Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***** Santas Strike Force 2015!!! ***** BEASTY BONUS MODE!! (Details in OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Beasty wrote: »
    OK - this is only going to happen the once this year, and may be the last time I do it, ever....

I will match all (genuine) pledges in this thread between now and midnight tomorrow

There is a limit, but based on previous years I suspect it won't go anywhere near (If it does I may have to jump back in here!!!)

Beasty, if I come up with another donation by tomorrow evening, will you match that?

Had an unexpected payment come in from work and working out how best to spend it :)

Also does anyone know if SSF is a registered charity? If it is then any donations over 250 might qualify for tax relief unless the government did away with that!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stheno wrote: »
    Beasty, if I come up with another donation by tomorrow evening, will you match that?

Had an unexpected payment come in from work and working out how best to spend it :)

Also does anyone know if SSF is a registered charity? If it is then any donations over 250 might qualify for tax relief unless the government did away with that!
    Yes I'll match it assuming it does not take me over my predetermined (in my mind anyway!) limit

It's not a registered charity qualifying for tax relief. I've discussed it with DeVore previously, as I think it adds a layer of complexity/admin. Yes donations over 250 could then be grossed up, but it also requires anyone pledging to confirm their real ID (which can admittedly be done via PM) to match up with Revenue records - more admin which is probably disproportionate for something relatively small.

The way I look at it is anything the Revenue/Government have to stump up is diverted ultimately from services it provides such as schools and hospitals, or has to be raised via tax across a wider base....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yes I'll match it assuming it does not take me over my predetermined (in my mind anyway!) limit

It's not a registered charity qualifying for tax relief. I've discussed it with DeVore previously, as I think it adds a layer of complexity/admin. Yes donations over 250 could then be grossed up, but it also requires anyone pledging to confirm their real ID (which can admittedly be done via PM) to match up with Revenue records - more admin which is probably disproportionate for something relatively small.

The way I look at it is anything the Revenue/Government have to stump up is diverted ultimately from services it provides such as schools and hospitals, or has to be raised via tax across a wider base....

Ah cool, will definitely have a look to see if I can add a chunk more, won't be any massive amount mind you!

Fair points on the registered charity side of things, makes sense :)

Fook it, I don't need that fancy monitor I was thinking of.

And it's half of that unexpected payment.

Another €150 from me

Receipt 1746-7666-3138-8207

• Registered Users Posts: 30,003 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Another 30€ from me by bank transfer :)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We often use the charities registered number or VAT number if we are doing big purchases for them. Beasty talk to me again if that would make any difference for you!

This all saves us from having to do any costly audits etc and makes the books nice and easy. I have one account for SSF. Everything that comes into it, goes out in projects. Simples!
    (btw, there is a standing offer to any of the mods or Beasty to have read-access to the account. I send them accounting mails every whenever-the-fook-Tom-thinks-of-it-o-clock) :)

Anyway, if Beasty is doubling things, sure I might as well have a good meself. 50 from me Beastyboyo!

DeVore wrote: »

Anyway, if Beasty is doubling things, sure I might as well have a good meself. 50 from me Beastyboyo!

Genuine transactions only, post up your receipt boyo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭dmc17

€15 from me :)

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 7P753302K8754120S

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Will donate this evening once I get home. Just wanted to check, is it preferable to donate via bank transfer i.e. to avoid Paypal fees so more money for SSF? And if so, are these bank details posted last year still correct?
    BIC: BOFIIE2D
    IBAN: IE45BOFI90008465748028

Name: Tom Murphy

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

penguin88 wrote: »
    Will donate this evening once I get home. Just wanted to check, is it preferable to donate via bank transfer i.e. to avoid Paypal fees so more money for SSF? And if so, are these bank details posted last year still correct?
    Bank account means more goes to the slush fund children...

That's the correct bank account

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Bank account means more goes to the slush fund children...

That's the correct bank account

More slush is always better, and snow time like the present seeing as you're in bonus mode!

Transfer of €50 into the bank account from me, reference SSF penguin88.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Stheno wrote: »
    Genuine transactions only, post up your receipt boyo! :D
    hehehe, smartypants!!

50 donated

0U943229JE947410U

Fnck it, Beasty doesn't need all that dough. :)

Another 100 notes in.
    62918186R3839392B

Fnck it, Beasty doesn't need all that dough. :)

Another 100 notes in.
    62918186R3839392B
    You're right. It's been a lot quieter than I expected around here. Think a few must be suffering after their weekend XMas parties or Conor McGregor's early morning antics. I'll leave the matching pledge open another 24 hours - now closes midnight Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I don't get paid til next Weds :/ But obvs I'll be donating moar then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Another €10
    6G614171LT6088526

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

50 blips from me

Transaction ID: 40E02062NG903580W

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Fiddy.
    1NC70660006014221
    (sent a while ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sorry it's not more....15 lids

8G77142206650261P

To see some of the difference it can make... all the iPads seen in this video are from SSF.

If yer mans face at 22 seconds in isn't enough to convince you its worth it, I dunno what is :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

You just made a donation.

Receipt number:
    3456-4785-7826-4799
    Transaction id
    9GR21246HW8769611

€30 from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Since Beasty is extending the price match offer to end of day today, €20 donated:

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 24T60319MD366545N

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Having a disaster of a week but when you see the smiles on kids faces despite the real challenges they endure every day, it puts it all into perspective. :o

Tx No. 4JC49987JY252684X.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

To see some of the difference it can make... all the iPads seen in this video are from SSF.

If yer mans face at 22 seconds in isn't enough to convince you its worth it, I dunno what is :):)

I have to say the feelings after watching that video are immense.
    Thanks for organising the ssf each year. I love to see practical, tangible help to those who need it. ( it also makes me sad that we leave in a world where parents have to set up organistations to deliver the needs of their own and other children. But it's a better world because of those people and I hope people will always dig deep to help if it's possible) rant over
    Happy Christmas and I hope all your wishes come true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Sent €50 there

7BF67117RV286922G.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 midsker

Hey all,

I used to work for a charity which benefitted directly from SSF in December '13. Unfortunately I left the job before I got to see the direct impact of the donations but by all accounts from other staff, the donations made by yourselves have had a hugely positive effect on the lives of the kids we work with. Keep up the good work Boards!

40E from me.

You just completed your payment.
    Your receipt number for this payment is: 3211-8344-9208-2517.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

E250 for the Christmas kitty. Thank you to all the folks involved and especially to Beasty :D

52385402KB5129234

Oh, what the hell! - matching continues until midnight today, Wednesday:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Donated €30

4T353942HX4447532

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Oh, what the hell! - matching continues until midnight today, Wednesday:)

Good man! €50 via Paypal, ID 05942505P32516055.

Advertisement