Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MMA League Galway Round 2 Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

bummer! but fair I guess - thanks for clarifying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mouthalmighty

Next League is sept 11 i believe.

I feel refs did a good job under circumstances of some crowd (that will remain nameless) screaming at every decision. League is no headshot fullstop. Accidental or otherwise. I can see it now a 14yr old going home with a broken jaw from a "proper" headshot. The liveline brigade would have a field day. It'd nearly end mma in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bres

[/quote] I feel refs did a good job under circumstances of some crowd (that will remain nameless) screaming at every decision.

It's so easy to slander a refs decision, and although i wasn't there i think everyone can appreciate the refs at the league were voluteers and were done it out of pure love for the sport. it's a tough job!

[/quote] League is no headshot fullstop. Accidental or otherwise. I can see it now a 14yr old going home with a broken jaw from a "proper" headshot.

Your dead right, it's no head shots full stop. But it's not just for physical injury reasons, accidents do happen. But you need people, not just teens, to be able to participate at an amateur level that states no head shots and not be worried about getting hit in the face. As i said accidents do happen but the shock can loose the fight for the injured party, as it can mentaly throw them off their game completly.

I'm not 100% on what rules were implemented on the day but i remember Mark in previously leagues stating that if you duck into a punch it's not the attacker at fault, but that again is down to the judgement of the ref.

Well done to all the lads that competed! and everyone who gave a dig out!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bres

man im such a noob not being able to quote properly...
    How embarasing !

Advertisement