Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ride on - problem

Options
  • 12-05-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭

Was using the ride on yesterday and it cut out on me, got a strong smell of petrol and i discovered fuel coming up through the air filter compartment. Wasn't able to start engine since.

mower1.jpg

mower2.jpg

any ideas whats causing this??

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

fryup wrote: »
    Was using the ride on yesterday and it cut out on me, got a strong smell of petrol and i discovered fuel coming up through the air filter compartment. Wasn't able to start engine since.

mower1.jpg

mower2.jpg

any ideas whats causing this??

thanks in advance

Was it turned on its side ?

You will have to clean/replace the air filter and clean/replace the spark plug, its going to be all coaked up, thats why it wont start.

If it wasnt turned on its side it may be in need of a service and have the carbs balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no it wasn't turned on its side...what do you mean by the carbs balanced?

Advertisement