Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I had to Google Peroni such is my ignorance on drink. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Anyone around town?! Head into cassidys for drinks and merriment guaranteed!! :)

Edit: Otis you have to get here - you need to see the barwoman!! Trust me.....you just do!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

How was Jeff Dunham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Anyone around town?! Head into cassidys for drinks and merriment guaranteed!! :)

Edit: Otis you have to get here - you need to see the barwoman!! Trust me.....you just do!!

Im down in lovely Longford for the remainder of the weekend mate.Is it the wee cutie with the denim hot pants,she is a knock out.

It is the wee cutie - but she is in less than hotpants tonight!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    I noticed that bar girl the last time I was in. :D

Well turn up tonight and notice her now!!

It is the wee cutie - but she is in less than hotpants tonight!!

ok-im-so-jelly-thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Propaganda was superb last night. Have no idea who the DJ was but he was incredible. Played some absolute belters.

There are some absolute dickheads in there though. One little bollocks shouldered me and then demanded an apology... Cretin.

The layout of the place is an absolute cluster fúck though. You've pretty much got to wade through the dance floor to get your jacket back. Pain in the hole.

Good night apart from that though. Exhausted now and can't get back to sleep. Grr.

For T_G

Hopefully ye will do us a favour today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm quite nervous mate. We've still got a massive incentive for ourselves and it's the last home game of the season so fans will be well up for it. If they can generate the same noise against Liverpool, I think City could crumble but we need to get at them from the first to the last whistle.

Hopefully I'll be doing a bit of a pogo later on.

Such a beautiful morning out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

A 'few' drinks while watching the match in the Woolshed turned into myself, the sister and the best friend drinking from 3pm til 3am, hitting three bars, two clubs and walking 4 or 5 miles home because we got the wrong Nitelink :pac:

Best of all - I've never been so drunk in my life as I was last night, and I didn't pay for a single drink. Oh yeah. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im making profitaroles instead of studying!

and Dublin Bus have changed my bus routes yet again! :rolleyes:

The 3 is now joined with the 1 and 2 under Route 1
    and they have gotten rid of the 16a its has been morphed with the 16!

im making profitaroles instead of studying!

and Dublin Bus have changed my bus routes yet again! :rolleyes:

The 3 is now joined with the 1 and 2 under Route 1
    and they have gotten rid of the 16a its has been morphed with the 16!

They tried to change my route a few years ago. There was uproar over it because the area it serviced was used a lot by elderly people doing their food shopping and stuff. They eventually changed it anyway, despite the protests.

Instead of coming every 7 minutes now, it's every 40 minutes usually, sometimes longer, the route is twice as long, AND after 6 months of the new route, they have to change one of the final destinations back to what it originally was, due to the uproar and protests.

:rolleyes:

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    They tried to change my route a few years ago. There was uproar over it because the area it serviced was used a lot by elderly people doing their food shopping and stuff. They eventually changed it anyway, despite the protests.

Instead of coming every 7 minutes now, it's every 40 minutes usually, sometimes longer, the route is twice as long, AND after 6 months of the new route, they have to change one of the final destinations back to what it originally was, due to the uproar and protests.

:rolleyes:

oh stop!

they say that it will be a better more frequent service! it will in my hole!
    in particular the 16 and 16a were always packed at peak times and they always arrived together i dont see how morphing them into the one route will help the situation!

still it could be worse!

oh stop!

they say that it will be a better more frequent service! it will in my hole!
    in particular the 16 and 16a were always packed at peak times and they always arrived together i dont see how morphing them into the one route will help the situation!

still it could be worse!

It's not going to help! Ours was morphed with another route, both busy buses, and bang, it's now 40 minute waits, packed buses, delays all the time.

It's gonna be fun to see what happens when they amalgamate even more routes like they have planned.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    It's not going to help! Ours was morphed with another route, both busy buses, and bang, it's now 40 minute waits, packed buses, delays all the time.

It's gonna be fun to see what happens when they amalgamate even more routes like they have planned.

It really isnt!

I know they think they are "making it better" but really they are making things worse and even more inconvenient!

these profitaroles are going to be disgusting.....if i pour cream and chocolate on them maybe no one would notice?? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Pixie Fairy, I will have them if you want! :)

Speaking of buses and stuff.

I think I got a smack from the hangover bus. :(

• Advertisement

Hmm, the evening has crept up quickly.

Polloloca wrote: »
    Pixie Fairy, I will have them if you want! :)

haha feel free! :D

they are really flat so im calling them profitabuscuits!

Roast dinner in the oven, nom nom. I'm starving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

And I'm jealous! Do want.

I think my brother is trying out cooking tonight, this should be interesting......

If you don't hear from me for a few days, assume I died of food poisoning. That boy would live on soup if he could. :pac:

edit: I've no idea how that smiley snuck in there. :o

My roast is boring though, because I'm off carbs, so it's just loads of roasted veggies and meat.

I'd kill for soup right now. Let's swap!

There's nothing wrong with a good bit of meat. (fnar fnar fnar)

Deal! One teenage boy and a lot of soup in the post to ya :P

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Hmm, the evening has crept up quickly.

Yours maybe! I had to work hard for mine to get here. My 6 hour shift today felt longer then the 12 hour one I did on Friday.

Evening all! how are we?

There's nothing wrong with a good bit of meat. (fnar fnar fnar)

Deal! One teenage boy and a lot of soup in the post to ya :P

I don't need the teenage boy, that'd be illegal. :(

• Advertisement

I just found this, mix of two of my favourite shows:

Also, I want that chair. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement