Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SkyHD and Neet splitter or active matrix?

• 26-09-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi

I have tried recently to connect a SkyHD box running the latest Sky firmware via a Neet HDMI splitter and some Neet HDMI->Cat5 extenders to two TVs.

This didn't work. Works perfectly on the newer of the two TVs, but the older one just gives me pink video/no sound (as if it had decided it was talking to a DVI display). Both TVs are Samsung LCDs. Either work fine over the HDMI->CAT5 extender gizmos alone.

Anyhoo ... Neet support are very good and so on, and will give me a refund but suggest that it's worth trying one of their 4x2 Matrix distribution amps instead.

Anyone succeed in getting such a setup to work (SkyHD box via Neet True Matrix 4x2 to two TVs). I don't in fact care if it only worked on one of the TVs at a time, so long as it would work on either of them.

Currently I have to manually switch the Sky box to the desired TV, which is going to get old really fast.

Ta
    Liam
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭liamf

Update just FYI

The Neet Matrix 4x2 works fine. SkyHD output to two screens without a problem.

Advertisement