Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

learn how to hack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

That sites been on the go for a while alright osborne, I remember it back in the day.

If you want to learn to hack, go learn a programming language!!. Much more fun!.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's also a good way to learn how to write more secure code. If you're familiar with the types of things hackers tend to try you can spot the potential vulnerabilities you might leave before you get to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭-osborne-

stevenmu wrote: »
    It's also a good way to learn how to write more secure code. If you're familiar with the types of things hackers tend to try you can spot the potential vulnerabilities you might leave before you get to them.
    its a good website for noobs,thought me a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

These websites can sometimes get pretty challenging. I love them. Gets you in the right mindset for programming, and can help a lot with learning how to reverse engineer in general, helps with teaching common security errors and security principal in general and they're good fun if you get going at it and make some progress. Especially if you're new to it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Deserved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

I've used http://www.hackertest.net/ before..

At first its kinda fun, erally easy but fun all the same..then after a while it gets kinda silly..you'll see what I mean.

I got to level 14 or there abouts..I just quit after that cause it was just stupid.

I'm gonna go and check the two previously mentioned sites now..

MODS: How far are we allowed to take this thread??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

That doesn't even come close to hacking.
    As was said go learn a language.

Advertisement