Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland's Dearest Petrol Station - ESSO, Swords

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

He is highlighting what the suppliers are doing to him. I knew of two shell stations that were near each other, one station was paying shell more for the fuel than you could buy it for retail from the other place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Certainly does come across as a tosser.
    Sounds like he's trying to get out of the contract with Esso.
    Wasn't there something similar going on with that filling station on the quays a few years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ireland's number one gombeen

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The one on the quays was just cashing in on people coming in from the port before the big place opened there. Most of their business was from the gardai who were obviously buying it or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The one on the quays was just cashing in on people coming in from the port before the big place opened there. Most of their business was from the gardai who were obviously buying it or less.

Was there not some story about the owner wanting to get out of their contract and build a car park on the site?
    They then just lashed up the prices to piss off the petrol company in the hope they would be released from their contract?
    Probably well off the mark here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

He doesn't half love to boast about stuff...what a cock :rolleyes: reminds me of Pat Mustard :rolleyes:

"At the weekends he's a swimming instructor. And he fought in Vietnam and he's a former Mr Universe and he taught Elvis Presley how to play karate."

tumblr_lj52ixmZ3G1qdgm48o1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Place down the road from me is ALWAYS 6 cent dearer than town prices! But its nothing to with suppliers of the fuel as every single item in his shop is some bit dearer. Even a loaf of bread or a pint of milk is 10 cent dearer. I'm surprised his newspapers and cigarettes aren't more expensive! >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭David09

There are three filling stations in Blessington, Co. Wicklow and all of them are usually way higher in price than any in Tallaght or Baltinglass.
    I do my best to avoid refuelling in the there.

Advertisement