Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

• 21-03-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭naughto

seeing that the last thread got closed ill start a new this time with tv shows

watched the pacific yesterday
    plan on watching the second ep to night.

also watched sherlock homes the last night

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

There's already a TV show thread, also I don't think IO would like you making a thread to replace one he closed >.>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Keep this thread clean or it will meet the same fate as the previous one.

That includes:

No advice on where to acquire copyrighted material via alternative means.
    No flaming other posters.
    No continuing with off-topic arguments after warnings have been given.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭naughto

it was closed because people where on about where to get torrents and illegal downloading if people just say what they watched and if it was any good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Watched the pacific myself all in 720p epicness. Should be seeing next ep tomorrow.

Still enjoying the office and also started watching extras.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Watched "Bowling For Columbine" again last night. Think I've seen it three times now. Still an extraordinary piece of documentary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Watched loads of Skins on Channel 4od the past while. Funnnn. <3 the first generation!
    Also loving Glee muchly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Watched loads of Skins on Channel 4od the past while. Funnnn. <3 the first generation!

+1, hadn't watched any of the third or fourth series, but over the last week have watched all the episodes, only have the last one to watch left.

Don't know how I hadn't discovered 4od until recently, so handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Saw Boondock Saints 1 & 2 over the weekend. Epic films. Was lolz at seeing Billy Connelly in them, was doing a serious enough character which is unlike him. Both films were epic. Also, epic lolz @ what the 3rd musketeer gets in the 'RA gun place in the 2nd film :D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I really want to rewatch the old X-Men cartoon. For now, I'm eagerly awaiting the next How I Met Your Mother episode, I'm way to obsessed with that show. I'm also going through all the old Disney movies. So far I have watched Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. Bambi is up next! :D

Harry Brown.
    Pretty damn good, seems a bit slow at first but then it gets excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Esmeralda Worried Freight

Watched "Bowling For Columbine" again last night. Think I've seen it three times now. Still an extraordinary piece of documentary.

Leftist propaganda! In fairness whatever completely legitimate beef people might have with him he does make excellent films.

I just finished watching series three of Mad Men, it's brilliant, can't wait for the next one! I really like series with slow, sustained narrative arcs, where when you look back you can see how it must all have been worked out beforehand, but when you're watching them they're not predictable. It's good just to watch as a piece of social history as well, apparently it's very accurate. It will make you want to drink and smoke though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

im after watching house season 1 to 6 over and over again the last few weeks. Electrician put a downstairs shower in me home and presumed my cable wire was not working so he cut it out of the way. Anyways. House is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

he good at taking sides alright. Cant stand that michael moore, think thats his name anyways. I agree with him but he only gives one side of the story.

seanybiker wrote: »
    he good at taking sides alright. Cant stand that michael moore, think thats his name anyways. I agree with him but he only gives one side of the story.

I see it the same way I see "Penn and Teller: Bull****" (Which I'm watching at the moment), it's funny and/or entertaining if you agree with it, it's insulting if you don't.

Thankfully there's a lot of stuff I agree with in both (and P&T at least openly admit they're not trying to be unbiased or perfectly accurate).

That said, haven't seen any Michael Moore in a good while, might watch it at some point and see if it's as good as I recall.

seanybiker wrote: »

Yeah I'd be a bit the same, as in I tend to be on the same side as he is on the issues he makes documentaries about, but I suspect that 99% of the people who watch them are as well. Preaching to the choir is no hard job. Still though, I think he's very good at what he does, and he does have some neck (that bit in Charlton Heston's house springs to mind).

What was that one he did on healthcare systems where he was going on about the NHS like it was some kind of Utopian set-up "they give sick people MONEY!", that definitely wasn't even approaching balanced, because I live close to the UK and know people who live there I could spot it as BS, so it kind of makes me wonder what glaring bungles I'm missing when he's talking about US/Canada matters.

Shoot, very off topic there, apologies mods!

Shoot, very off topic there, apologies mods!

Seems on-topic to me, perhaps a clarification as to what counts as "off-topic" in here could be useful (*hint*), since discussing a director and his stuff seems to belong

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Seems on-topic to me, perhaps a clarification as to what counts as "off-topic" in here could be useful (*hint*), since discussing a director and his stuff seems to belong

Yeah I guess, I kind of assumed the thread was just for saying what you'd been watching and if you'd recommend it. Ah I'm not even making sense

people should give there opinons on what the films/dir/actors/even the dude that makes the tea was like it ill help who are into certain directors/actors/dudes that make tea

naughto wrote: »
    people should give there opinons on what the films/dir/actors/even the dude that makes the tea was like it ill help who are into certain directors/actors/dudes that make tea

What?
    So in a film thread on a discussion board, it should be banned to talk about directors? That makes a lot of sense.. It's not like the director of a movie has a big influence on it or anything or have a certain style to their films.

kateos2 wrote: »
    What?
    So in a film thread on a discussion board, it should be banned to talk about directors? That makes a lot of sense.. It's not like the director of a movie has a big influence on it or anything or have a certain style to their films.

no it should not be banned how did u get that from my last post

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    no it should no be banned how did u get that from my last post

I just misread it and thought you were being sarcastic. Sorry.

no problem:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Gossip Girl is back so I'm watching that again. Have seen all of Glee so I can't wait for its return! I watch House every week and Desperate Housewives all in once go. I watch Skins, but only because I saw the last 3 series, this one really isn't much good, it's all "weh look at me I'm a teenager and I'm sooooo troubled weh", only have one more episode to go, apparently it's a crap ending!

I think I'll need a new TV series for the Summer, watched all of Veronica Mars last Summer and Dollhouse over the Christmas holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Pygmalion wrote: »

Seems on-topic to me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I absolutely adored this season of skins. ADORED it.

Didn't think much of three, but I just finished four and...wow.

Yeah I just watched the last episode last night, I thought overall the season was really good, but the ending was pretty disappointing, left too much hanging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I'm the same, I absolutely loved it:) Especially Emily, Cook and JJ's episodes. When JJ sang 'True' with the ukulele outside your one's house...<3
    kateos2 wrote: »
    Yeah I just watched the last episode last night, I thought overall the season was really good, but the ending was pretty disappointing, left too much hanging.

I know...I mean does Cook kill him or what? God I have major <3 for Cook,

"I don't think you know what I am. I'm Cook. I'm fookin' COOK."

I'd say the the new characters will comment on it somehow next season...I have a feeling Freddie's little sister will get the lead role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

For TV, I have mostly been watching Shameless (own series 1-6 on DVD, such a brilliant show) and 30 Rock (Tina Fey! <3) Also got first season of True Blood on DVD recently.
    I'm thinking of getting Twin Peaks next; never seen it but heard loads of great things about it.

Films I have watched this week include American History X and Sweeney Todd. Both brilliant. Also got Dancer In The Dark on DVD just because I'm a huge Bjork fan and she's meant to be really good in it. Haven't watched it yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

For TV, I have mostly been watching Shameless (own series 1-6 on DVD, such a brilliant show) and 30 Rock (Tina Fey! <3) Also got first season of True Blood on DVD recently.
    I'm thinking of getting Twin Peaks next; never seen it but heard loads of great things about it.

Films I have watched this week include American History X and Sweeney Todd. Both brilliant. Also got Dancer In The Dark on DVD just because I'm a huge Bjork fan and she's meant to be really good in it. Haven't watched it yet though.
    True Blood is amazingly addictive <3 It's soooo good :D:D:D

I watched ponyo and I loved it!!!! Its so artistic!
    And on tv im watching Full Metal Alchemist which im really enjoying and the start of Burn Notice :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'd say the the new characters will comment on it somehow next season...I have a feeling Freddie's little sister will get the lead role.

Karen is older than Freddie. Can't see them focusing on characters that are older than the current generation, since the series seem to end around GCSE results time.

Piste wrote: »
    Gossip Girl is back so I'm watching that again.

Gossip Girl <3 Never get tired of it, the storylines are (in general) still as brilliant as the first series.

Advertisement