Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***** Santas Strike Force 2015!!! ***** BEASTY BONUS MODE!! (Details in OP)

Options
  • 18-11-2015 3:12pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all!!

Its that time of the year again! Santa's on his way and we're back collecting cash for kids charities!

WHAT DO WE DO?
    We collect money from online donations of boardsies and I contact children's charities around Xmas and find out what "quality of life improving" items they would ask for from Santa! In the past we've bought everything as diverse as rocking chairs to Xboxes, go karts to kitchen tables.

HOW DOES THIS WORK?
    You donate money. I use it to buy these things. No one gets paid. 100% of your money will go to making life a bit better for these kids.
    Think of it as, you giving them a treat for xmas. I just middleman the whole operation and take the hassle out of it for you. (I still need your donation mind you!).

I'VE ONLY A FIVER!
    I've seen abused kids make a counselling breakthrough with 2 euros worth of finger paints. For 70 euro a kid can have a new 3D printed limb. When you strip away the overheads and costs of admin etc, you would be surprised how far your fiver can go.

I KNOW A KIDS CHARITY THAT COULD USE SOMETHING LIKE THIS
    Great, PM me and lets see if we cant work something out!

PLEASE DONATE!! Please encourage others to donate. Spread the word on all the medias of socialness!

On Boards you can use the tag [.SSF]write anything here[./SSF] (but without the "."s) and you will add our little icon! Stick it in your sig or in any post you want to!
    (I just tested it, so I know it works!! :) )

[SSF]LIKE THIS[/SSF]

Or Mobile users can click here

Every single penny donated goes into the projects for kids charities! A few quid can make a world of a difference!

I'll be back over the next few days to update you all on the various projects to date this year!

Finally, remember we are always looking for new targets! If you know a kids charity who could use some life-improving equipment then let me know!!

Edit: Beasty Bonus details, even the smallest donation can make a big difference now :)
    Beasty wrote: »
    And now for something slightly different.....

This pledge is not to do with how much, but how many.

So here's the deal:

I will pledge based on the number of unique posters (re-regs of someone who has already pledged don't count!), who pledge donations in this thread between now and the end of the year

10 pledges = €100
    25 pledges = €250
    100 pledges = €1,000
    250 pledges = €2,500 (we didn't get that many last year, so let's see if we can get the full might of AH behind the appeal this year)
    500 pledges - well you can probably guess:pac:

Happy Cyber Monday everyone

Another Beasty bonus running till midnight 14/12/15
    OK - this is only going to happen the once this year, and may be the last time I do it, ever....

I will match all (genuine) pledges in this thread between now and midnight tomorrow

There is a limit, but based on previous years I suspect it won't go anywhere near (If it does I may have to jump back in here!!!)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Stickied

[SSF].[/SSF]

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

With these typing fingers feeling nifty,
    And me not being of a disposition to be thrifty,
    To SSF I donate a fresh, crisp fifty,
    Unfortunately I can't think of anything else to rhyme with 'ifty' :p

Trans ID: 39H07503D9483990A

Happy Xmas everyone!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Only had a tenner spare for now so just donated that. Transaction 5M9921625H223430M

I'll throw in a few bob more when I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Woohoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

30 europeans just sent. Transaction ID 6U815687V01203842.

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    With these typing fingers feeling nifty,
    And me not being of a disposition to be thrifty,
    To SSF I donate a fresh, crisp fifty,
    Unfortunately I can't think of anything else to rhyme with 'ifty' :p

Trans ID: 39H07503D9483990A

Happy Xmas everyone!! :)

Your poem gave me a lifty :)

I know I asked this last year but where's the link to make a donatiin again?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Your poem gave me a lifty :)

I know I asked this last year but where's the link to make a donatiin again?

You have it in your sig :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Oooops lol.

But I can't see my sig using touch.

Roll on Friday/Payday

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Oooops lol.

But I can't see my sig using touch.

Well here you go ;)

[ssf].[/ssf]

Edit: just realised that probably doesn't work on touch

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Yip, doesnt work on touch. Perhaps someone would add a workable link for the touchy posters ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yip, doesnt work on touch. Perhaps someone would add a workable link for the touchy posters ;)
    D'oh... good point. Touch wasn't around when we started this (and now I feel old).

Will get a regular link asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Still rocking the Spin.ie email, most people weren't around for that either. :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I tried to remove that but its tied into the account and that's what caused the donations to be set to pending for a while, last year. I have to dig it out of the boards code because we've removed the ability for admins to create custom tags (afaik)!

I'll fix it in the new year :)

Ok, that mobile link works! *phew*

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Presumably the bank account from previous years remains open for direct transfers?

Yep, the very same!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,046 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Done! 5A307589XT051172R

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

50 euro sent Transaction 0680078256049880L

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

€50 from me too!

Trans ID: 5JN54311V68644241

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

€30 added to the pot.
    Transaction id: 4EP47606X6523754D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Currently on a ferry and a bit bored. Looking for something to keep me entertained, so let's kick this off...

€10 from me for ever pledge made in this thread during the course of today (including the pledge already made)

Currently on a ferry and a bit bored. Looking for something to keep me entertained, so let's kick this off...

€10 from me for ever pledge made in this thread during the course of today (including the pledge already made)

I'd love to be on a ferry....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I pledge €10.

I also pledge €10 :p

Furthermore, I pledge €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I think it's time we all acknowledge that Beasty is obviously the real Santa :D

Pledge €20

EDIT: TX ID: 1WM816696D760453T

Hmm... €10.

This is for your own good, Beasty.

Another €10.

• Advertisement

is that 3 different pledges?......from multiple personalities?

Advertisement