Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

is niamh horan the worst journo in the country?

Options
  • 28-08-2014 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

just got around to reading the women's rugby article. holy crap its brutal, but came across her piece defending it.........independent.ie/opinion/comment/i-would-rather-be-hated-for-what-i-am-than-liked-for-what-i-pretend-to-be-3051385 (Cant post link)
    Another stellar piece.....whats the deal with all the innuendo? is she using that rag of a paper to inform us she gets a bit every so often?
    imagine if she was there covering Kennedy's assassination?........President Kennedy was shot in the head as he sat in the back seat of an open topped car as the motorcade drove through downtown Dallas......bet that's not the first bit of head the back seat of Kennedy's car has seen....hur hur hur................................aaaaand go boardsies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Probably, but whoever keeps publishing her has more to answer for!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Isn't John Waters still technically a journalist?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I can't make head nor tail of the OP's post but to answer the title question. Quite possibly.

No matter what the subject, Niamh Horan always brings it back to one thing - Niamh Horan. And I for one, don't buy a paper on a Sunday to read about Niamh Horan.

But, as has been said. Her editors shoulder a lot of responsibility for exploiting Horan's stupidity for their own gain at the expense of her reputation.

She had the potiontial to deliver good journalism and the platform to do it, but her credibility is shot at this stage and nobody takes her seriously anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Hi OP, there is already a lengthy thread on this. Ta.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91667233

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement