Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

She has not been in it with a while, but i guess it was important to have her in it tonight, because of the story in which she buried Seth in the woods, for when it was learned that Mark was found.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sids Not wrote: »
    Poor old Betty didnt look well tonight...has she been ill...?

She lost weight

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

She didn't look well at all, her hair wasn't even looking well which seems to say hair and make up people left her alone before she went on set.

I think Cain in the end will help clear Ryan

I want someone to wipe that smug look of Nathan's face - It would be funny if Natasha turned it around and got Nathan done for killing Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I felt so sorry for Ryan!
    Does anyone know what happens????!
    I wish Cain would help! I feel so sorry for him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

My god, I hate Holly! She is such a brat, she needs a good slap :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Alicat wrote: »

Her whiny voice is very grating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

She Devil wrote: »
    I felt so sorry for Ryan!
    Does anyone know what happens????!
    I wish Cain would help! I feel so sorry for him!

Maisie finds some evidence on a mobile phone that clears him but Nathan and Mummy destroy it....I think;)

Alicat wrote: »

Plus the actress who plays her cant act

Emmerdale star Lyndon Ogbourne has announced that he is leaving the soap to pursue new projects.

The actor, who made his first appearance as bad boy Nathan Wylde in February 2009, will bow out later this year after choosing not to renew his current contract with the Yorkshire-based drama.

Reports suggest that, while Nathan's final storyline will be dramatic, the door will be left open for the character to return in the future.

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday about his decision, Ogbourne commented: "Emmerdale has been such an incredible experience for me and the final act of the Wyldes' drama will be so gripping. I've had great fun and learned so much from creating one of the most love-to-hate Emmerdale characters.

"But my personal ambition and excitement for future projects has led me to feel this is the right time to leave. But I believe this won't be the last you've seen of devilish Nathan Wylde."

Emmerdale's series producer Gavin Blyth added: "We will be very sorry to lose a character like Nathan from the show. He's really come into his own in recent months."

Ogbourne's news follows the previous announcements that his screen family members Alice Coulthard (Maisie) and Amanda Donohoe (Natasha) are also leaving the soap.

Since arriving on screen last year, the Wylde family has been at the forefront of the programme with a series of high-profile storylines. Their current dark plot - centring around the death of family patriarch Mark at the hands of Natasha - is expected to reach its climax later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Emmerdale star Lyndon Ogbourne has announced that he is leaving the soap to pursue new projects.

The actor, who made his first appearance as bad boy Nathan Wylde in February 2009, will bow out later this year after choosing not to renew his current contract with the Yorkshire-based drama.

Reports suggest that, while Nathan's final storyline will be dramatic, the door will be left open for the character to return in the future.

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday about his decision, Ogbourne commented: "Emmerdale has been such an incredible experience for me and the final act of the Wyldes' drama will be so gripping. I've had great fun and learned so much from creating one of the most love-to-hate Emmerdale characters.

"But my personal ambition and excitement for future projects has led me to feel this is the right time to leave. But I believe this won't be the last you've seen of devilish Nathan Wylde."

Emmerdale's series producer Gavin Blyth added: "We will be very sorry to lose a character like Nathan from the show. He's really come into his own in recent months."

Ogbourne's news follows the previous announcements that his screen family members Alice Coulthard (Maisie) and Amanda Donohoe (Natasha) are also leaving the soap.

Since arriving on screen last year, the Wylde family has been at the forefront of the programme with a series of high-profile storylines. Their current dark plot - centring around the death of family patriarch Mark at the hands of Natasha - is expected to reach its climax later this year.

:D Good Good. I never liked that family. 2 down, 3 to go (well i could cope with Will as he's never really in it that much)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

All that family must be leaving! Nathan, Masie, Will and their on screen mother (I can't think of her name!) are all leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Im guessing the Mam and Nathan get sent down and the other two leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

zimovain wrote: »
    oh dear god i hope so, they are so bloody annoying, her voice grinds my gears all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Her tough, stringy, sinewy arm muscles are enough to grind my gears!

zimovain wrote: »

I think Natasha does a runner and Nathan gets sent down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Natasha does a runner and Nathan gets sent down

Good for Nathan. Justice will prevail:p

• The actor who plays Nathan has warned of darker scenes for his character. So dark itv may warn viewers??? they cant be that bad??

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a271001/ogbourne-emmerdale-scenes-get-darker.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

for some reason emmerdale is now reminding me of macbeth with all the scenes of worry etc :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

On another note, I'm really annoyed about Carl getting together with Eve. I thought after all the crap he went through with Lexi, that him and Chas were the real deal and the writers of Emmerdale would just leave well enough alone. :mad: I like Chas and Carl as a couple!

I'm glad Maisie is gone - I couldn't look at her any longer. She was so pale and thin and her eyes were sunken into her head from all the crying. The poor actress who played her must have needed a good holiday after finishing that storyline!

• Advertisement

Jason Merrells has revealed that Emmerdale's Declan Macey will be murderess Natasha Wylde's "enemy".

Merrells, who joined the ITV soap earlier this year, told Soaplife that Declan would break up with Natasha (Amanda Donohe) when she continues to defend her son Nathan against claims that he murdered his father Mark.

However, despite ending the relationship, Declan remains at Home Farm.

"Natasha's always been the driving force in the business but the tables have turned," he said. "Natasha's shocked at how cold he suddenly becomes. Instead of her lover now he's her enemy. And he's determined to get exactly what he wants."

Asked what Declan wanted, he admitted: "Complete control of Home Farm.

"He wants the Wyldes out and the first thing he does is sack Nathan. Deep down I think he still cares for Natasha but he turns the love into hate..."

Natasha, Maisie (Alice Coulthard), Nathan (Lyndon Ogbourne) and Will, will all exit the soap as the storyline reaches its climax.

Declan punches Nathan next week :)

Oh and Maisie will be back

Theres tragedy for Aaron and Jackson when they’re involved in an horrific car crash with Marlon and Paddy on a lads night out. One of the quartets lives will alter forever as he is left fighting for his life in hospital, but who is it?

I think its
    Jackson who is injured badly

bubbaloo wrote: »
    On another note, I'm really annoyed about Carl getting together with Eve. I thought after all the crap he went through with Lexi, that him and Chas were the real deal and the writers of Emmerdale would just leave well enough alone. :mad: I like Chas and Carl as a couple!

I'm glad Maisie is gone - I couldn't look at her any longer. She was so pale and thin and her eyes were sunken into her head from all the crying. The poor actress who played her must have needed a good holiday after finishing that storyline!
    cant stand Eve, she is no good actor. carl is another pain. maisie is sort of ok, as for nathen well im waiting for him to leave, mammy dearest is bloody usless as Eve is.

So Leyla is the kid's real mother

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

I havent cried at Emmerdale in years....... :(

Poor Aaron and Clyde

wow arran and paddy actually hugged, thought id never see the day, and poor clyd, sobbed for ages after watch,n it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭gazzer

When it comes to emotional scenes Emmerdale knocks the other soaps out of the ball park. It was so sad last night with poor Clyde dying. Does anybody remember when Eithnes dog Batley was put to sleep a few years back and it won best exit at the soap awards?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Most of the soaps cant compete with Emmerdale, Fullstop. .

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Oh my God, my husband actually thought there was something wrong with our little boy last night because I was crying so much after watching Aaron and Clyde! :(
    He's such a brilliant actor - if he doesn't win a rake of awards after his coming out storyline there is no justice in this world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Didn't he win an award at the last awards? I cant remember which one but I remember him picking up something, and a lot of actors from other soaps commenting afterwards that he deserved it above anyone else.

I really liked how they handled his coming out story. In other soaps the gay characters are so stereotypical like Sean in Coronation Street. Arran's other character traits like his temper are first and foremost with him being gay as an almost secondary quality. I think it was done very well.

My boyfriend couldnt understand why I was crying either! I loved when he said Paddy was better than his dad. Im totally hooked on this soap again.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement