I'm currently locked out of the game because of it.

More information on it and how to contact TinyCo on familyguyaddicts.com

Edit: The "Bruce" Glitch seems to be fixed now, without needing an appstore update!

I've stopped playing for the moment. I changed my password last night to see if it would fix the multiple device sign-in problem I was having but now both my devices won't login. So I'm locked out of both. I created an account to sync my devices, what did other people use? Facebook login?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

I used my google account to login on both iPad and iPhone. Some gif not loading message comes up on the iPhone and it won't open now. iPad still working away without issues

10250233_10152100286601298_2355859047235600072_n.jpg

My town so far, not so bad since I was locked out of the game most of yesterday.

Screenshot_2014-04-13-21-23-05-1.jpg

Regards

John

received this from tincy, co when I emailed them on my Bruce issue yesterday. Social network will be discontinued for a couple weeks.

"Hi there! We have added a workaround for the Bruce Levelup issue. If you're stuck seeing Bruce, force close your app in order to clear the popups. This will get your game working again.

We tracked down the bug to an issue with Social and neighbor visits. To fix it, we will be taking down Social (invites and neighbors) for 1-2 weeks. Facebook Login will still work, but your neighbors won't be viewable until the next update.

HUGE thanks for helping us track this issue down. We're excited to see you back in game!

Bruce is very sorry."

Found on Facebook here

Also a post on familyguyaddicts about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Not at all a fan of having to use Facebook to get friends. Otherwise, I'm enjoying it but have only just started.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The game pushes just a little too much for the purchases for my liking, heavily weighting the stuff you need to do to unlock the characters as time goes on, with multiple rare and ultra rare items needed.

Not sure how long I will stick with it if it continues that way.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Not at all a fan of having to use Facebook to get friends. Otherwise, I'm enjoying it but have only just started.

Apparently this isn't permanent. Eventually you'll be able to add friends like in Tapped Out, or at least that's the impression I got.

I like that the premium stuff isn't limited time meaning it gives you a chance to actually save up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've just uninstalled this. It's pretty damned funny at times, but it's too focused on spending real money and I get push notifications telling me to play the game, despite having all notifications turned off. It makes it all more of an annoyance than a diversion like Simpsons Tapped Out is.

I haven't had to spend real money and am enjoying it more than Tapped Out. Just hope they fix the friends thing so you don't have to use Facebook.

Not sure if it's just me or if it happens for everyone.

I send everyone out on tasks and come back 12-14 hours later, but the tasks have only progressed an hour or two. Seems to happen regardless of if I leave it running in the background or close it fully. Anyone else get this?

• Advertisement

Just wondering if people are still playing and what stage are people at?

I'm at level 23 and in the process of unlocking Brian, with Dr. Hartman already unlocked in the Civic Center.

Headbands for Rambo Lois have been hard to come by, still waiting on 1 headband. But since I have collected all the bones for Brian, I am hoping the last one will drop around midnight.

Regards
    John

Advertisement